Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Logging with the (Beta) Standalone Tactrix Cable Logger (No More Computer!)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:51 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So I finally got tired of the OP2.0 draining my battery down and wired in a relay. I spliced into the red wire my OBDII extension cable from Tactrix which was the only one with constant +12V power. It seems to function correctly (+12V on the extension gets lit when the car goes to the ON position), but if the OP2.0 is plugged in while the car is starting it never boots itself up. It will stay dark, even if I feed it power via the bypass switch I installed just in case.

Unplug it for a couple of seconds, plug it back in while the car is still on and it begins to run and log just fine (switch on or off, relay on). Is this some sort of voltage limitation at bootup caused by the drain from the starter? Do I need to add in a time delay controller or should I be expecting this to function correctly with just a relay?

The openport never had trouble logging before during startup when it was plugged in full time.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 02:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
isn't there two +12v supplies on the OBD port? maybe you need to switch both of them at the same time?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
So I finally got tired of the OP2.0 draining my battery down and wired in a relay. I spliced into the red wire my OBDII extension cable from Tactrix which was the only one with constant +12V power. It seems to function correctly (+12V on the extension gets lit when the car goes to the ON position), but if the OP2.0 is plugged in while the car is starting it never boots itself up. It will stay dark, even if I feed it power via the bypass switch I installed just in case.

Unplug it for a couple of seconds, plug it back in while the car is still on and it begins to run and log just fine (switch on or off, relay on). Is this some sort of voltage limitation at bootup caused by the drain from the starter? Do I need to add in a time delay controller or should I be expecting this to function correctly with just a relay?

The openport never had trouble logging before during startup when it was plugged in full time.
Make sure you're not connecting to the 12v source that turns off when the engine cranks. The off-on-off might be screwing up the bootup sequence. Anything connected to the cigarette lighter for example shuts off briefly, it's quite annoying.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 08:19 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
isn't there two +12v supplies on the OBD port? maybe you need to switch both of them at the same time?
There may be another one, but unless its a timing thing like mentioned below then I don't think that's the problem. I can flip it on by the switch that bypasses the relay just fine.

Edit: Actually, just one 12v line on pin16: http://www.mbcluster.com/Media_Diagn...r%20Pinout.jpg (for the record I did check the yellow wire inside the loom as well).

Originally Posted by TravisF
Make sure you're not connecting to the 12v source that turns off when the engine cranks. The off-on-off might be screwing up the bootup sequence. Anything connected to the cigarette lighter for example shuts off briefly, it's quite annoying.
That could potentially be it. I'll have to check if it can have that condition, but it doesn't get turned on by ACC, only engine on to the timing would be very brief.

Either way the problem is kind of the same. I'm just going to break down and throw one of these into the circuit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261409488357

I'll report back on what delay I needed to go for. I don't mind missing some logging on startup but I'd like it to start reasonably quickly.

Last edited by fostytou; Dec 29, 2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Logging the LM-1 AFR with the Tactrix through the 2.5mm jack

Hi,

sorry for diggin up such an old thread, but I've got through the past 16 pages and couldn't find a clear answer if it is possible to log the LM-1 AFR to the OP 2.0 sd-card using the 2.5mm jack?

it would be great for track days to also log AFR and not just the other parameters... a laptop is not really an option since I wouldn't be able to keep it from flying through the car during hard braking and cornering

Cheers

EDIT:
Okay! I got it working with my LM-1! Connecting the Analog output to the 2.5mm Jack and configuring the LM-1 Analog outputs correctly did the trick! Then it's only a matter of using the Analog-Digital-Converter of the Tactrix to make sense of the data input. Details here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...l#post11496045

Last edited by sebas-chan; Aug 21, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 07:42 PM

Did anybody ever get this standalone logging working correctly? I don't just mean logging the wideband o2 sensor... I mean reliable logging of the most important stuff like rpm, TPS, knock and so on.
I did some test runs and the Tactrix doesn't recognize the TPS correctly and it tells me that I never exceeded 3000 rpm... and then half way through it stops logging.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 05:26 AM
rip

hey - jdm evo ix - i got this to work but have to alter my rpn calculations - no luck with the afr map either...

