Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

P1241 Torque Limit Exceeded (COBB AP)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
P1241 Torque Limit Exceeded (COBB AP)

Once in a while I get this code, stating that I have exceeded the torque limit tables preset. I searched and looked for an answer on how to fix this issue. Currently running a COBB Stg.1 + SF Intake 93 Octane map.

Does anyone have a ideas how to adjust the map to set the torque limits higher in the COBB AP user menu's. I am not familiar with the COBB Race Software. I tune my other car using the Haltech Software, but the interfaces are a bit different.

So what I am basically asking if you adjust the torque tables will the code disappear as well. It throws it everyonce in a while, it just gets annoying on the highway.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had this same issue but continually went into limp mode when I threw it. I would check for some boost leak with your hard pipe because the air flow sensor might be seeing a discrepancy in the readings. I am sorry, but I can't help you as far as the software/tuning is concerned.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:20 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
I had this same issue but continually went into limp mode when I threw it. I would check for some boost leak with your hard pipe because the air flow sensor might be seeing a discrepancy in the readings. I am sorry, but I can't help you as far as the software/tuning is concerned.
Yeah I will double check. I might switch maps and see if it helps. I think the SF intake map is what is throwing it off.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I responded to your thread over on our forums. Check that your MAF sensor is clean and functioning properly. Also, when you say you are running the Stage 1 map, is that a stage 1 map for the SF intake or are you just running the stage 1 map for the stock intake, that could be part of the issue. Your post is a little unclear.

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Can someone explain how to adjust the torque limit table via Cobb Race Software? is it simply by raising the table values and increase the graph?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:09 PM
Account Disabled

I was using the Stage 2 Torque Limit tables in the stage 1 tune. But, my probably came from the FORGE RS BOV.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Im already using the Stage 2 torque table for my custome tune, so to increase the values does it give me higher torque limit?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:54 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LVSBB6
Im already using the Stage 2 torque table for my custome tune, so to increase the values does it give me higher torque limit?
Yes it should, but you cannot over do it. Otherwise you will throw other codes beside the p1241.

I generally would up parts of the table like 5 points and test that. If you obb the stg 2 to stg 1 table, you will see what valves they changed for which table. Then you can adjust accordingly. Also go do some WOT pulls (closed street/course of course) and datalog the loads, rpm, and throttle % among other things. Then you can see what load points you hit where.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

I got P1241 a couple of times when I tried to accelerate hard out of a stop light with traction control on. But when I make sure the traction control is off, I don't have any problems. I'm not talking about the 2-step, just slipping the clutch at a redlight and pulling out hard...
Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
Once in a while I get this code, stating that I have exceeded the torque limit tables preset. I searched and looked for an answer on how to fix this issue. Currently running a COBB Stg.1 + SF Intake 93 Octane map.

Does anyone have a ideas how to adjust the map to set the torque limits higher in the COBB AP user menu's. I am not familiar with the COBB Race Software. I tune my other car using the Haltech Software, but the interfaces are a bit different.

So what I am basically asking if you adjust the torque tables will the code disappear as well. It throws it everyonce in a while, it just gets annoying on the highway.
The cause of your problem is the VTA BOV which you did not mention on here, but you mentioned over on the other forum.

http://www.***************/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17255

If you swap back to the stock BOV, then you will not have a problem.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nj1266
The cause of your problem is the VTA BOV which you did not mention on here, but you mentioned over on the other forum.

I have a custom tune since my original post, and I am testing the Forge RS to see if it is possible to have it work properly, if not then I am going to be using the stock valve.

Right now I am still testing the FORGE RS and I did not throw a code yet with the new setting I tried.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:48 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i have had great results crushing my stocker down and reversing it
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
i have had great results crushing my stocker down and reversing it
Would you mind sharing your results via PM? I've been wanting to look into reversing the stocker to see if it holds boost better.

Last edited by stokEd; Jul 29, 2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266

Doubt it. VTA blow off valve works just fine on the X with it's MAF sensor and MAP sensor.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottSpeed21
Doubt it. VTA blow off valve works just fine on the X with it's MAF sensor and MAP sensor.
You are wrong. Once you get tuned, it will start happening more often. 9 out of 10 Evo Xs get CELs when the bloody VTA BOV is installed.

There is absolutely no Performance reason to put a VTA BOV on a stock turbo Evo X. NONE. I challlange you to find a single reason. It is pure RICE to put the POS BOV on an Evo.

Last edited by nj1266; Jul 29, 2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: P1241 Torque Limit Exceeded (COBB AP)