Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

How the Zchip works

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Please stop posting off topic stuff before the gestapo gets you!
I know.. I know..

In my defense, it is in a way topic related. Since some people claimed that all the parameters (and interrelated parameters) that the zchip modifies are known, I just stated as an observation how it currently seems that it may not be true considering that no one has interpreted the entire ECU program (unless somebody isn't making it known, or they got the original code straight from mitsubishi). So, in a way it's related. At least enough to not warrant starting a whole new thread.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I think we are all trying hard to keep on topic in this thread. Sometimes in just happens to divert for a moment, but those diversions are not necessarily off topic as they are co-related to the origian and very general question I posed as to how this product works. If there is extended discussion, it of course would be beneficial to start a new thread with a link, but I don't see that here as of this point in time.

All these products from all the manufacturers are good products that just go about their business in different ways. I truely want to understand them all to be well rounded with the topic. I get a lot of questions about what people think of various modifications and want to answer them intelligently.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madcows
I know.. I know..

In my defense, it is in a way topic related. Since some people claimed that all the parameters (and interrelated parameters) that the zchip modifies are known, I just stated as an observation how it currently seems that it may not be true considering that no one has interpreted the entire ECU program (unless somebody isn't making it known, or they got the original code straight from mitsubishi). So, in a way it's related. At least enough to not warrant starting a whole new thread.
just so you know, GST is right, if you spend your time in those tables enough it is very easy to control boost via the ECU

Considering the Zchip is a plug N Play device it is for its size doing incredible things, mind you without a true reflash, it also seems like it has alot of parameters that it already has to handle without the addition of boost, no other Piggyback system that i know of (for the evo 1-10) controls boost either so i dont see why this one should