Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

EVO X MR ECUflash Help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2010, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X MR ECUflash Help

Hey, I'm running into a bit of a roadblock with my 2008 MR.

I can supply logs and my tune to anyone who may be able to help with this.

Currently running a fairly aggressive tune, full cat back exhaust, test pipe, aem intake, and lots of meth.

Meth set up - 750cc before throttle body, 250cc before turbo.

Car makes gobs of power.

Now the stumbling block

The car runs great and pulls/shifts just as it should in all modes except SS Manual mode.

In SS Manual when I shift and don't lift my injector pulse width almost doubles (goes from 13/14 - 21) and the ECU cuts boost. There is no way for us to tune this out with the tables we currently have access to.

Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but due to the 1000cc of meth being pushed this little spike in fuel makes the car run super rich for a moment and therefore bogs like crazy right after the shift and then takes off like a rocket again.

Has anyon else run into this? Does anyone know what table to access to adjust the added fueling? Is this a totally new problem that I stumbled on?
Old Jan 16, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

i think u might be "quenching"reduce meth before TB.
ive read something like that on snowperformance site before sometime ago.
why use 100% meth ? 50/50 mix is much better.
not really a good idea to shoot before turbo especially meth cos it might damage the seals in the turbo and again i read it on the same forum.
which kit are you using ? does it have any failsafes ?

just my 2 cents . . .
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:28 PM

Running AEM's newest version of their w/m kit.

50/50 doesn't provide the same amount of knock protection that full meth does. Adding the water helps to cool down the combustion chamber a bit more though. The shop I'm using runs full meth in all their personal cars with the same set up that I have.

Honestly, I'm running the meth before the turbo as a bit of an experiment. I'm planning on picking up an FP Green or Dom 2.0 in the fall. Before it goes on the car I'm going to inspect my stock turbo. If the meth caused any problems then I'm removing the pre turbo jet, if it didn't then it's staying put.

Lots of the issues with running meth through the turbo is actually caused by water pooling and damaging the blades. There was actually a really good article that I read on another forum that goes over the dangers of running meth pre turbo and how to do it safely.

All that said, there's always dangers of running meth in any set up. Which I am totally comfortable with.

But all that aside - I'm looking for help with tables in the ECU, not how to set up the methanol on my car. Don't mean to be rude, just want to make sure this thread stays on topic.

So, anyone out there have any idea about where to find the tables required to adjust "in shift fuel spikes"???