type=mut2

paramname=TPS
paramid=0x17
scalingrpn=x,0.39215686,*

paramname=RPM
paramid=0x21
scalingrpn=x,31.25,*

paramname=Timing
paramid=0x06
scalingrpn=x,20,-

paramname=AFR
paramid=0x12
scalingrpn=x,0.03913,*,10,+

paramname=IPW
paramid=0x29
scalingrpn=x,0.256,*
isvisible = 0

paramname=Boost
paramid=0x38
scalingrpn=x,0.19347,*,14.5,-

paramname=KockSum
paramid=0x26
scalingrpn=x

paramname=BattV
paramid=0x14
scalingrpn=x,0.07333,*

type = calc
paramname = Load
scalingrpn = 0.1026,BattV,*,-,1.8741,+,1881.6,AFR,/,/,-,IPW,+,2825,*

.................................................. .................................................. ..................

the AFR and calc i got to work on...

Question - how can i improve my baud rate greater than 9600 that i see on the o/p of the SD card?

Do i need to plug in the tactrix to laptop and change the baud rate there and it will improve the baud rate for stand alone logging?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:07 AM

Not being recorded logs at the touch of a cruise (on the panel lights cruise)
Triger this
paramname = CruiseLight
paramid = 0x8045C5
databits = 1
offsetbits = 5
isvisible = 0
priority = 2

conditionrpn = CruiseLight, 1 ==
action = start

conditionrpn = CruiseLight, 0 ==
action = stop

creates a file on a flash drive log.sfg but it is empty, 0bayt

if the trigger is not satisfied that the log is always written when connected poort2 Open.
cruise log is written on the SD card
How to make that the log was recorded with the inclusion of a cruise?

Attached Files
File Type: rar
logcfg.rar (2.4 KB, 0 views)
Old Feb 13, 2016, 07:26 AM

How to make the log was recorded in a single file on the SD card ?

I'm after the ignition is turned off, the log file is written to a new file.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 08:23 AM

Anyone logging just stop working? I haven't logged using the OpenPort in sometime and it was working previously. Now when I plug it in it doesn't even create a cvs file like it uses to. Any ideas? Pretty much used the OP original doc and just selected what I want to log.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 04:14 AM

I have the same thing happened! stopped to write logs to the map.

tried to change the firmware of the ecu
tried to format the card in fat 16 and 32

doesn't help...

It all started after changing the firmware on openporte when you run ecu flash.

logcfg.out 0kbit empty
Old May 12, 2016, 12:43 PM

Tell me what's the problem ?

Not recorded log on SD card.

if you connect to the computer and then disable the created logcfg.out (in the attachment)

If USB is not connected then the file logcfg.weighs out empty and 0 bytes.

The log file is not written to the card.
Attached Files
File Type: rar
logcfg.rar (5.9 KB, 0 views)
Old Jun 1, 2016, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by lexa609
Tell me what's the problem ?

Not recorded log on SD card.

if you connect to the computer and then disable the created logcfg.out (in the attachment)

If USB is not connected then the file logcfg.weighs out empty and 0 bytes.

The log file is not written to the card.
Understood!

The problem was in the incorrect firmware openport2, the problem was solved by installing the new ecuflash 1.44.4790

Thanks tech support Tactrix.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by khami
Anyone logging just stop working?
A bug was inadvertently introduced in to a previous version of EcuFlash, but if you use the one on our site currently, you shouldn't have a problem. If you do, contact us at support at tactrix dot com and I'll take a look in to the problem.

-Mike
Tactrix
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyPSF
A bug was inadvertently introduced in to a previous version of EcuFlash, but if you use the one on our site currently, you shouldn't have a problem. If you do, contact us at support at tactrix dot com and I'll take a look in to the problem.

-Mike
Tactrix
Thank you! but problem decided firmware update.
Download ecuflash with tactrix.com
helped guys from tech support tactrix.com