Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

EvoScan, Innovate LM2, and tuning the Evo X!! few questions help pls :)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoScan, Innovate LM2, and tuning the Evo X!! few questions help pls :)

Hey guys..

I have a 2008 jdm evo x RS.. i have bought the evoscan v2.6 beta 11 program, innovate lm2, and etc..

I tried to do a bit of logging and tuning on my own car (albeit within safe limits) but have a few questions..

1) i log the 'ABSOLUTE LOAD' value in evoscan and it maxes out @ 255.. however i read the sticky at the top of this thread and it states that Evo Xs at WOT should be in the 220% load region? am i logging the wrong parameter?

2) i have the newer LM2.. is it possible to log with the EvoScan v2.6 Beta 11? i tried selecting LM1 as the wideband but nothing shows up..

3) i logged throttle position as well but it is '0' value all the way regardless of my throttle position. is something wrong?

4) there is this parameter 'Barometer' and reads in kPa.. is this my boost level? at idling it shows -40kPa but my DEFI meter shows -60kPa.. what's up with that..

5) last but not least.. i logged the parameter 'Knock Retard' and it shows 255 all the way.. does this mean that no knock is present? if it falls to 254 does that mean 1 degree of knock?

Sorry for the many questions.. just a newbie trying to learn.. have tried the search function but did not find much info..

thanks for all the help in advance.. really appreciate it..

CHEERS!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Hey!

First of all, I think EvoScan is on Beta 16 right now. Make sure you are using the latest. The download link is the same as the one you already downloaded, just change "11" to "16".

The X logging requires Mode23 logging to avoid the 255 caps. Read a bit of the stickied "logging" thread, you'll get the hang of it. Basically, you need to edit ECUFlash so that you can change a few parameters in your ROM, then flash that to the car before you can even properly log. When you're using EvoScan, you'll then use Mode23 RPM, etc instead of the regular parameters.

I'm not sure about the WB, maybe someone else can chime in.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

oh no i lost the link where i downloaded the beta 11 from.. haha..

just did a support ticket at the evoscan site, hopefully i'll hear back soon.. probably can start tuning after i get the mode23 working!

if the wideband will not work with evoscan, any idea how i might be able to incorporate the wbo2 readings into my logs? i think it is pretty essential to know the AFRs at each particular load point, yes?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have programmed EvoScan to use the new LM2 if it doesn't work, let me know on the helpdesk, and I can give you some further instructions.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by evo4mad
I have programmed EvoScan to use the new LM2 if it doesn't work, let me know on the helpdesk, and I can give you some further instructions.
I use evoscan and I lm2, how does it work?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Looking at the new 2.7B4 - the LM2 option doesn't show in the wideband config option, up so there must be a special method of getting it working (per Hamish).

The LM2 doesn't really present it's connection to the laptop as a serial device hence it needs specific support.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:15 AM
Evolving Member

there is a way to monitor LM2 in evoscan. You need to make a connector for RS-232 output on LM2 (is simple, there are 4 pins there: 2 of them are ground, 1 receive, 1 transmit), RS232 cable (cut it and plug one end in LM2) and you will need USB comport adapter. Log in evoscan as LC1 or LM1 (sorry cant remember)
Old Sep 15, 2009, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by YaroRS
there is a way to monitor LM2 in evoscan. You need to make a connector for RS-232 output on LM2 (is simple, there are 4 pins there: 2 of them are ground, 1 receive, 1 transmit), RS232 cable (cut it and plug one end in LM2) and you will need USB comport adapter. Log in evoscan as LC1 or LM1 (sorry cant remember)
ok, I'll do this
Old Jan 8, 2010, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

In order to log LM-2 in Evoscan the only way to log AFR is buy using LC-1 path?
I manage to log some AFR numbers only if I click on LC-1 option in wideband config menu in Evoscan.
If I click on LM-1 there is no way to log AFR in Evoscan.
What I don`t know is if the visible results are right or not.
Seems that there is a difference in LM-2 calibration and LC-1 calibration in Evoscan.
So......after we make the connection between LM-2 and Evoscan by serial port.......what we must do next?
We use LC-1 as a reference or there is another way to do it?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Danieln
In order to log LM-2 in Evoscan the only way to log AFR is buy using LC-1 path?
I manage to log some AFR numbers only if I click on LC-1 option in wideband config menu in Evoscan.
If I click on LM-1 there is no way to log AFR in Evoscan.
What I don`t know is if the visible results are right or not.
Seems that there is a difference in LM-2 calibration and LC-1 calibration in Evoscan.
So......after we make the connection between LM-2 and Evoscan by serial port.......what we must do next?
We use LC-1 as a reference or there is another way to do it?
I run with LM-1, LM-2 can not connect to the port, talked with Hamish commented that he would solve. Makes 3 months not decided yet
Old Jan 9, 2010, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Strange...

I can see some results if I connect via LC-1 in Evoscan 2.6
I want to know also when LM-2 can be log directly via Evoscan 2.6....
If I try to log AFR with LM-2 in Evoscan if I try to use LM-1 path...... I get no result....
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

I think innovate sells a serial cable for LM2 and the Serial to USB.

LM2 Serial ---> Serial to USB (cable) ---> Laptop USB Log via LC1 under Evoscan.

AFR's are AFR's , if you're getting something via LC1 in evoscan then it should be working just like LC1/LM1. Just remember to do a Free Air Calibration (for more accurate results) before connecting anything or plug the WB sensor into exhaust system.

I have a LC1 w/ XD16 installed and it works fine. Planning to get LM2 system to integrate with evoscan or I might try to convert LC1 into portable.

Should be right i guess but we need hamish to chime in here.

Anyone has the latest link to DL latest Evoscan ?

Just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

This is what I do anyway....
The problem is that I do not think that my evoscan log is accurate (RPM vs AFR)
Since the baud rate of LM-2 is different than Evoscan than how we can make this right?
In evoscan you have some formula for External Wideband A/F Ratio?
This is what you log right?
Since there is a formula for LC-1 what formula we must use for LM-2 when we log it via LC-1?
I have "X" value for the formula when I log it...