Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Logging with the (Beta) Standalone Tactrix Cable Logger (No More Computer!)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2012, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok well i just got back from Vegas and did my Firmware update and these are the .out files im getting. Is this what they are saposed look like? It wont upload the acutal .out file so this is copy and pasted from .out to .txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt
.Out.txt (8.7 KB, 0 views)
Old May 25, 2012, 10:42 PM

I never knew this
Old May 28, 2012, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Golden
That's because you have the latest firmware, Tephra.
So just what is the latest firmware?

I'm running ECUFlash Ver 1.43.3252
Apparently the OpenPort 2.0 drivers are attached to that and installs itself at the time.
Or is there somewhere else I can get them drivers?
I'd rather not have to take the damn microSD card out when flashing. It's so small, it's likely to get misplaced.

I've also noticed that in said version of ECUFlash, it does not have a menu selection under ECU of:

Clear DTCs

What's changed?
I've had to use Evoscan to clear DTCs of late.
Old May 31, 2012, 02:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
There is no battery in the OP2.0, so it will lose time/date each power down. I suggested that they use the most recent date any file was saved and increment from there but it was not implemented to my knowledge (at least you would have *some* reference then).

There is some funky way to get it to remember something along the lines of never removing power and plugging your laptop into it. I've seen newer dates in my files.... but it doesn't help that (I think) the power is cut to it after 10 minutes of ignition off.
Yup, looks like the date keeps incrementing until you power down the unit (still doesn't start at the right date and no date in the file though). OBD port must be receiving full time power and not turning off after 10 min like the rest of everything inside the car:

Old May 31, 2012, 06:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
when Colby first introduced the standalone logging we talked about grabbing the clock from the laptop and using that as a basis for timestamps on files..

given the OP20 already keeps track even when the car is off I think it would work.. (as long as you didn't unplug the op20 from the car, or lost battery)

anyways ive asked him again about it..
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:17 PM

Thanks You! xPRimNT

For Everyone that Has a 2012 GSR that wants to log without your laptop and don't feel like spending time figuring out how to get this to work I have attached the logcfg.txt file you will need to log your 2012 GSR that uses the 2012 USDM EVO X ROM 58010005. Just format your Micro USB then drag and drop this file onto you Micro USB.

Your Criuse Control Button will Start and Stop your Log.

Also you will Be Logging:
RPM
PSIG
Timing
Knock
Load
TPS
Coolant_Temp
Speed_mph
ActiveWGDC
WGDC_Correction
LTFT_Idle
LTFT_Cruise
LTFT_In_Use
STFT
This is what i have it set up for. I Checked the settings and worked fine for Me and looked to be reading Right But USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Attached Files
logcfg.txt (3.6 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice. Here's a slightly tweaked version. I've taken the liberty of adding a few extra bits at the end:

The attached file should generate a format that almost loads into EvoScan graphing as-is. All you need to do is edit the file, change the "time" heading to "LogEntrySeconds", and save. That's for EvoScan 2.8, which lots of people are still using.

I've also included a commented-out "adc" section, showing how to log OP2.0 pin 8 analog input. Useful for wideband standalone logging. Alternative methods include splicing into the ECU rear o2 sensor, or using digital link via 2.5mm. But it's always nice to have options!

Hope this helps. Let me know if it needs any further tweaking...

Rich
Attached Files
logcfg.txt (5.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Is it possible to use one logged parameter in the calculation of another? Say you log Baro then below that when you define the log for PSIG could you do something like scalingrpn=x,0.0483675,*,Baro,- ?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, you certainly can. That's the correct syntax.

Rich
Old Sep 22, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was able to get this to work rather easily on my USDM Evo 9. Huge thanks to everyone for all the hard work and time devoted too it. I LOVE IT, THANKS!

Notes:
  • Noted: I'd like to note that the version 1.43.3150 not doing the Firmware Licensing Update threw me for a loop because no one talks about it for many more pages after post #1 but i figured it out. (FYI... apparently you don't have to do this step on the latest version of the beta.)
  • Noted: Using a 4gb SanDisk Card formatted to FAT32 with no issues.
  • Noted: It was a question i had about this whole setup, but the tactric box will log while plugged into the car and running until connected to your PC via mini-usb. It then stops logging preventing any issues with normal tuning and logging with EvoScan. Unplug the usb cable and it starts to log to SD card again.

Questions:

1.) Can i set this up to log 1byte load for tephra like i get out of EvoScan?

ANSWER #1.): I played around with it and figured it out.
;----Used to log 1 Byte Load (Tephra Rom Only)----
paramname=Load1Byte
paramid=0x41
scalingrpn=x,1.2,*
2.) I couldn't get "AFRMAP" to work on the evo 9. I try'ed a few things with no luck. Anyone have any input?

