Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Beta Jestr Evo X tune .....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Please play nice, all! Don't take jabs at each other and tempt cross vendor posting, and don't cross post either. It'd be really dumb to have to hand out vendor on vendor infractions since they most always carry hefty account disabled times.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Noize
Please play nice, all! Don't take jabs at each other and tempt cross vendor posting, and don't cross post either. It'd be really dumb to have to hand out vendor on vendor infractions since they most always carry hefty account disabled times.
Not ONCE have I post in his thread -- NOT ONCE !!!!!! People just need to learn how to do their thing and leave others alone - life is indeed very simple . I want zero association with him - thats all .

Thanks and best regards

Frank
Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

hi frank!

when you tuning that beast again?
Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evokel
hi frank!

when you tuning that beast again?

Very soon , we have been doing our customer cars first so our shop car takes the back seat for now ..

Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtremeboost
Very soon , we have been doing our customer cars first so our shop car takes the back seat for now ..

backseat......

lol
Old Jan 6, 2009, 05:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evokel
backseat......

Lol

Old Jan 7, 2009, 09:56 PM

Why is TTP, who has their own tune and chip, chiming in on the Jestr forum?? I could say quite a bit about my thoughts on TTPs Z-Chip, but I will refrain because I value my ability to post on this forum. I would, however, like to comment on the work that Frank at Xtremeboost has done to my car and the great tune I received from John at Jestr.

My car is a 2008 EVO X. I know many of you have seen it, and those of you that have tried to run with me have at least seen my tail lights (that includes you Honda guys who may be reading this forum, lol). I have not posted stickers all over my car and, other than the nice intercooler (beta version 1 of 4 Frank mentioned), my car looks stock. I don't even have a cat back exhaust, and my car is very quiet (must meet wife's approval). My car is currently putting out 360 whp and 370 wtq on BVPs dyno. It actually made much more but I asked that John back the tune off a bit to a point where no boost spikes took place which is why it is only putting out 360 whp, which really isn't bad but I want more. I did screw up my stock clutch so the next mod will be an ACT clutch this weekend. My mods to date, that made the 360 whp, are as follows:

1. Custom made FMIC by Xtremeboost
2. Custom made UICP by Xtremeboost
3. Custom made LICP by Xtremeboost
4. Custom made Intake by Xtremeboost
5. Custom made Downpipe/O2 housing by Xtremeboost
6. Custom made Test Pipe by Xtremeboost
7. HKS EVC (no throttle position or rpm sensors hooked up yet. I should be able to get more hp once those can be hooked up as they will limit the spikes.
8. HKS BOV
9. Jestr Tunings OUTSTANDING tune (beta). I will be going back for another tune as John just keeps improving his tunes.

I will tell you that I drive the car every day. Frank installed his mods back when I had 4000 miles on the car and I have over 12000 on it now. Jestr tuned it weeks ago and I have not had any problems to date (other than blowing my clutch, but I was warned). There is no more to share with you. Unlike Frank, I am not going to wait until I run a 10.99 on my stock turbo to change out my turbo to a bigger one. I am just waiting for the right, and affordable, turbo. Who knows, maybe Frank and I will both hit 10s on the same track day. My car will remain a daily driver so I am not going to go too crazy.

So thanks to both Xtremeboost and Jestr Tuning. You guys are great! And by the way, both the custom parts that Frank made for my car, and the tune, were very affordable and reasonable. I highly recommend both these guys to work on your car.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by oraclesam
Why is TTP, who has their own tune and chip, chiming in on the Jestr forum?? I could say quite a bit about my thoughts on TTPs Z-Chip, but I will refrain because I value my ability to post on this forum. I would, however, like to comment on the work that Frank at Xtremeboost has done to my car and the great tune I received from John at Jestr.

My car is a 2008 EVO X. I know many of you have seen it, and those of you that have tried to run with me have at least seen my tail lights (that includes you Honda guys who may be reading this forum, lol). I have not posted stickers all over my car and, other than the nice intercooler (beta version 1 of 4 Frank mentioned), my car looks stock. I don't even have a cat back exhaust, and my car is very quiet (must meet wife's approval). My car is currently putting out 360 whp and 370 wtq on BVPs dyno. It actually made much more but I asked that John back the tune off a bit to a point where no boost spikes took place which is why it is only putting out 360 whp, which really isn't bad but I want more. I did screw up my stock clutch so the next mod will be an ACT clutch this weekend. My mods to date, that made the 360 whp, are as follows:

7. HKS EVC (no throttle position or rpm sensors hooked up yet. I should be able to get more hp once those can be hooked up as they will limit the spikes.
8. HKS BOV
9. Jestr Tunings OUTSTANDING tune (beta). I will be going back for another tune as John just keeps improving his tunes.

I will tell you that I drive the car every day. Frank installed his mods back when I had 4000 miles on the car and I have over 12000 on it now. Jestr tuned it weeks ago and I have not had any problems to date (other than blowing my clutch, but I was warned). There is no more to share with you. Unlike Frank, I am not going to wait until I run a 10.99 on my stock turbo to change out my turbo to a bigger one. I am just waiting for the right, and affordable, turbo. Who knows, maybe Frank and I will both hit 10s on the same track day. My car will remain a daily driver so I am not going to go too crazy.

So thanks to both Xtremeboost and Jestr Tuning. You guys are great! And by the way, both the custom parts that Frank made for my car, and the tune, were very affordable and reasonable. I highly recommend both these guys to work on your car.
BTW - I forgot to mention that the 360 whp was on 93 octane pump gas. I did not get a race gas tune. I am going to wait until I upgrade the turbo to get a race gas tune.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oraclesam

8. HKS BOV

You really like to hate on TTPs chip, i know you do and why you keep comments to yourself. You mad brah? TTPs car made more power than yours with a nearly stock car..Look at your mod list..And Scott backed up last night at the track with a 12.0@113 on pump gas, full weight, stock intake, stock turbo, stock o2 housing, stock catback, stock boost control, stock fmic, stock pipes
Old Jan 8, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Come on guys, let it go. We are all EVO brothers here.

Later, Ken
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Last I checked Scott is also a member of this forum and he can support a fellow vendor/evo member.

+1 for KPerez's comment.
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:48 AM
Account Disabled

Ok , back on track now .

Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:49 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Frank are you behaving over there
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frank is busy currently building a raft lmao!