Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

How Much Power Will The Stock 'X' Air Flow Sensor Handle b4 reaching max Voltage?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Much Power Will The Stock 'X' Air Flow Sensor Handle b4 reaching max Voltage?

Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by forreal

I'm finding this out right now. With the colder (read: more dense) air, I'm getting a CEL and limp mode whenever I stomp on the gas. It's just a matter of adjusting the air flow limit table.

Now, as far as absolute maximums...I'm not sure.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Depends if the housing is stock. Many of the intakes come with slightly larger MAF housings which scale the MAF and increase it's capacity. I'm sure if you do reach the limit, it is a imple matter of getting a larger housing and retuning.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Boostd4
I'm finding this out right now. With the colder (read: more dense) air, I'm getting a CEL and limp mode whenever I stomp on the gas. It's just a matter of adjusting the air flow limit table.

Now, as far as absolute maximums...I'm not sure.
Thanks for that bit about the 'air flow limit table', I will do some research on that.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Guru
Depends if the housing is stock. Many of the intakes come with slightly larger MAF housings which scale the MAF and increase it's capacity. I'm sure if you do reach the limit, it is a imple matter of getting a larger housing and retuning.
Thanks, the intake is stock, along with the AFS housing. Any numbers where that is concerned?

I'm looking for a power limit b4 the AFS/Housing or intake has to be upgraded or tuned to read more air.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 03:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by forreal
It's mapped to about 415 g/sec at 5.00v

An average TBE Evo 10 with good boost control hits about 300-305 g/sec max which is about 4.54-4.57v

Last edited by razorlab; Dec 8, 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
It's mapped to about 415 g/sec at 5.00v

An average TBE Evo 10 with good boost control hits about 300-305 g/sec max which is about 4.54-4.57v
How did you arrive at that number??

I get 500g/s and you can rescale it if required

I don't know if that's enough for a GT35 though