Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Which WB02?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which WB02?

I'm not a tuner, so this is a bit of a noob question: What do you recommend for a wideband O2 sensor that will be compatible with EvoScan, and other common tools. The car will be tuned at AMS, so something they could just hook up to would be nice. I may also want to add an A/F gauge in the future, so I'm looking for a recommendation there too. Whatever I get, it needs to work well with E85.

Is there a good way to mount an Evoscan touchscreen to just use that in place of boost and AFR, or is that overkill?

Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
AEM UEGO, Innovate, Zeitronix (least accurate).

There is tons of them but those are the most proven.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:12 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Innovate LC-1, very fast and integrates easily into Evoscan
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
AEM UEGO, Innovate, Zeitronix (least accurate).

There is tons of them but those are the most proven.
Zeitronix, least accurate? any data to back up this claim?
Old Jul 30, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Zeitronix logs via Evoscan with one decimal only, whereas the LM-1/LC-1 logs with 4 decimals. That gives you more resolution. I am not claiming that one is more accurate than the other, however.

Attached Thumbnails Which WB02?-decimal_zt2_lm1.gif  
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

It figures this discussion crops up the day after I order my WB. I went with the AEM UEGO analog gauge which I found for $218 shipped.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
I'm not a tuner, so this is a bit of a noob question: What do you recommend for a wideband O2 sensor that will be compatible with EvoScan, and other common tools. The car will be tuned at AMS, so something they could just hook up to would be nice. I may also want to add an A/F gauge in the future, so I'm looking for a recommendation there too. Whatever I get, it needs to work well with E85.

Is there a good way to mount an Evoscan touchscreen to just use that in place of boost and AFR, or is that overkill?

Thanks!
Zeitronix is the most accurate wideband on the market. Comes with proprietary logging software. Integrated into some dynos as on site commercial grade precision measurement instruments.

Zeitronix logs up to 174 samples per second which is the highest sample speed of any wideband we are aware of.

The base model Zeitronix logs RPM, TPS, LAMBDA, AFR AND USER INPUT1 0-5V. It does all of this for $274 from TTP.

It is an advanced modular wideband also which has available options for:

52mm afr gauge display

ZR2 52mm display switchable from AFR to EGT or BOOST

Black or silver LCD screen option that will display 4 parameters on the screen at once all live data with peak hold and recall function.

This LCD display can read EGT, LAMBA, TPS, BOOST or AFR, you can select the 4 things it displays.

Boost sensor 35.5psi and 60.3psi medical grade kavlico precision sensor is optional.

EGT- Low mass, high response EGT probe is a lightning fast responding EGT optional sensor.

ZAVT-1 is another option that you can use to set warning alarms for AFR, BOOST, EGT, RPMS, TPS, AUX 0-5v. So say for example you wanted to have a simple boost warning at 26psi, you enter that data into the unit and it will illuminate and also provide an audible alarm to get your attention that the warning has been met.

You can also set up complex warnings such as IF >3000rpms & TPS>70% & BOOST>18psi & AFR>12.00AFR, then sound alarm. It works great as a methanol injection failsafe which you can use to trigger a relay and boost cut when the alarm comes on.

Superb piece of engineering created by a company that used to work in medical electronics and gauges where precision instrumentation was a matter of life and death.

Its no wonder Pratt and Whitney use the Zeitronix Widebands to test their rocket engines for the military.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Jul 30, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the input. Looks like it might be personal preference between those three.

1) Do any WB02s double as a EGT sensor, or do I need a seperate bung installed for that? Come to think of it, not sure if I really need to know EGT. How would an EGT reading be used?

2) I don't like the look of a lot of gauges in the car, so a switchable gauge would be ideal. That's why I was considering just using an Evoscan as the gauge. Maybe the ZR2 display would be a good option for this, as I need a new boost gauge too.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:48 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
Thanks for the input. Looks like it might be personal preference between those three.

1) Do any WB02s double as a EGT sensor, or do I need a seperate bung installed for that? Come to think of it, not sure if I really need to know EGT. How would an EGT reading be used?

2) I don't like the look of a lot of gauges in the car, so a switchable gauge would be ideal. That's why I was considering just using an Evoscan as the gauge. Maybe the ZR2 display would be a good option for this, as I need a new boost gauge too.
Absolutely not. A wideband sensor has one purpose only. The zeitronix however has a built in connection for EGT which is optional HERE

The ZR2 gauge is what you are looking for then.

The ZR2 gauge is available HERE
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
if AMS are going to tune the car then you DONT need a wideband.

that being said:

LC1 is the most accurate (there was an accuracy test done a while ago) - however they are all basically the same (within 0.1 AFR)

LC1 has some wiring issues which can make it "finicky"

LC1 has to be recalibrated often (to maintain its accuracy)

ZT2 supposedly doesn't have wiring dramas, or require calibration.

I have a LC1, If I was doing it again I would possibly go with a ZT2
Old Jul 30, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

AEM UEGO - no need to calibrate or any special wiring, cheap, effective, accurate.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Clark_Kent
AEM UEGO - no need to calibrate or any special wiring, cheap, effective, accurate.
but requires wiring and soldering to integrate into evoscan logging
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tephra
if AMS are going to tune the car then you DONT need a wideband.

that being said:

LC1 is the most accurate (there was an accuracy test done a while ago) - however they are all basically the same (within 0.1 AFR)

LC1 has some wiring issues which can make it "finicky"

LC1 has to be recalibrated often (to maintain its accuracy)

ZT2 supposedly doesn't have wiring dramas, or require calibration.

I have a LC1, If I was doing it again I would possibly go with a ZT2
Not sure what test you read about but Zeitronix was more accurate is this NON-BIAS test here.

The test that Innovate likes to email to potential customers was conducted by THEM and Mike Kojima using Innovates flawed and biased testing methods.

Here is an unbiased test:

Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

Zeitronix is made in the USA, is the highest quality available and is used by the US Government's rocket engine test facility (8 per rocket engine).

The Zeitronix is a feature rich wideband with tons of options. Even with the base model, out of the box you can log AFR, LAMBDA, RPM, TPS and 0-5v input. Simulated narrowband output, Linear wideband output, boost sensor, egt options. Programmable alarm and safeguard options, peak/hold displays and LED gauge options.

You can't beat them.

Here is a snapshot of the INCLUDED proprietary datalogging software;

If you are interested in picking one up, we are the USA's master distributor and can take care of you. Send us a PM to TTP Engineering, of contact us at 407-475-0010.

Thanks
TTP
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:56 PM
Account Disabled

I'm still on my first LM-1 in my tt stealth from when they first came out eons ago...can't kill that damn thing heh.

Quick Reply: Which WB02?