Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Has anyone on here made their own maps for the AP with ATR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tune

Originally Posted by gullie667
Do you have to have a Dyno to tune your car? If you have data logging couldn't you just run it on the street and tune it?
Yes you can do tuning without the dyno but to get the most power without pushing the car to its limits, you need a dyno. Specially on these cars with Mivec on both the intake and exhaust. I was able to increase my tq from 273 to 295
and hp from 284 to 294. It will be hard to gauge this on the street without seeing a graph of the power band.

I really wanna try AP. - on to their website to read about ATR -
Old Feb 19, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Just go by the column headers the AP/ATR spits out in the .csv files.

It's pretty easy.
I think I got it taken care of. I'm computer illiteretarded so I wasn't sure what the definition file actually was
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

My tuner and I have been using the AP for about two weeks now tweeking my car. We dyno'd last weekend at 498whp on 93oct (thats with a 35r upgrade, not stock turbo). Problem I'm running into is that while I'm making superb power I'm running into limp mode issues after almost every pull. What a pain in the backside.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Is this on the atr software?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gump
My tuner and I have been using the AP for about two weeks now tweeking my car. We dyno'd last weekend at 498whp on 93oct (thats with a 35r upgrade, not stock turbo). Problem I'm running into is that while I'm making superb power I'm running into limp mode issues after almost every pull. What a pain in the backside.
Have your tuner get in contact with our tuners. Together I'm sure they can get your tune worked out.

Thanks,
Old Feb 20, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

For awddyno the answer is it sure is. The program is actually fairly easy to use and understand the only real bugger is the time to flash from the ap to the ecu, but other than that access tuner race is a breez.

Thanks Rob, I'll have my guy try and get a hold of you tomorrow and if you take saturday off like most normal folks I'll have him call Monday.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gump
For awddyno the answer is it sure is. The program is actually fairly easy to use and understand the only real bugger is the time to flash from the ap to the ecu, but other than that access tuner race is a breez.

Thanks Rob, I'll have my guy try and get a hold of you tomorrow and if you take saturday off like most normal folks I'll have him call Monday.
NP. I won't be around tomorrow. Either way, we most likely need to get you in touch with Tim B. He is who has done 95% of the Evo X tuning. I know what the table do, but he will know where you need to be in the tables.

Thanks,
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Does Tim B have a email or quick contact info?
I'm gonna try this over the weekend and hopefully goes smooth. Otherwise I will need to contact him. Cobb site says all questions will be directed to the forum instead of answering phone calls.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by awddyno
Does Tim B have a email or quick contact info?
I'm gonna try this over the weekend and hopefully goes smooth. Otherwise I will need to contact him. Cobb site says all questions will be directed to the forum instead of answering phone calls.
Have you tried adjusting the airflow tables in the cells that trigger the limp mode?

What codes are you getting?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gullie667
Do you have to have a Dyno to tune your car? If you have data logging couldn't you just run it on the street and tune it?
You need the dyno to hold a steady load point in order to calibrate the engine properly.

I should have mentioned...You try to hold your foot on the throttle in just the right spot to hold the 300 load point across the rpm band on a car that makes 500+whp lol

Last edited by casper980; Feb 20, 2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Tune

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Have you tried adjusting the airflow tables in the cells that trigger the limp mode?

What codes are you getting?
I'm just about to try it this weekend. I have yet to see the software for the X. I wanna see if there's an advantage of doing Cobb vs open source. I like the features it has. I just wanna justify the cost.

Last edited by awddyno; Feb 20, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awddyno
I'm just about to try it this weekend. I have yet to see the software for the X. I wanna see if there's an advantage of doing Cobb vs open source. I like the features it has. I just wanna justify the cost.
I think the software is comparable in its operation, except that there will be live tracing and live tuning with the AP. Everything else is the same basically. I am very familiar with Ecuflash and here is why I am glad I chose AP for my car.

1. I opened the box and loaded one of the several maps that came with the software. The car went from blah to Weeeeeeeeeee 5 minutes from opening the box. I didn't have to wait until I tuned my car to have a little fun. And when I mean a little fun...the car is pretty damn fast now with a shelf tune.

2. I don't have to have my laptop with me to datalog. If I am out on a nice stretch of road or I'm going to hit the drag strip on my way home from work, I just plug in the AP and do my logging. I can transfer them to my PC when I get home. No more sitting there with the laptop in the passenger seat trying to hit the damn logger while I'm trying to stage.

3. If I have a pump gas map and a race gas map...again, no reason to have my laptop with me. I can carry several maps in the AP and just plug in and make the switch.

4. I can set the AP to live monitoring and stick the handheld up on my gauge cluster and watch knock counts as I drive around. No laptop...I just set it between my tach and speedo and watch for entertainment.

5. Live tuning, Live tracing.

6. When I have a question, I don't have to make a post on this forum asking about it. You don't know who is on the other end of the screen here. Most of the time it is just a guy repeating some other bull**** they read somewhere else. When I have a question I call or email Cobb and I get help NOW.

The software has the same capability. You have all the same maps to alter within the ECU.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

I spent a few minutes and installed it and played around with data logging. Got live trace to work. View the logs etc. I'm very excited to get on the dyno tomorrow and see what I can with this software. I think it'll be a fun and informative day for me.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

ATR tuners, why does this software keep crashing? It keeps giving me a run time error and what a crappy way of data logging. That sample rate is just plain stupid.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

How did you get the live tracing working? I was only able to get it to track RPM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone on here made their own maps for the AP with ATR?