;Test #1: (DID NOT WORK w/ EVO9)
paramname=AFRMAP
paramid=0x8088f5
scalingrpn=1881.6,x,/
;Test #2: (DID NOT WORK w/ EVO9)
paramname=AFRMAP
paramid=0x32
scalingrpn=1881.6,x,/
3.) Stupid question but what does "LoadFuel" log?

4.) How do i adjust the "RPM" trigger to include "Speed" like talked about in previous posts?

; only log when the engine is running
conditionrpn = 2ByteRPM,0,>
action = start
;
conditionrpn = 2ByteRPM,0,==
action = stop
; only log when the engine is running
conditionrpn = 2ByteRPM,0,>,#Speed,10,>,&& ;TEST - WILL THIS WORK?
action = start
;
conditionrpn = 2ByteRPM,0,==,#Speed,10,<=,&& ;TEST - WILL THIS WORK?
action = stop
5.) Deleted!

6.) Deleted!

7.) I'm about to try wiring this up but I'm iffy if anyone was able to get it too work or not from the posts. The AEM Wideband wired to serial, with a custom made serial to mini-stereo jack connector, plugged directly into the OP2 (Like you do with the Inno)? Did it actually work, is this an option? And if so, i don't understand what needs to be done to the MUT Table and logcfg.txt file. Other then what Frost has in his file below. And hes using an Evo 10, so will this work for my evo 9? I also did not mode32 because this was not an Evo 10, this was the correct thing to do right?

;----------------aem----------------
; the "ascii" channel type can listen on any protocol for incoming numeric text
; the default protocolid is 9, which corresponds to the 3/32" jack receive-only serial port
; the default baud rate and setting are 9600,N,8,1. all of these can be changed for other scenarios

; the ascii channel considers anything other than the characters {'0'-'9','+','-','.','E','e'} to be a
; delimiter between different numbers. furthermore, the carriage return and line feed characters are
; considered to mark the beginning of a new row of data. you can sample data from a particular column of
; numbers by choosing a paramid starting at 1 which indicates the column number

; in the case of the AEM UEGO, there is simply one column of data, and it is already scaled appropriately

type=ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1
ANSWER #7.): I guess it does work... AEM direct connection to OP2 via mini-stereo jack! Ok, so wired this up like previously posted and gave it a shot. I simply connected it along side my serial connector and sat the serial to the side. Connected them like posted in the < Link > (Did nothing with pin 3, simply wired base to ground and the middle to the Blue AEM wire.). I then tossed in the above quote with the AEM stuff and it worked. I didn't do the Evo 10 "mode32" stuff because this is for an Evo9 and didn't touch anything with the MUT Table but I'm guessing i may have just got lucky on that front. The accuracy looks spot on and nothing needed to be scaled. It simply records what the wideband see's unlike what is talked about with other options.

Connected two wires, added three command lines to the "logcfg.txt" file and plugged it up and it worked perfect.

8.) The Evo X's have the option to wire there AEM Wideband into the OBD port of the car, could i do this with the Evo 9 also? Would it be the same pins in the OBD connector?

9.) Can Evoscan be configured to record my AEM wideband via Mini-Stereo Jack also?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional "AEM via Mini-Stereo" Notes:
  • I've been trying to get Evoscan to log my AEM through the Mini-Stereo with no success. I also don't know much about it, but i did toss some random address's into EvoScan hoping to get lucky. If someone might have a clue I would appreciate it.

• Also when adding the following lines to your "logcfg" file, it needs to be added near the bottom. For some reason if you put this in half way through your parameter list all the parameters below it will no longer log correctly.
type=ascii
paramname=AFR
paramid=1

EDIT: Further investigation points to the "type=ascii" command to be the cause of this issue. So i moved the parameter back to the center of my list with a slight change to try and fix the issue but all it did was cause more issues.
type=ascii
paramname=AFR
paramid=1
type=mut2 ;<-- Adding this did not fix the issue.
I was hoping the second Mut2 "type" command would allow the parameters to start logging again but it did not. Maybe there's another command to use instead that someone can chime in on?

Last edited by Live4Redline; Sep 24, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

^ Wheres the love... Bump for some answers!

Specially for...

9.) Can Evoscan be configured to record my AEM wideband via Mini-Stereo Jack in the OP2?

Thanks,
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:53 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Live4Redline
^ Wheres the love... Bump for some answers!

Specially for...

9.) Can Evoscan be configured to record my AEM wideband via Mini-Stereo Jack in the OP2?
Not that I know of. You might not get too much love for evo IX questions over here (even though it is on-topic enough).

2.) I couldn't get "AFRMAP" to work on the evo 9. I try'ed a few things with no luck. Anyone have any input?
Find the correct MUT location in your MUT table (should be 32 according to the wiki - link in sig), make the corresponding request with the corresponding equation. If it works in your evoscan and you make them match it will work here. Anything that looks like this:
paramid=0x8088f5
...won't work on the evo IX. It is a mode23 evo X thing.

