Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

ECUTEK CAR w/ NO MODS goes 107+mph Trap Speed!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enjoitk
whats the average 1/4 time for stock evo x's? because ive heard 13 flat (doubt it) and even heard 14 flat (doubt it) just curious
Mid to high 13's with 100-101mph traps! I have not heard of any stock evo x running 13 flat and if you cannot launch decent you will run a 14
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:32 AM
Fomer Vendor

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Full manifold-back exhaust, weight reduction -360lbs, rims, intake, WGA, C16, sensor manipulation etc.

If you think it was done on 9.8AFR and 13* ITA, thats comical.

We plan on 11's in full weight with no racefuel.
That is slanderous and I urge you to quit spreading this misinformation.

For reference, and last time I checked, Buschur Racings X weighs 3407, 3 lbs LIGHTER then our car. Saying we have weight reduction is a poor excuse on your part, it is not our fault you choose to run the heavy stock parts. The only abnormal weight we took off was the rear crash bar and REPLACED it with a light weight piece that is for sale by us. If you would like to shed some weight off your car, you can order one.

As for the C16, we have stated numerous times that it was on a 93:110 mix. I would estimate we were running around 102-103 octane that day. We still ran 12.0 on pump gas and 24psi.

Sensor manipulation? Are you serious? We haven’t touched the sensors or the ECU, not even with a Split Second box.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

alright can we get Noize (the mod) here to erase these zchip comments and keep this thread on topic. this is after all ECUTek and not any other tuning method thread. Noize, thanks

Originally Posted by Hiboost
I would say that is about the most you could expect from just an EcuTek Tune and Boost increase and it compares very close to the Z-Chip from TTP. Considering that is about a 6-7 mph gain in trap speeds that's really nice for a full weight car! I guess for the stock Turbo, the factory exhaust and intake path is well matched given that cars with upgraded parts are only managing 3-4 mph higher trap speeds.

I suspect that once I swap out the flow limited stock turbo the effect of the upgraded parts will make much more of a difference. I know I'm spinning my tires in 1st gear now but it's kinda funny how my 1/8 mile trap speeds of 84 mph are lower than that car! I'll chalk that up as driver (me) error.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is still on topic and other tuning options are welcome to be discussed in comparison to the Ecutek.. Just as long as there is no slander or bashing i think all is in good conversation so far/./.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:03 PM
Account Disabled

A few more Evo X specifics and things which you can adjust with Ecutek and which you can not adjust with a piggy back

The Evo X employs a DBW throttle which can be adjusted by the Ecutek to alter the feel and action of the TPS pedal

Evo X has both intake and exhuast cam timing which can be remapped with Ecutek

Evo x has multiple fuel maps all of which can be indpendantly adjusted with Ecutek - with a piggy back you get one map when the ecu switches your tune is off

Evo X has multiple air flow to TQ caculation maps all of which must be adjusted to suit the desired and actual engine load or the car will experience cel issues and limp mode

Rev Limit and two step rev limp, boost cut, top speed limiter, injector scaling and latancy are just a few of the data fields which can be adjusted with Ecutek

Finally, live map tracing, data logging and other tuner tools which enable the tuner to set up your custom tune properly are all included with Ecutek

Al
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
A few more Evo X specifics and things which you can adjust with Ecutek and which you can not adjust with a piggy back

The Evo X employs a DBW throttle which can be adjusted by the Ecutek to alter the feel and action of the TPS pedal

Evo X has both intake and exhuast cam timing which can be remapped with Ecutek

Evo x has multiple fuel maps all of which can be indpendantly adjusted with Ecutek - with a piggy back you get one map when the ecu switches your tune is off

Evo X has multiple air flow to TQ caculation maps all of which must be adjusted to suit the desired and actual engine load or the car will experience cel issues and limp mode

Rev Limit and two step rev limp, boost cut, top speed limiter, injector scaling and latancy are just a few of the data fields which can be adjusted with Ecutek

Finally, live map tracing, data logging and other tuner tools which enable the tuner to set up your custom tune properly are all included with Ecutek

Al

WOW, great info to have on hand AL.. I think many members are unaware of the potential of an Ecutek tune Vs. Chip.. I always thought the great thing about the Ecutek is being able to play with the cam timing which will help a great deal w/more than just peak power but how the car comes into power..
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:09 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Hugo@TTP
What EXEDE product? There is none. Vishnu has abandoned the project.

Our ZChip is an off the shelf unit that you plug in an go in 10 minutes.

