Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

HKS F-Con V Pro just put on my Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole post caught me as strange, heres my thought process:

1. MrBos is a new member on evolutionm.net and has all of this work done to his car.
2. MrBos location is local to me and Ive never heard or seen anything about this car.

Now lets check out the evoxclub.com that is so prevalently displayed in the pictures.

1. Evoxclub has 18 members in the entire forum.
2. Its really strange that the only pictures in the album on evoxclub that actually have the evoxclub logo on them are the ones you posted on this site.
3. PTP is listed as the only sponsor of evoxclub.
4. There is no MrBos on evoxclub.com but there is a Bos. http://evoxclub.com/member.php?u=4
User location is Tempe, AZ for Bos there.

Looks to me like PTP owns evoxclub.com and you are trying to divert some traffic that way.

This is proven by a quick whois:

Registrant:
Youssef Dandachli

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: PROJECTPTP.COM

Domain servers in listed order:
NS05.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS06.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registrant:
Youssef Dandachli

Domain Name: EVOXCLUB.COM

NS1.THEPLANET.COM
NS2.THEPLANET.COM

The registrant Youssef Dandachli of PTP is also the registrant of evoxclub.com.

Ok now I have to get back to real work....

Last edited by wickedchimp; Feb 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea.. i was kinda thinking to same thing.. but you took it to a whole new level lol.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by wickedchimp
This whole post caught me as strange, heres my thought process:

1. MrBos is a new member on evolutionm.net and has all of this work done to his car.
2. MrBos location is local to me and Ive never heard or seen anything about this car.

Now lets check out the evoxclub.com that is so prevalently displayed in the pictures.

2. Its really strange that the only pictures in the album on evoxclub that actually have the evoxclub logo on them are the ones you posted on this site.
3. PTP is listed as the only sponsor of evoxclub.
4. There is no MrBos on evoxclub.com but there is a Bos. http://evoxclub.com/member.php?u=4
User location is Tempe, AZ for Bos there.

Looks to me like PTP owns evoxclub.com and you are trying to divert some traffic that way.

Registrant:
Youssef Dandachli

Domain Name: PROJECTPTP.COM

NS05.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS06.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registrant:
Youssef Dandachli

Domain Name: EVOXCLUB.COM

NS1.THEPLANET.COM
NS2.THEPLANET.COM

The registrant Youssef Dandachli of PTP is also the registrant of evoxclub.com.

Ok now I have to get back to real work....

I work at the shop that did the work on Jon Bos's evo and Jon just moved to arizona 2 weeks ago. He asked Patrick, one of the employee's here at the shop to make the post for him so he didn't look like an idiot since he doesn't know as much about cars in general.

Youssef Dandachli runs our website for us.

I will have Patrick the employee here remove the pictures with the watermark on them I'm sure he didn't even notice the watermarks. I will also have Jon the owner of the evo post up from Arizona and let you know the story.

Sorry again, I will make sure the owner post's from AZ ip address from now on.

Jon
PTP
Old Feb 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonptp
I work at the shop that did the work on Jon Bos's evo and Jon just moved to arizona 2 weeks ago. He asked Patrick, one of the employee's here at the shop to make the post for him so he didn't look like an idiot since he doesn't know as much about cars in general.

Youssef Dandachli runs our website for us.

I will have Patrick the employee here remove the pictures with the watermark on them I'm sure he didn't even notice the watermarks. I will also have Jon the owner of the evo post up from Arizona and let you know the story.

Sorry again, I will make sure the owner post's from AZ ip address from now on.

Jon
PTP
Until he does, I'm zapping the pics. Please keep shop info out as well. Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Noize
Until he does, I'm zapping the pics. Please keep shop info out as well. Thanks.
thank you and no problem

Jon
Old Feb 3, 2009, 02:29 PM
bos

lame

Im the real Jon and i asked the guys at pro tech to post for me. I got all my work done at Pro Tech Performance. Im super pleased with all the work that has been done there.

1) I also did not know that background checks were required for each member of this club...
2) I am part of the evoxclub.com and we are not trying to divert people away from this club. we are merely trying to get our club under way. people can stay in this forum all they want, we would just like more people to join our club. that is all. thanks wickedchimp for being such a great private detective...
Old Feb 3, 2009, 03:52 PM

lol some people just got to much time to waste

Anyways new pictures are posted, also posted a dyno graph for those asking about the graph and power output.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wickedchimp
this whole post caught me as strange, heres my thought process:

1. Mrbos is a new member on evolutionm.net and has all of this work done to his car.
2. Mrbos location is local to me and ive never heard or seen anything about this car.

