Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

MAF Scaling Table in grams/second

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:14 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nj1266
What about the difference in addresses between what xPRimNT provided and what Tephra provided? Which ones do we use?
Okay, to put it into simpler words, they are basically the same thing. The only difference is that it is split into different elements. The scaling is actually one long map but it was split into 3 sections because it was so long and some video cards had problems displaying the entire map. Some people split the map into 40-40-50 elements, some did 50-40-40 and so on, that is why the first address is all the same but the others are different.

You can use the one xPRimNT posted and it will be 40-40-50, just be sure to use his evo10base lines too or else it'll be all screwed up
Old Aug 10, 2009, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
as I have said 3 times now - you will need to look at the number of elements in the xml and work out which one is correct... AFAIK what I posted is right (as long as your using the evo10base.xml segment i posted too)
Sorry to frustrate you my friend, but I do not understand what you are seeing. All I know how to do here is copy the correct code that someone has posted and post it in the appropriate xml file. The term "element" is alien to me
Old Aug 11, 2009, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

The number of elements is the number of items in a chart. SiC explained it very well. The tables tephra posted and the tables I posted have the same total elements (or items). The only difference is that in order to display them on the screen easier, the MAF Scaling table is split into three, and the location of the split is different. The ECU doesn't care where ECUFlash has the split, it just sees the final values.

40-40-50 in my case is the same 130 values as the 44-44-42 tephra has. I got mine from gunzo, so I don't claim to be an expert by any means, but either will work. If you just want the values to be different and still use tephra's addresses, I would imagine you could just compare the calculations and adjust the formulas.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah it doesn't matter, just ENSURE the addresses match the elements...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
yeah it doesn't matter, just ENSURE the addresses match the elements...
Changing either one changes the other. That was the only way I could think to test it.

I was hoping that my addresses were wrong, because I thought that was the answer to a problem I had been having previously. However, they are changing the same values, so that theory was out.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

When I put this code in my xml and open a rom file, I have MAF Compensation table as editable and MAF Compensation 2 and 3 greyed out. They only get unlocked if I change user level to developer, and even then they are marked with blue color. How can I fix this?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:22 AM
AIK
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mojito
When I put this code in my xml and open a rom file, I have MAF Compensation table as editable and MAF Compensation 2 and 3 greyed out. They only get unlocked if I change user level to developer, and even then they are marked with blue color. How can I fix this?
U need to delete line level="1" from #2 and #3 tables in the evo10base xml
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AIK
U need to delete line level="1" from #2 and #3 tables in the evo10base xml
Yep. Sorry, I forgot to remove those in the lines I pasted into the thread.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, thanks. Now we need to collect the correcting factors for all types of intakes. Can someone post the values for AEM intake?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:25 AM
AIK
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mojito
Can someone post the values for AEM intake?
And for INJEN intake please if possible ))
Old Oct 11, 2009, 01:33 PM
AIK
Evolving Member

Friends, what do you think about my assumption that the correction factor of MAF scaling is constant and equal to the relation of the areas of section stock and a tuning intake in the maf-sensor place location.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 05:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I tried to put these files in my XML files but no new tables come up. I am trying to open my STOCK OEM 80020 file I downloaded from the ECU.

I put this file into my 52680020.xml

Add to 5268xxx.xml

<table name="MAF Scaling Part 1" address="5753a">
<table name="Volts" address="615ea"/>
</table>

<table name="MAF Scaling Part 2" address="57592">
<table name="Volts" address="61642"/>
</table>

<table name="MAF Scaling Part 3" address="575ea">
<table name="Volts" address="6169a"/>
</table>

and I put this file in my evo10base.xml

<scaling name="MAFVoltScaling" units="units" toexpr="x*5/1024" frexpr="x*1024/5" format="%.3f" min="0" max="5" inc="1" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>

<table name="MAF Compensation" category="Fuel" type="2D" scaling="AirFlow16">
<table name="X" type="X Axis" elements="40" scaling="MAFVoltScaling"/>
</table>

<table name="MAF Compensation #2" category="Fuel" type="2D" level="1" scaling="AirFlow16">
<table name="X" type="X Axis" elements="40" scaling="MAFVoltScaling"/>
</table>

<table name="MAF Compensation #3" category="Fuel" type="2D" level="1" scaling="AirFlow16">
<table name="X" type="X Axis" elements="50" scaling="MAFVoltScaling"/>
</table>

But no go... am I doing something wrong... grrr
Old Dec 27, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

i added the same patches to base and rom file and nothing changed in ecuflash.... is there a particular spot the patches need to be placed. i placed them at the end of the fuel contol lines...?
Old Dec 27, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

ok i have a comment/question. why do people change the MAF scaling? are you guys seeing abnormal LTFT or STFT and you want to fix them way? cuz i adjust my LTFT and STFT with my latency scaling and injector scaling when i put in my DW 1000cc's and they're fine.

my understanding of the MAF is that its just a sensor... so even by replacing the intake system you're still going to use the stock MAF housing on most intakes (to my knowledge) so by getting an intake system you're just creating a better flow of CFM, correct? but that same CFM is still going to go through the same MAF as before, granted better flowing but the difference should be minute shouldn't it? and it's a sensor that should self correct itself i thought. Maybe i'm wrong.

and how does getting a different intake affect timing? or does it not? cuz i don't see how it could.

Last edited by criptballer; Dec 27, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Criptballer:

When you modify anything upstream or down stream from maf sensor it throws of maf reading. Air mass will now flow differently through maf sensor housing which will either favor more or less air flow, and in the case of the evo X..... most aftermarket intake systems i have seen actually have a whole new maf housing which is most likey larger which will read alot different than stock unit which is calibrated from factory to read with given diameter of housing. So larger housing would have a maf sensor capture less of whats actually going into engine, which would give you a leaner condition which the o2 sensor would pick up in closed loop and add fuel to compensate. make sense?

Quick Reply: MAF Scaling Table in grams/second