Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.
View Poll Results: Which Intakes should we develop maps for?
COBB Tuning SFI
12.83%
Injen
17.43%
AEM
34.87%
K&N Typhoon
11.51%
ARC
7.24%
AMS
38.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What intake maps for your AccessPORT? AEM avab now!

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably not a huge difference in performace between intakes, some have added features which drive up the cost (heat shields, better couplers, welded-in bungs). I would go with whatever your tuner recommends, if they have more experience with one particular brand it may take less time tuning your Evo and thus save you money there as well.
Old May 18, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
yeah? I'll check it out.. but AP won't likely have a map for those will they? There can't possibly be that much of a difference between most of these intakes for the amount of money they cost.
I'm running the AEM map right now (Stg-1) w/Harman Motives intake. My X runs real good.I felt an overall improvement throughout the entire RPM band over the Reg Stg-1 map.On the top end is most difference (biggest gain)The AMS is almost identical to my HM intake ,except for the HM keeps the MAF futher away from where the factory BPV connects to the BPV tube.

My X will still leave Blk smoke under boost (WOT) but less than factory tune
Old May 18, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo Andy
I'm running the AEM map right now (Stg-1) w/Harman Motives intake. My X runs real good.I felt an overall improvement throughout the entire RPM band over the Reg Stg-1 map.On the top end is most difference (biggest gain)The AMS is almost identical to my HM intake ,except for the HM keeps the MAF futher away from where the factory BPV connects to the BPV tube.

My X will still leave Blk smoke under boost (WOT) but less than factory tune
have you checked all the numbers to make sure your running safe?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

The Typhoon is out....maps?

Last edited by Sschmuve1; Aug 28, 2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

I want the Harmon Motive map sooo bad!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 01:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EVOxStuntin2008
I want the Harmon Motive map sooo bad!
i can make a harman map if anyone wants it
Old Aug 30, 2009, 08:49 AM

i would like a k&n typhoon map
Old Aug 30, 2009, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HB Speed
i can make a harman map if anyone wants it
I do, but how much is it going to cost me, and how am I going to get it in Hawaii?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
INJEN maps in yet?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 05:51 AM

Bump for a typhoon map...
Old Dec 1, 2009, 09:45 PM

Is it safe to assume most of your intake maps are basically the same for each type (CAI vs. shorty) when computing MAF % changes (assuming the diameter of the tube is the same and the placement of the MAF is similar on different brands)? The reason I ask is I have an AGP CAI and would like to put a map(have AGP U/LICP, CAI, Agency Power catback twin can, Hallman MBC and Synapse BOV) made for the AEM CAI. Would that work? I don't want to run lean and get P01071 (I think that's the right code) after the tune.

Thanks for your hard work on making all these map variations for all kinds of brands of aftermarket products...must be mind numbing computing all these permutations of product combinations.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_xtatic
Is it safe to assume most of your intake maps are basically the same for each type (CAI vs. shorty) when computing MAF % changes (assuming the diameter of the tube is the same and the placement of the MAF is similar on different brands)? The reason I ask is I have an AGP CAI and would like to put a map(have AGP U/LICP, CAI, Agency Power catback twin can, Hallman MBC and Synapse BOV) made for the AEM CAI. Would that work? I don't want to run lean and get P01071 (I think that's the right code) after the tune.

Thanks for your hard work on making all these map variations for all kinds of brands of aftermarket products...must be mind numbing computing all these permutations of product combinations.
I can tell you from experimenting with different intake maps from their off the shelf maps, that they are not the same. I run a k&n filter on the stock mas housing, with a silicone intake tube. The closest stock map would be an injen or Cobb SF. The Cobb SF was all over the place for afr's, the AMS map was pig rich. If you look at the mas calibration table you can see why.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 09:52 PM

I'll try the Injen as it seems to be similarly made (lower than normal MAF placement and cone filter is in fenderwell...will have to keep an eye on my afr's too.

Another variable is the MBC. Most every modded evo x is going to have one on there. Question is , is it going to be equivalent to the "boost pill mod" which I assume is just removing one of the three pills. In the MBC scenario, all three of my stock tubes are not used (both lines from both boost solenoids are T'd off...but both solenoids are still plugged in so I don't throw any codes). I'm running relatively stock boost pressures (~22psi) at 5 turns out of 13 on my Hallman MBC.

Thanks for the reply kozmic!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

There's no reason to go with a MBC on the Evo X. ECU controlled boost will give you excellent results, and if you feel the need to spend some $ on new hardware, get a 3 port solenoid and tune.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evo_xtatic
I'll try the Injen as it seems to be similarly made (lower than normal MAF placement and cone filter is in fenderwell...will have to keep an eye on my afr's too.

Another variable is the MBC. Most every modded evo x is going to have one on there. Question is , is it going to be equivalent to the "boost pill mod" which I assume is just removing one of the three pills. In the MBC scenario, all three of my stock tubes are not used (both lines from both boost solenoids are T'd off...but both solenoids are still plugged in so I don't throw any codes). I'm running relatively stock boost pressures (~22psi) at 5 turns out of 13 on my Hallman MBC.

Thanks for the reply kozmic!
We do not recommend an MBC for use with our maps. Boost control on the EVOX is very dynamic and introducing an MBC into this system can cause issues with a tune that is not optimized for an altered boost control system. Our maps are designed for the stock boost control system. With the new maps featuring the airflow/torque limits defeated you can get away with running an MBC, but we don't recommend it without additional tuning.

Travis
COBB Tuning

Quick Reply: Poll: What intake maps for your AccessPORT? AEM avab now!