Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

air/fuel ratio on initial boost?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK cool. So Buschar dyno'd this car on this map. You just had trouble with flashing it in is what I am understanding. OK cool. I am not there but just looking at this map and having tuned this exact Rom today as a COBB PROTUNE. I know you could be more aggressive on your timing I am not there so I am reluctant to include that in a tune so that I can watch it. One thing is no one has touched your Maff scaling at all. This is probably what is leading to that severe lean spool up you have going. I adjusted in mildly this should make you richer across the board. Like I said this is just a good guess. It is safer than what you are running.

Cheers C
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:21 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LIGHTSPD
Maybe you should send me your Buschar tune as well.
Classy

- Bryan

Last edited by GST Motorsports; Sep 8, 2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Sorry my email didn't let me know I had all these replies:

Ray - your ROM already has Mode23 enabled!

So you can just crank up evoscan and choose the right model of X and your GOOD-TO-GO!

let me know if you have any other problems
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:34 PM

Ok here ya go without looking at logs. I richened up your MAF. I left your timing the way it is in the map. I personally believe you can add 1 maybe 2 degrees to this. Once again watch your knock counts. Also I have enabled Mode 23 for logging. I also added the airflow mods but you shouldn't need it. Just makes a problem go away that might rise up. I took some out of the MiVec based upon many hours of dyno time. Each has their own way of tuning MiVEC I have seen in various cars that too much initial on spoolup will actually work against you as well. Too much at the end can drop the 5500 to 7000. Get your logs working and I will help you out. Here is a file use with caution.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
If DB tuned the car then personally I would NOT load up any random ROM onto it...

If you think the car has a problem either:
a) do lots of reading/logging/question asking to find out more
b) go back to your tuner and ask them about it
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Classy

- Bryan
That wasn't nice when someone has a dyno tuned file and someone else has made mods to it. Don't you think it is in their best intrest to have the tuned pieces actually included in the file. When I saw the car had an intake and looked in the file and saw no MAF mods or as some do but I don't agree injector scaling I wanted the pieces to best help someone out. You and I both know that the MAF calibration plays apart in timing and AFR. Bryan you seem like the kind of guy that helps people out do you not think that is the best approach. As you and I both know the only true way to tune a car is on the dyno with many logs. If you think that either Buschar, AMS or insert name here is the only one who tunes EVO's and I need their file for what ever reason than the one stated above please voice that now. I have my own bases and always start with what I know to be true.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:46 PM
Account Disabled

That wasn't nice when someone has a dyno tuned file and someone else has made mods to it. Don't you think it is in their best intrest to have the tuned pieces actually included in the file. When I saw the car had an intake and looked in the file and saw no MAF mods or as some do but I don't agree injector scaling I wanted the pieces to best help someone out. You and I both know that the MAF calibration plays apart in timing and AFR. Bryan you seem like the kind of guy that helps people out do you not think that is the best approach. As you and I both know the only true way to tune a car is on the dyno with many logs. If you think that either Buschar, AMS or insert name here is the only one who tunes EVO's and I need their file for what ever reason than the one stated above please voice that now. I have my own bases and always start with what I know to be true.
My apologies, this board has made me a bit twitchy in the last couple months. Maybe I need to log off for a few.

Old Sep 8, 2009, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
My apologies, this board has made me a bit twitchy in the last couple months. Maybe I need to log off for a few.

I understand about being twitchy I was deep at one time into reverse engineering Secure Access Systems but I saw all my hard work go into just making greedy marketers abunch of money. I am a commercial tuner I do this everyday 8 hours 5 days a week. Matter of fact as of this summer I have logged 10,000 hours of dyno time on both my dyno's. I absolutely hate mail order tunes because I do not feel they do the car owner justice but see so many of them and I just cringe at the logged data. I have avoided opensource for just this reason. However I picked up some help here on a problem and wanted to help back. I will be actively working towards helping the cause with the disassembly of roms. I do understand twitchy as soon as freeware comes out every wanna be tuner who has their hand out is offering tunes. Apologies accepted and all is forgotten. I actually tried phoning you the other day but got so busy before you opened that I quit.

Cheers Cam
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:00 AM

Hmm it didn't post my attachment Ray. Here ya go.

http://www.lightspeedinnovations.com...20-LSIMOD2.hex
Old Sep 9, 2009, 08:06 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the help! I appreciate it. I will start logging it and see how it works. My car is a DD only so anything safer is always good Blown engine=bad! lol. My car drives great and makes nice power, i just saw the lean spot and got worried! I am not sure about the maf scaling and what it does. I am taking the car back to Buschur to dyno and have him log it on a dyno pull in a few weeks just to be safe. I remember last time he didnt see any lean spots on a dyno pull after the tune was finished, but it may be just different on the street! Lets see what kind of logs i get. Again thank you for your help! And Tephra also you guys are awesome!!!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Ok here ya go without looking at logs. I richened up your MAF. I left your timing the way it is in the map. I personally believe you can add 1 maybe 2 degrees to this. Once again watch your knock counts. Also I have enabled Mode 23 for logging. I also added the airflow mods but you shouldn't need it. Just makes a problem go away that might rise up. I took some out of the MiVec based upon many hours of dyno time. Each has their own way of tuning MiVEC I have seen in various cars that too much initial on spoolup will actually work against you as well. Too much at the end can drop the 5500 to 7000. Get your logs working and I will help you out. Here is a file use with caution.
Thought you said you enabled mode 23 for ray? hex value are 23 then 1 and 6210? thought it was 23 23 52??? Am I wrong? Im not running your map just looking at it. Got to learn some how lol.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by tephra
If DB tuned the car then personally I would NOT load up any random ROM onto it...

If you think the car has a problem either:
a) do lots of reading/logging/question asking to find out more
b) go back to your tuner and ask them about it
The actual rom was bad, and causing major SST issues, and service required lights. The car was barely drivable. We found a good working rom, and copied all the maps over to it. Flashed it in, and all SST issues were gone. The tune is still there, just another copy of the same rom. There must have been some corrupted data in the old rom somewhere. It was very scary! It took 10 days to figure out the problem. The dealer could not figure it out either. DB's dyno tune is still there just copied from the bad rom.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

^ It'd be very rare to get corrupted data from such a small hex file such as the ECU ROM. Even how many times you zip and unzip it, email it around etc... but it is possible (perhaps even close to impossible, assuming there is no hardware defect on the media where it is copied/stored).

Last edited by tipoytm; Sep 9, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by tipoytm
^ It'd be very rare to get corrupted data from such a small hex file such as the ECU ROM. Even how many times you zip and unzip it, email it around etc... but it is possible (perhaps even close to impossible, assuming there is no hardware defect on the media where it is copied/stored).
I agree it seems almost impossible but that's what it was 100%.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:56 AM

Ok i flashed in the ROM and i cannot connect to evoscan. says connected then one second later says disconnected! I am also running a serial - usb for the AEM, and not sure what com port to select for it. I have not used evoscan yet so just trying to get it set up! I did notice that i cannot use PCMscan with the mode23 enabled as it runs but now only graphs 5 PIDs. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: air/fuel ratio on initial boost?