Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Which WB02?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tractionlimit

And finally, how is AFR input into the laptop?
I personally use an AEM UEGO. it required me to solder 2 wires into a serial port adapter which then plugs into my laptop. So i have 2 connections to log; OP2 cable and my wideband cable. there are several others on this thread that use Innovate & Zeitronix and can chime in on them
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit

And finally, how is AFR input into the laptop?
The AFR sensor is wired to a serial cable (and a serial-USB adapter if necessary) plugged into your laptop. You then calibrate Evoscan by giving it a formula that translates the voltage signal into AFR.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have to agree with TTP here. Zeitronix has totally kicked *** for us. i've been using it in my own car from the porsche i had before my evo. the box worked fine up until i got the 3.5bar map sensor and the box would only read to 29psi. i sent it in, they updated it for free if i remember (maybe it was 50). that was a 7 year old box. i'm still using it in my car without any problems, and even added the ZR2 gauge. i have a second setup with 3 seperate harnesses for the evo 8, 9 and X respectively. i only use 1 box between the three. it has been on and off hundreds of evos and never once had a problem with the zetronix (now my laptop, theres a different story ).

i've installed MANY zeitronix packages, and never once had an issue with it. innovate on the other hand, MOST i've had to deal with have had problems. not staying calibrated, wrong firmware for the laptop, grounds not EXACTLY 6 inches apart etc etc etc. i was about to buy the entire innovate package for my car to do extensive logging but i just had to many problems with just their wideband to consider buying a thousand dollars in DAQ stuff from them.

AEM is a great starter wideband. it does the basics, i.e. display wideband o2. the accuracy is not the greatest from what i've compared it against, but for most users, all they need is a general range of proper operation. knowing the AFR to the tenth isn't necessary. if your doing logging, or need other Features this isn't the one to get.

edit* ZEITRONIX!!!@ PLEASE MAKE ME A LOGGER WITH MORE THEN ONE USER INPUT, AND 5V USER OUTPUT TO POWER THE SENSOR!!! thats my only complaint/request.

Last edited by KevinD; Jul 31, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bbarnhill
It is only if you want to be accurate ... really accurate.

Thanks,

the resolution in open source tuning isn't great enough to make less then a tenth of a difference in AFR anyway, so having AFR read out to the hundreth unnecessary.

besides, if your logging to evoscan anyway, the frequency at which you are logging already is degredated. on the 8/9 its about 10hz, its quite a bit faster on the X, but still not as fast as the zeitronix software.

and also, unless you've measure the latency of the sensor, controller, and logger, its even more degredated.

Last edited by KevinD; Jul 31, 2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 04:08 PM

Aem uego...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:17 PM
Account Disabled

I've been a member of the Innovate forum for years and watched Klaus personally help hundred's of people...I'd never seen another company do that before.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:02 PM
Former Sponsor

most any small manufacturer is going to have customer support. its the big companys that don't care.

for example: buschur, AMS, ETS all make their own parts. i'm sure they get phone calls 24-7 about their products, how to fix issues etc. they also closely monitor these forums and help all the time.

zeitronix is here helping customers (and although i don't know the beef between NJ and Zeitronix), theres always a few that just aren't happy with the product.

other examples are ACT who post here, aquamist, etc...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The zextronix is the best IMO but for half the price the AEM is reliable and will do everything you need it to do. I have never had any problems with them. And adding the serial cable costs $5 and takes about 10 minutes. I always recommend the uego but if you are a data junkie the zextronix is the way to go. I have had personal experiences with innovate and will never own one of their products.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 05:34 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
There is info in this thread, but there was more flaming and junk (which I have removed). I'm closing it, but leaving it here to aid the community at large.

It would be nice if you guys could play nicer.