Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Which WB02?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
I'm still on my first LM-1 in my tt stealth from when they first came out eons ago...can't kill that damn thing heh.
I still have my LM-1 since before I bought an Evo and learned how to tune. I bought it when it came out knowing that I will have to learn how to tune in the future. That LM-1 sits in my car.

I have bought a used LM-1 box from Innovate for $100 and keep that in my tuning case with the wires hoses and pills.

I love the LM-1. not as fast at the LC-1, but has no set-up complications at all. Too bad the LM-2 sucks. all I hear are bad reviews about it.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You cant go wrong with either one. I chose Zeitronix because it offers a great failsafe when paired with meth inj.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:05 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChuckP
You cant go wrong with either one. I chose Zeitronix because it offers a great failsafe when paired with meth inj.
It is more feature rich for the money than any other wideband in the market.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use Motec PLM,Innovate LC-1 and Zeitronix ZT-2.I have done several comparison test by logging them together(same ground point for all of them) and I can say that PLM is by far the most consistant of all 3 with ZT-2 performing well many times and LC-1 creating many problems and false readings.Of course PLM price cannot compare to the others!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Nice selling point but the government holding a contract for Zeitronix doesn't mean anything. I deal in government contracts and they don't always spell out quality...trust me.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Wow! theres a lot more opinion out there then i thought. I personally run the LC-1 and love it. No problems at all and i personally have never had any wiring issues with it or found it to be finaky.

The review on the first page is interesting but it seems that a lot of the article is cut off. The final winner was apparently the Zeitronix but it seemed that they were not just testing the accuracy of the WB02 but the entire unit. A couple of the winning points were that i could log RPM, Boost etc etc. Im pretty sure that is with additional sensors. And what you were originally asking about is accuracy of the Wideband function itself. No need for boost and all that other stuff especially when all of it except for EGT and Boost can be logged in evoscan with out additional sensors. Although i think with the X you may be able to log boost now with out adding a JDM map? Not sure on this one, Im a couple generations behind with an VIII and I had to install a JDM Map sensor. Wich in my mind is best because it replaces the crappy stock one so no cutting or splicing needed (less chance for a boost leak, zip ties suck).

All this being said i think its still a prefeacne but I feel the three most common ones used are the LC-1, Zeitronix and the AEM UEGO.

Price wise i think the LC-1 has the best price at 149 or 199 i think.

Also as someone mention before if your are getting your car proeffesionaly dyno tuned you wont need a WB02, the tuner should have a "sniffer" WB02 on their dyno as well as the capability to log boost.

Good luck on you decision!

If anyone sees anything incorrect that I have said please feel free to correct me.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
but requires wiring and soldering to integrate into evoscan logging
it is only 2 wires and super simple

Originally Posted by ethan169
Although i think with the X you may be able to log boost now with out adding a JDM map? Not sure on this one....
evoscan supports mode23 (3 small changes to your rom) which enables nearly everything to be logged.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by newcomer81
it is only 2 wires and super simple

evoscan supports mode23 (3 small changes to your rom) which enables nearly everything to be logged.
you and I think it's simple but not guys that haven't done any soldering before
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ethan169
Wow! theres a lot more opinion out there then i thought. I personally run the LC-1 and love it. No problems at all and i personally have never had any wiring issues with it or found it to be finaky.

The review on the first page is interesting but it seems that a lot of the article is cut off. The final winner was apparently the Zeitronix but it seemed that they were not just testing the accuracy of the WB02 but the entire unit. A couple of the winning points were that i could log RPM, Boost etc etc. Im pretty sure that is with additional sensors. And what you were originally asking about is accuracy of the Wideband function itself. No need for boost and all that other stuff especially when all of it except for EGT and Boost can be logged in evoscan with out additional sensors. Although i think with the X you may be able to log boost now with out adding a JDM map? Not sure on this one, Im a couple generations behind with an VIII and I had to install a JDM Map sensor. Wich in my mind is best because it replaces the crappy stock one so no cutting or splicing needed (less chance for a boost leak, zip ties suck).

All this being said i think its still a prefeacne but I feel the three most common ones used are the LC-1, Zeitronix and the AEM UEGO.

Price wise i think the LC-1 has the best price at 149 or 199 i think.

Also as someone mention before if your are getting your car proeffesionaly dyno tuned you wont need a WB02, the tuner should have a "sniffer" WB02 on their dyno as well as the capability to log boost.

Good luck on you decision!

If anyone sees anything incorrect that I have said please feel free to correct me.
Can someone confrim whether Evoscan can log boost from the ECU? I don't know what lambda is, and not sure how to use EGT either.

Yes AMS is tuning it, but once tuned, I'll be switching between their E85 map, and a gasoline map via open port. I need an accurate way to switch boost or at least measure it after dialing it in (currently just have a MBC), and thought that the AFR would also be a good confirmation that I'm on the right map . Thanks for your opinions!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit

Can someone confrim whether Evoscan can log boost from the ECU? I don't know what lambda is, and not sure how to use EGT either.

Yes AMS is tuning it, but once tuned, I'll be switching between their E85 map, and a gasoline map via open port. I need an accurate way to switch boost or at least measure it after dialing it in (currently just have a MBC), and thought that the AFR would also be a good confirmation that I'm on the right map . Thanks for your opinions!
Yes Evoscan can log boost using mode23 (requires 3 byte changes to the ROM). Works perfect! I like the LC-1 as it works fine for me and can be had for under $200. It also appears to be built very well as others have stated.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LaXGSR
Yes Evoscan can log boost using mode23 (requires 3 byte changes to the ROM).
Not sure what a byte change is... Is this something an average person can follow instructions to do?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure what a byte change is... Is this something an average person can follow instructions to do?
The modifications needed are explained here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lustrated.html
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
The modifications needed are explained here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lustrated.html

Cool thanks! I haven't looked at Evoscan in depth yet, but will this work with just a laptop and software, or is the touchscreen required for boost monitoring?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Cool thanks! I haven't looked at Evoscan in depth yet, but will this work with just a laptop and software, or is the touchscreen required for boost monitoring?
laptop and software, well and the Open Port 2 cable =)
Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newcomer81
laptop and software, well and the Open Port 2 cable =)

And finally, how is AFR input into the laptop?

Quick Reply: Which WB02?