Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

RRE ECUtek - 355whp 349 tqe

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ Correct my friend... the way RRE has there dyno calibrated is awesome, it reads lower then a dyno jet.
Old May 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Umm, that's wierd. Maybe the shop that had the dynojet was using a hugh correction factor or something cause usually dyna packs read substantially higher than dyno jets, which in turn read higher than mustangs and dyno dynamics. Perrins dyna pack reads the stock evo X at like 270, which read at around 240 on AMS' dyno jet, which reads at about 215 on dyno4mance's dyno dynamics. I am sceptical of dyna pack numbers. Either way, it's the gains that matter most based on what the starting numbers were. DC, what did the X dyno at stock on your dyno?

Last edited by STi2EvoX; May 15, 2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

I have a question, how is your gas mileage affected.
Old May 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=DC_TypeR;5644770]

This pic alone makes me want a X
Old May 15, 2008, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by DC_TypeR
The factory tune is EXTREMELY rich (if you have been keeping up on the evo x stock tune from the factory)

So what we are doing with the ECUTek is lean it out, so we can make a little more power on the top end.

Once you hit a certain point in the tuning though, the stock injectors IDC's are maxed out. I think it will be safe to guess, the point where you need to start upgrading your fuel system on the evo x on pump gas, 91/93 octance is going to be somewhere around 350-365whp + or - 5 whp.

1SiCkEvo, congrats. Glad you like the exhaust.

-Chris
Chris,

Yeah I know the factory tune ends up at 9.5:1 from 5500 up, but I was wondering what your values were. The compressor doesnt look or spec high enough to be maxing 665cc at least as it appears with a 11.5 AFR or so. All the 91 stuff I see tends to be richer than that so I am wondering if that and a stock pump are killing the IDCs so bad.

aaron
Old May 15, 2008, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
^Umm, that's wierd. Maybe the shop that had the dynojet was using a hugh correction factor or something cause usually dyna packs read substantially higher than dyno jets, which in turn read higher than mustangs and dyno dynamics. Perrins dyna pack reads the stock evo X at like 270, which read at around 240 on AMS' dyno jet, which reads at about 215 on dyno4mance's dyno dynamics. I am sceptical of dyna pack numbers. Either way, it's the gains that matter most based on what the starting numbers were. DC, what did the X dyno at stock on your dyno?

You can dyno race all you want. Every Evo X has been different, some have had the stock factory reflash, others haven't. My dyno baselined at 250whp/ 271 torque. I'm sceptical on everyone's dyno, because not all dyno's are set up to the same correction factors or are calibrated the same. I am fully aware of the "dyna pack" reading higher, but if a guy in CA... on 91, has dyno'd on a dyno jet, and hit 300, then on 91 octane hit 280 on a dyna pack... that's gotta tell you something.

Anyhow, I am done talking about different dynos, back to the real world!

-Chris
Old May 15, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

You tell'em Chris!
Old May 15, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

You can dyno race all you want. Every Evo X has been different, some have had the stock factory reflash, others haven't. My dyno baselined at 250whp/ 271 torque. I'm sceptical on everyone's dyno, because not all dyno's are set up to the same correction factors or are calibrated the same. I am fully aware of the "dyna pack" reading higher, but if a guy in CA... on 91, has dyno'd on a dyno jet, and hit 300, then on 91 octane hit 280 on a dyna pack... that's gotta tell you something.

Anyhow, I am done talking about different dynos, back to the real world!

-Chris
Exactly. People should read the entire statement, not just choose a phrase. I specifically said 300 on DynoJet at TuningTechnology and 280 on DynaPak@RRE (same place as DR_TypeR). What is so confusing?
Old May 16, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
Am I under the wrong impression that using MBC, the car boosts faster and boost tapers less for this car? I've called few places, and they seem to all recommend running MBC along with Ecutek. Because if I'm wrong, i just wasted $65 for part + $50 for installation & setting the boost.
A properly tuned ECU based boost control will "hit" as hard as a MBC in my experience.
Old May 16, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
How does the ECU detect knock? Is there such a thing as Knock Sum like with the Evo 8/9? Does ECUtek's Deltadash (if that is what they are using) log knock Sum?
Old May 16, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

I hope I am not out of line posting in here but I just wanted to answer NJ's question real quick.

Basically the way they have it set up now is there are 2 timing maps in the ECU high and low octane same as an Evo 8&9. But they did something a little different in how they trim off of the maps and what values they use.

I have said this before somewhere else but it is almost like a Subaru in that a Subaru has IAM in which it is a number that represents how much timing is learned through corrections in the ECU. This number in the X is a percentage 100% being the highest. So if any knock is detected you can see knock counts, but also you will see the percentage of the knock determenation threshold being changed. So you know if there is knock present based on the 2 numbers.

Also I have gotten a fuel pump in ours and it worked out good. We were maxing out the injectors or at least that is what I saw in datalogs according to the calculation in the datalogger I was using. It did start to lean out so no doubt I was out of injector.

Good numbers BTW!!

Mitch M
Old May 16, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Mitch,

Can you pm me regarding the fuel pump.

and just and fyi, you are more then welcome in my threads! Vivid Racing has nothing but useful information!

Thanks,
Chris
Old May 17, 2008, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Mitch,

Can you pm me regarding the fuel pump.

and just and fyi, you are more then welcome in my threads! Vivid Racing has nothing but useful information!

Thanks,
Chris
I just got my Walbro 255 from JNZ
Old May 17, 2008, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Do they plan on making this exhaust available or is it a one time custom thing for you DC?
Old May 17, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

^ Call them and ask. I think they will be making them based on demand..

Quick Reply: RRE ECUtek - 355whp 349 tqe