Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

dealer ecu flash failed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer ecu flash failed

So I'm at Glendale mitsu dealer now and apparently the flash crashed half way through the procedure (tsb flash for high rpm stutter).

They are calling a support center to ask for assistance. I should have just waited for my RRE tune.

Tony
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crebain
So I'm at Glendale mitsu dealer now and apparently the flash crashed half way through the procedure (tsb flash for high rpm stutter).

They are calling a support center to ask for assistance. I should have just waited for my RRE tune.

Tony
That happens sometimes, they just need to key it off, back on, make sure all accessories and lights are off and flash it again.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:13 AM

Thanks for the tip, they seem to think they tried everything and are ordering a new ecu. Waiting for my rental car now LOL.

I'm driving to hb mitsu from now on.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the tip, they seem to think they tried everything and are ordering a new ecu. Waiting for my rental car now LOL.

I'm driving to hb mitsu from now on.
Good Plan
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks man... i just hate it how people suck really bad at their professions and can't even do something simple. Kind of scary sometimes. Imagine a doctor trying to restart your heart and screws it up. "Okay, well it looks like we'll have to order you a new one."
Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Bad flashes do happen sorry to hear that...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least they are giving you a rental. Dealer around my area probably try to get your family member to pick you up and tell you they will call you once the car is finish.

Best of luck with the car.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

yeah the stealership has f'ed up my X...sad thing is I have to take it back to them now...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

With my luck that would happen to me if I took it in for the flash.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:22 AM

I agree, they were at least polite when they *finally* told me what heppened and the rental was nice. I upgraded it to a Caddy for fun =)

Are ECU's like a PC's BIOS? As in, if you unplug the power while flashing your BIOS it's hosed? Or did someone not plug the cable in correctly?

Calling in a bit to see if my new ECU came in.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 04:46 PM

Tony
Worst dealsership ever. Screw all those bastards that work there.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

I agree, they were at least polite when they *finally* told me what heppened and the rental was nice. I upgraded it to a Caddy for fun =)

Are ECU's like a PC's BIOS? As in, if you unplug the power while flashing your BIOS it's hosed? Or did someone not plug the cable in correctly?

Calling in a bit to see if my new ECU came in.
Yes i think they are just like a bios. Is the brain of the car store on flash rom. So i guess it might be easy to mess up. But im guessing the car ones are a bit safer to do. I guess they just had bad luck with yours.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
that sucks man... i just hate it how people suck really bad at their professions and can't even do something simple. Kind of scary sometimes. Imagine a doctor trying to restart your heart and screws it up. "Okay, well it looks like we'll have to order you a new one."

Thats why you need a degree to be a doctor. Techs don't even need a high school diploma!
Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:57 AM

Well, after 3 days they worked out the process with help on the phone from Mitsu. Turns out the laptops they use for flashes were not updated with the newest software to perform the procedure and when they finally were updated still no dice. Apparently they unpacked and charged the old laptops which were able to talk to the ECU correctly.

Thanks for the posts, it was nice having a place to vent! I will say that I'm not going back there. I understand that things happen sometimes which are less than ideal, what I disliked was the total aversion they had to proactively informing me of what was going on. Getting honest answers was like pulling teeth and for that reason they have lost my business, that and not comping my oil change for the 3 days I endured away from my baby.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Glad to see it's back. Some dealerships just can't do anything right. I went through that around here.

Quick Reply: dealer ecu flash failed