Some other comical terms we find are "Buschur Flash EcuTeK". Since you flash the EcuTeK flash for Buschur, is there a reason you just don't claim them to be your own?

A pnp chip that takes 10 min to install and runs 107.42mph on its first pass down the strip in 93*F heat and 95% humidity in FL does not sound like any type of compromise.

FYI

All Buschur Flash tuning are created in colaberation with David Buschur on his dyno and under his direct supervision

For example, I am headed to Ohio on Monday for 3 days of dyno testing and R & D on the Buschur Flash for the Evo MR version and BR350 Evo XMR

You can follow the progress on how we do it through my You Tube channel - Dyno Flash

Buschur Flash is only available as a sale through Buschur Racing and is sold exclusively through Buschur Racing

I do not offer any mail in or base flash Evo X tuning through Dyno Flash at this time as I am still working on my data base of maps and R & D. In time, I may support a mail in reflash program for the X however, at this time I do not.

Thanks

Al
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
WOW, great info to have on hand AL.. I think many members are unaware of the potential of an Ecutek tune Vs. Chip.. I always thought the great thing about the Ecutek is being able to play with the cam timing which will help a great deal w/more than just peak power but how the car comes into power..
Its amazing how the new platform comes out and we are debating many of the same subjects which were already argued about on the old platform back in 2003 and 2004

Believe it or not in 2003 when I started reflashing I had to convince many people that a reflash could outperform the SAFC

Many of the original adopters such as myself embraced piggy backs when the Evo first came out before the Tech Tom reflash was available - for example I used a emanage to run 11.8 as the first Evo 8 in the 11's way back in April of 2003 on the stock engine - no cams and stock turbo. Sure I went fast with the emanage. But when the reflash became available I switched right away to the Tec Tom and was going 11.1 shortly thereafter.

In time, other piggy backs came on the market with varying levels of adjustability and other features but as more and more of those devices were removed and discarded i think now everyone agrees that the best way to go is either with a reflash or a full stand alone ecu

With the advent of the X there is some confusion and mis-information being spread

I am confident that in time the community will come to embrace reflashing in one form or another as the more effective was to tune a Stock ecu X

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Sep 18, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
End results, cost factor, safety and ease of product availability and install all appear to be the optimal way to achieve what the consumer is after.
Buschur Flash

End results - same speed and ET, have been campainged in numerous road racing cars and dozens of customer vehicles without any problems of any kind

Cost - $575 - includes Ecutek license and ability to have ecu remapped in the future for a reduced price through Buschur Flash or at any one od dozens of qualified and approved Ecutek dealersall over the USA and world

Saftey - 100% reliability record to date - backed by one of the top parts vendors in the industry. Application developed by Ecutek with years of experience in ecu flashing and world class customer service and support.

Ease of availability - call 440-839-1900 - ask to buy a Buschur Flash - available NOW - can be installed in customer's car same day and shipped back fed ex anywhere in the world for next day delivery
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i thought this thread was about the tune vs chip etc and not about what Dynoflash can do or cant.
Go figure...
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i thought this thread was about the tune vs chip etc and not about what Dynoflash can do or cant.
Go figure...
That's not how I read it. I see it as one the the biggest tuners explaining the differences and using his experiences/work as examples.

After reading this, flash tuning is definitely the way to go. Once available, I don't foresee a need for piggybacks. Just like Al said, this is the 8's all over again.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:54 PM

This thread has given me alot of info. I didn't knoww..... cool to find out the diff. between ecutek and the pnp chip
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

What I find interesting is that all of the TTP guys talk about how much more power the Z chip makes than an ecutek tune and yet a stock X with ecutek and a stock X with the Z chip both run 12.7 1/4 miles and have the same trap speeds. I have no further comments.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blazing VIII
That's not how I read it. I see it as one the the biggest tuners explaining the differences and using his experiences/work as examples.

After reading this, flash tuning is definitely the way to go. Once available, I don't foresee a need for piggybacks. Just like Al said, this is the 8's all over again.

I agree with the way you interpreted the post..
Old Sep 18, 2008, 01:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Riz5
This thread has given me alot of info. I didn't knoww..... cool to find out the diff. between ecutek and the pnp chip
It has given plenty of info on EcuTek for sure and how older chips worked. But seeing as few people know exactly how the Z-Chip works, it would be an unfair statement to claim it doesn't offer comparable or better results.

Quick Reply: ECUTEK CAR w/ NO MODS goes 107+mph Trap Speed!!!