3.) Stupid question but what does "LoadFuel" log?
Load related to fuel - I think its an evoX thing only (its been a while since I logged a IX though)

4.) How do i adjust the "RPM" trigger to include "Speed" like talked about in previous posts?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/9292440-post149.html

7.) I'm about to try wiring this up but I'm iffy if anyone was able to get it too work or not from the posts. The AEM Wideband wired to serial, with a custom made serial to mini-stereo jack connector, plugged directly into the OP2 (Like you do with the Inno)? Did it actually work, is this an option? And if so, i don't understand what needs to be done to the MUT Table and logcfg.txt file. Other then what Frost has in his file below. And hes using an Evo 10, so will this work for my evo 9? I also did not mode32 because this was not an Evo 10, this was the correct thing to do right?

ANSWER #7.): I guess it does work... AEM direct connection to OP2 via mini-stereo jack! Ok, so wired this up like previously posted and gave it a shot. I simply connected it along side my serial connector and sat the serial to the side. Connected them like posted in the < Link > (Did nothing with pin 3, simply wired base to ground and the middle to the Blue AEM wire.). I then tossed in the above quote with the AEM stuff and it worked. I didn't do the Evo 10 "mode32" stuff because this is for an Evo9 and didn't touch anything with the MUT Table but I'm guessing i may have just got lucky on that front. The accuracy looks spot on and nothing needed to be scaled. It simply records what the wideband see's unlike what is talked about with other options.

Connected two wires, added three command lines to the "logcfg.txt" file and plugged it up and it worked perfect.

The external wideband via serial 1/8" connector is independent of ECU communications. You are piping it in via a different input. It should not matter what car you do this part on - they all just look to the other comms channel for that information. No MUT changes needed since that is a reference for an ECU memory address.

8.) The Evo X's have the option to wire there AEM Wideband into the OBD port of the car, could i do this with the Evo 9 also? Would it be the same pins in the OBD connector?
I'm not sure. I would think it would work on that same pin since its an OBDII spec - but I'm not sure what else it might be connected to. According to this it doesn't look like it is connected to anything as a standard, but I would double check the CT9A wiring diagram:
http://www.obdstore.com/obd-2-diagno...nector-pinout/

Additional "AEM via Mini-Stereo" Notes:
  • I've been trying to get Evoscan to log my AEM through the Mini-Stereo with no success. I also don't know much about it, but i did toss some random address's into EvoScan hoping to get lucky. If someone might have a clue I would appreciate it.

• Also when adding the following lines to your "logcfg" file, it needs to be added near the bottom. For some reason if you put this in half way through your parameter list all the parameters below it will no longer log correctly.

EDIT: Further investigation points to the "type=ascii" command to be the cause of this issue. So i moved the parameter back to the center of my list with a slight change to try and fix the issue but all it did was cause more issues.

I was hoping the second Mut2 "type" command would allow the parameters to start logging again but it did not. Maybe there's another command to use instead that someone can chime in on?
...tossing random addresses in? Evoscan can only log MUTII via MUT commands. Your ECU isn't reading the serial connection directly. You can pipe the analog signal through your rear O2 or make a serial connection directly to your laptop to use the WDB parameter in evoscan.

I believe the notes for AFR explain the ascii call:
Code:
;----------------aem----------------
; the "ascii" channel type can listen on any protocol for incoming numeric text
; the default protocolid is 9, which corresponds to the 3/32" jack receive-only serial port
; the default baud rate and setting are 9600,N,8,1. all of these can be changed for other scenarios

; the ascii channel considers anything other than the characters {'0'-'9','+','-','.','E','e'} to be a 
; delimiter between different numbers. furthermore, the carriage return and line feed characters are 
; considered to mark the beginning of a new row of data. you can sample data from a particular column of
; numbers by choosing a paramid starting at 1 which indicates the column number

; in the case of the AEM UEGO, there is simply one column of data, and it is already scaled appropriately

type=ascii
paramname = AFR
paramid = 1
...to get it back to the mode for the other parameters you would need to set the correct mode again (if that works). For a mode23 evo X it is:

Code:
type=mrmacan
It appears you tried that for MUT2 and it didn't. Is there any reason AFR can't be at the end of your list? I imagine it puts more load on the device (read: slower logging) to switch modes constantly.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

I see how it is, you Evo 10 guys don't want to share! /joking

Thanks Fostytou, i appreciate it.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
Evolved Member

No, it's just that you exceeded my maximum-questions-per-post-limit-before-my-brain-explodes... by eight.

Rich
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:29 AM

Can anyone tell me the address to log STFT on 2008 USDM GSR (52680022)?

(the one from the cfg files a few posts up results in no data)

TIA,

Quick Reply: Logging with the (Beta) Standalone Tactrix Cable Logger (No More Computer!)