Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

HKS F-Con V Pro just put on my Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thememphisforce
owned
oh damn son, good call bro!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jonptp
Being an HKS pro dealer you should be aware that they do not make a plug and play harness for this car, and you should also know the universal harness is not long enough to reach into the car without extending it. We were not 100% sure the f-con would work on an evo 10 so we didn't want to spend hours extending the harness just to have it not work. We also had only 2 days to wire it up and get it tuned before our customer was leaving to go out of town.

when the v-pro fails because of water damage, you guys can say i told you so

Jon
PTP

Ok.

I would rather be on the "I told you so side" then the, "water won't get in the engine bay" side.

Clean install, just I agree with the others that it was done in the wrong spot.

Scorke
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Being an HKS pro dealer you should be aware that they do not make a plug and play harness for this car, and you should also know the universal harness is not long enough to reach into the car without extending it. We were not 100% sure the f-con would work on an evo 10 so we didn't want to spend hours extending the harness just to have it not work. We also had only 2 days to wire it up and get it tuned before our customer was leaving to go out of town.

when the v-pro fails because of water damage, you guys can say i told you so

Jon
PTP

So you didnt want to extend the harness becuase you were unsure that it would work, but you are ok mounting it in a location that can damage the FCon? I believe the customer would be fine having a delay in completing the project if he had the security of knowing the job was done professionally and 100% safely. If I was a customer at your shop your last statement would not put my mind to ease. I would much rather hear "There is no possible way the v-pro can fail with it mounted in this location" When doing an install like this for the first time on a certain car wouldn't it be wise to take your time to make sure that you have eliminated every possible opportunity for failure? Just my 2cents
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Ryan, my car is about back together, are you prepared to do an under the dash install in a week or so?

Scorke
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

is there anything else that needs to be done? If all you need is the FCon install or installed/tuned we should be able to do it in that timeframe. PM me details and we will set you up
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
So you didnt want to extend the harness becuase you were unsure that it would work, but you are ok mounting it in a location that can damage the FCon? I believe the customer would be fine having a delay in completing the project if he had the security of knowing the job was done professionally and 100% safely. If I was a customer at your shop your last statement would not put my mind to ease. I would much rather hear "There is no possible way the v-pro can fail with it mounted in this location" When doing an install like this for the first time on a certain car wouldn't it be wise to take your time to make sure that you have eliminated every possible opportunity for failure? Just my 2cents
maybe you should ask my customer about his ability to wait another day, he was quite aware of the effect his time restraints were having on completing his car. he started school in arizona the day after the install was completed, I didn't even have time to finish tuning, I stopped at 25psi because I ran out of time.

Ryan, the only reason I am not saying anything about some of the cars I have fixed from your shop is because I am friends with Sharif.

Jon
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan@Forged
Ryan,

The job was done professionally and safely, nothing is going to happen with the F-Con. The customer was short on time and he was aware of the situation of the f-con. So unless you know Jon Bos yourself, there is no way for you to know if he would have been fine or not. I am not here to bump heads with anyone, especially not with Sharif's shop. Our work is under WARRANTY so if anything happens to the F-Con, the customer is COVERED. You keep bringing up our mounting issue when it is NOT an issue. You don't see us posting in your topics of work you have done, we respect every shop and the ways they do their work so we expect that in return from a reputable shop such as forged.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:24 AM

wow your engine bay looks super clean
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor

maybe you should ask my customer about his ability to wait another day, he was quite aware of the effect his time restraints were having on completing his car. he started school in arizona the day after the install was completed, I didn't even have time to finish tuning, I stopped at 25psi because I ran out of time.

Ryan, the only reason I am not saying anything about some of the cars I have fixed from your shop is because I am friends with Sharif.

Jon
Originally Posted by Joeptp
Ryan,

The job was done professionally and safely, nothing is going to happen with the F-Con. The customer was short on time and he was aware of the situation of the f-con. So unless you know Jon Bos yourself, there is no way for you to know if he would have been fine or not. I am not here to bump heads with anyone, especially not with Sharif's shop. Our work is under WARRANTY so if anything happens to the F-Con, the customer is COVERED. You keep bringing up our mounting issue when it is NOT an issue. You don't see us posting in your topics of work you have done, we respect every shop and the ways they do their work so we expect that in return from a reputable shop such as forged.

Thanks
I am not here to bump heads either and did not mean to degrade your work in any way. I merely meant to express my concern about the mounting location of the Fcon. You are correct in that I do not know the customer and should not make any assumptions. Some of the previous posts led me to believe the location was decided due to a lack of time and was settled on and not a desired location. I am sure the job was done professionally and props for doing the first Fcon on a X I have seen.

Thanks
Ryan
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:41 AM

Thanks for the props Ryan, Jon at HKS was a little surprised we got it working before he sent over the instructions for it.

And next time you have concerns just ask before you bash the install.

Thanks again

Jon
Old Feb 17, 2009, 03:09 PM
bos

hey

hey guys. ive seen some interesting talk of my car and i am here to say that im super pleased with the way it turned out. i live in arizona and just a few days ago it poured for 2 days non stop. my car was completely exposed to the rain throughout both days and nothing happened. it seems as if the Fcon is under enough cover that nothing was damaged. i drove in the rain, raced in the rain, and let my car sit in the rain. nothing has been damaged. so it would appear that the placement of the fcon is quite alright and in a safe place. ya a freak accident might have happened but i put my car to a pretty good test a few days ago. NOTHING HAPPENED... thanks

bos