3. Ptp is listed as the only sponsor of evoxclub.
4. There is no mrbos on evoxclub.com but there is a bos. http://evoxclub.com/member.php?u=4
user location is tempe, az for bos there.

Looks to me like ptp owns evoxclub.com and you are trying to divert some traffic that way.

Registrant:
Youssef dandachli

registered through: Godaddy.com, inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
domain name: Projectptp.com

domain servers in listed order:
Ns05.domaincontrol.com
ns06.domaincontrol.com

Registrant:
Youssef dandachli

registered through: Godaddy.com, inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
domain name: Evoxclub.com

domain servers in listed order:
Ns1.theplanet.com
ns2.theplanet.com

The registrant youssef dandachli of ptp is also the registrant of evoxclub.com.

Ok now i have to get back to real work....
stalker mode activated......
Begin sequence
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bos
Im the real Jon and i asked the guys at pro tech to post for me. I got all my work done at Pro Tech Performance. Im super pleased with all the work that has been done there.

1) I also did not know that background checks were required for each member of this club...
2) I am part of the evoxclub.com and we are not trying to divert people away from this club. we are merely trying to get our club under way. people can stay in this forum all they want, we would just like more people to join our club. that is all. thanks wickedchimp for being such a great private detective...

Originally Posted by MrBos
lol some people just got to much time to waste
Anyways new pictures are posted, also posted a dyno graph for those asking about the graph and power output.
Your sarcasm is obviously defensive in nature. Why have someone post for you if you are clearly able to post for yourself? Its pretty clear what you guys were trying to do. Total time spent figuring out this fail-a-thon was about 3 minutes. Don't flatter yourself by thinking I spent any more time than that. Thanks for posting the new pictures and the dyno graph, now the thread has something else besides a poor attempt to advertise without a vendor account. Good luck with your club. Thanks noize for taking out the trash.

Originally Posted by melnor
stalker mode activated......
Begin sequence
Thanks for your contribution to this thread melnor.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:41 PM
bos

lame

sick burn man...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 06:43 PM

Is rain water not a concern in locating your V-Pro there? I don't think that decorative "HKS F-Con V-Pro" panel is watertight...

Here's a picture of showing how exposed the circuitry / board is with the panel removed on my race car:

I have seen over 20 installations and this is the first I've seen located in the engine bay...

J
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by jona31
Is rain water not a concern in locating your V-Pro there? I don't think that decorative "HKS F-Con V-Pro" panel is watertight...

Here's a picture of showing how exposed the circuitry / board is with the panel removed on my race car:

I have seen over 20 installations and this is the first I've seen located in the engine bay...

J
Hi, I'm the fabricator at the shop that did the work on this car. While the engine bay is not the most desirable place to mount the F-Con, it will be fine. It's not in direct heat and there is no direct way for water to get on the actual box. Unless he power washes his engine bay or drives through a flooded road way then his F-Con is safe.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 02:32 PM
Former Sponsor

We are a FCon Pro Tuner and would never install these in the engine bay. All of ours are done under the dash. The harness is long enough to where you can relocate it on the otherside of the firewall under the dash somewhere. There is too much risk of a freak accident. There is always that possibility water can get in there, even if there is no direct way. That would be a very expensive mistake.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bracket
Hi, I'm the fabricator at the shop that did the work on this car. While the engine bay is not the most desirable place to mount the F-Con, it will be fine. It's not in direct heat and there is no direct way for water to get on the actual box. Unless he power washes his engine bay or drives through a flooded road way then his F-Con is safe.
Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
We are a FCon Pro Tuner and would never install these in the engine bay. All of ours are done under the dash. The harness is long enough to where you can relocate it on the otherside of the firewall under the dash somewhere. There is too much risk of a freak accident. There is always that possibility water can get in there, even if there is no direct way. That would be a very expensive mistake.
OWNED
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:30 AM

Being an HKS pro dealer you should be aware that they do not make a plug and play harness for this car, and you should also know the universal harness is not long enough to reach into the car without extending it. We were not 100% sure the f-con would work on an evo 10 so we didn't want to spend hours extending the harness just to have it not work. We also had only 2 days to wire it up and get it tuned before our customer was leaving to go out of town.

when the v-pro fails because of water damage, you guys can say i told you so

Jon
PTP

Last edited by Jonptp; Feb 16, 2009 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: HKS F-Con V Pro just put on my Evo X