Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

RRE ECUtek - 355whp 349 tqe

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just call RRE and let them know that you want that style.
They can ship it.

-Chris
Old May 19, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

I was at RRE on Friday. Mike was finalizing my tune. I think he spent more than 20 hours on my car. I wanted my car to be setup for track events, so he is finding that goldilock area. Just with minor timing and fuel adjustment, whp fluctuates between 320 whp to 360 whp. He is trying to get it at 340 whp with AFT just below 11.5 to 1. I think between DC_TypeR's car and mine, Mike has put in more than 40 hours of dyno time with Ecutek. I saw a black EVO X that was next in line for a tune.

Anyways, I just wanted to show my appreciation to Mike and his crew at RRE for their diligence in tuning my car to perfection!!
Old May 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
I was at RRE on Friday. Mike was finalizing my tune. I think he spent more than 20 hours on my car. I wanted my car to be setup for track events, so he is finding that goldilock area. Just with minor timing and fuel adjustment, whp fluctuates between 320 whp to 360 whp. He is trying to get it at 340 whp with AFT just below 11.5 to 1. I think between DC_TypeR's car and mine, Mike has put in more than 40 hours of dyno time with Ecutek. I saw a black EVO X that was next in line for a tune.

Anyways, I just wanted to show my appreciation to Mike and his crew at RRE for their diligence in tuning my car to perfection!!
Great job RRE!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 02:10 PM

do we need to make an appt with them or they will to take walk ins?
Old Jun 3, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Make an appointment.

email

Mike@roadraceengineering.com
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DC_TypeR
Make an appointment.

email

Mike@roadraceengineering.com
already sent him an email...Lets do this!
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

i also want to know how your gas millage is effected...
Old Jun 4, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't know... my car has seen the dyno more then the street. It is not a daily driven car.

With the re-flash from Mitsu, your gas mileage should improve.

When he tunes it, you'll notice a huge increase in power and response. Depending on your mods, you'll gas mileage should increase as well (if you stay off the go pedal)

-Chris
Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Your right foot has 99% of the control when it comes to getting better gas mileage. You would get better mileage under full throttle since we tune it for mid 11:1 AFRs instead of low low 10s :-) But if you are running at full throttle you would be lucky to get 5 mpg at that moment.

A fuel mileage tune would need to be specifically asked for so we could spend the time tuning those areas more.

Mike W
Old Jun 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike W
Your right foot has 99% of the control when it comes to getting better gas mileage. You would get better mileage under full throttle since we tune it for mid 11:1 AFRs instead of low low 10s :-) But if you are running at full throttle you would be lucky to get 5 mpg at that moment.

A fuel mileage tune would need to be specifically asked for so we could spend the time tuning those areas more.

Mike W
+1

It's all about how you drive the car. After Mike tuned my car, I got around 22 mpg driving to the track averaging 80 mph. At the track, <5 mpg. More boost = more fuel.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

big gains for 22 psi.. . very nice
Old Jun 5, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait to get my car to RRE
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

for Road Race Engineering. I don't think there is another shop in Socal that has tuned more EVO X then RRE.

If anyone gets a tune there, make sure to sit with Mike for few minutes to see how he tunes the car. That was very educational for me to see the MAN in action!!
Old Jun 6, 2008, 08:56 AM

for RRE and Mike.

Definitely gonna get a tune from him. My only hesitation is that I don't have money for multiple tunes so is their another tune coming out for MIVEC? I'm gonna go with basic mods like intake, catback maybe testpipe...and then tune...but can't afford to go back when there's a better/more inclusive tune later down the line, if there is such a thing. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wa2evo
for RRE and Mike.

Definitely gonna get a tune from him. My only hesitation is that I don't have money for multiple tunes so is their another tune coming out for MIVEC? I'm gonna go with basic mods like intake, catback maybe testpipe...and then tune...but can't afford to go back when there's a better/more inclusive tune later down the line, if there is such a thing. Thanks in advance for any advice.
The first tune is expensive because of the licensing costs from Ecutek. Re-tune should be much cheaper. And the current tune that they gave me also has MIVEC tables altered. Mike will take care of you.

Quick Reply: RRE ECUtek - 355whp 349 tqe