Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Cobb Tuning Access Port Is Now Available For The Evo X!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:26 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LVSBB6
Couple questions.

Can I installed an upgraded actuator to work with the Accessport?

Does the AP monitors boost reading as well?
At this time that will require a custom tune with a pro tuner (race tuner) or a MBC. The Cobb supplied tuning maps will only work with stock boost set up.

Modified boost set ups and other non normal mods will benefit from a custom pro tune

One of the great features on the Access Port is that you can start off with the very good off the shelf Cobb free maps it comes with and then as you go further with the car you can get a custom pro tune. It is a very flexable unit.

Al
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by fubar22
Big Al, I want one u have my # call me
The first one has your name on it - I am ordering in 10 of them for next week

Al
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The first one has your name on it - I am ordering in 10 of them for next week

Al
Al
i pm'd ya about one also!! let me know
thanks
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
This is not applicable to Evo X application

Subaru has adaptive ignition control - Mitsubishi does not

The access port units will all have on board data logging capability it is in the works which will alllow end user to actually data log the sensors

At this time you could use the X unit to watch knock by looking at the gauge function and watching knock and timing

Al
Just to be clear, can the AP for the EVO X log actual KNOCK values to the AP device?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Al will you be offering a tune specific for the forge actuators you sell now? Id so, will this also be included at the introductory price of 695 shipped?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

hey, with this can i flash my evo x and also my friends or does it like hardware lock to just one ecu.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ibarkovic
hey, with this can i flash my evo x and also my friends or does it like hardware lock to just one ecu.
You can only flash 1 ECU.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

I will have them in stock early next week

We are very excited after reviewing the beta software last week it has everything that Ecutek has as far as tuning with all the familiar Cobb goodies like being able to flash back to stock on demand and hold a extra race gas map etc typical Cobb goodness

The monitor function is also a huge plus as you wont need a dedicated boost gauge with the on board map sensor

Al
The fact that the AP will have everything the Ecutek has plus more is great information Al. This makes the decision for some that much easier.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At this time that will require a custom tune with a pro tuner (race tuner) or a MBC. The Cobb supplied tuning maps will only work with stock boost set up.

Modified boost set ups and other non normal mods will benefit from a custom pro tune

One of the great features on the Access Port is that you can start off with the very good off the shelf Cobb free maps it comes with and then as you go further with the car you can get a custom pro tune. It is a very flexable unit.

Al
Al when are you coming to Dallas? After flashing the ECU do you have to leave it plugged it?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
or another great way to monitor it is via DIA. It will add timing if the ECU is happy, or pull timing if it sees knock. This way if its cool outside and you have some fresh gas,you car can add up to 5degrees of its own timing
Obviously you haven't actually tuned a Evo 10 yet...

There is no DIA. There is some DIA at cruise with the EGR table, but the 8 and 9 had this as well.

Last edited by razorlab; Nov 27, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by lowkey
After flashing the ECU do you have to leave it plugged it?
No
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Subscribed
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:35 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Just to be clear, can the AP for the EVO X log actual KNOCK values to the AP device?
Sorry, I am on vacation and do not have my tuning lap top with me so I can not verify the actual functions which can be "monitored" or which can be "data logged"

Let me be clear on the distinction

Monitor Data is a long time Cobb Access Port Feature which allows you to simply plug in the AP to the OBDII port and use it as a gauge to monitor OBD II data such as RPM, Timing, Boost Level, MIVEC, etc etc (I do not have the complete list on me now)

Data Log is a NEW Cobb Access Port function in which the unit can be used as a data logger itself and record and store data logs. For example you can review them later or email them to your pro tuner such as myself to make adjustments to your maps.

Let me say that Cobb has really hit a home run with this new product.

I commend Cobb for releasing the pro tuner and the AP itself at the same time - a first - which really makes the AP a very cutting edge tuning resource.

Of particular use to worried Evo X owners about permanent modifications is the ability to revert to stock at the push of a button.

Also, no need to mail out your ecu - once the AP comes its ready to down load the provided free base maps for various octanes or other pro maps generated by tuners like myself and Buschur Racing etc

One more great aspect of this is the fantastic resale value that these command when you uninstall it and sell them used. Unlike a traditional reflash, you can recover most of your investment when you sell your car by un marrying the unit and seling it.

Cobb has certainly stepped up the game big time with this much anticipated product.

Al
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ibarkovic
When you "install" the unit it uploads and stores your OEM rom image and "marries" itself to YOUR ecu.

Thereafter, the unit will only work on your car until you decide to revert to stock and "un marry" the unit which thereby re-installs your original OEM rom in its stock form into your ecu and reverts the AP unit to new function and ready to install on any other X.

Al
Old Nov 27, 2008, 12:42 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Td66
Al will you be offering a tune specific for the forge actuators you sell now? Id so, will this also be included at the introductory price of 695 shipped?
I do have those maps.

Additionally, I will offer free adjustments via email for those with the WGA.

You will simply tell me what the boost is doing and I will adjust it on my end and email you a revised rom.

The mapping and the adjustments will be free for those sold through Dyno Flash during the roll out.

AL

Quick Reply: Cobb Tuning Access Port Is Now Available For The Evo X!