Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Logging with the (Beta) Standalone Tactrix Cable Logger (No More Computer!)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a lot slower than EvoScan for me. Logging the same number of parameters, I get about half the speed.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
the time is accurate...

how many things are you logging?
It has nothing to do with how many items I am logging. I am only logging TPS, boost, fuel load, boost, and rearO2AFR, on both Evoscan and OpenPort logs. I get 92 data points for both OpenPort and Evoscan in my logs, logging the same items on a 3rd gear pull. Time delta is approximately 8 seconds for the log on both. At each point in both logs I am at the same approxiate RPM for each time stamp. For some reason VDR doesn't like the format of the time and pukes. I can overlay my seconds column from Evoscan log over the time column in OpenPort log and it looks perfect (keeping in mind when they are superimposed on each other in Excel they damn near match perfectly with respect to time, value, and position.

With those 5 data points selected I get within .5 seconds alignment on data points between my standalone and Evoscan logs. I was apprehensive about it due to so many saying it got exponentially slower when using the standalone.

Update: Very odd, all of the logs are showing up fine this morning. Same logs direct from my OpenPort. I messed with them for over an hour yesterday and they all looked terrible and today they look like they should. Oh well, I guess it was a bug with VDR.

Update to Update: It stopped working again after reopening so there must be something wonky with VDR.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Sep 19, 2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I took a snap shot of both 3rd gear logs and also loaded both in VDR so everyone can see I am getting roughly the same data points for both logs. I really hope I am just overlooking something obvious. I will post this over on the VDR thread as well, maybe it is just a VDR thing. Something is going wrong with the calculations. If you look at the boost curve the points damn near line up perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails Logging with the (Beta) Standalone Tactrix Cable Logger (No More Computer!)-openport-vs-evoscan.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
logs.zip (3.7 KB, 0 views)
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CatalystGod
Has anybody seen if live logging through evoscan is possible if the LC1 or any wideband for that matter is connected to the OP2.0 instead of the computer?
+++++1
im realy realy interested in this as well
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hediki12
+++++1
im realy realy interested in this as well
How do you mean? My UEGO is wired into my ECU and I log my AFR's via Evoscan or standalone. What I am trying to say is I don't connect my wideband to my computer I log it through the OBD port.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 07:22 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SiliconTek
How do you mean? My UEGO is wired into my ECU and I log my AFR's via Evoscan or standalone. What I am trying to say is I don't connect my wideband to my computer I log it through the OBD port.
Via rear O2 or via the input on the OP2.0?

I think the desire here is to log the mini jack in evoscan so you don't have to switch connection type. If that is the option you use, what did you select in evoscan to accomplish it?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Via rear O2 or via the input on the OP2.0?

I think the desire here is to log the mini jack in evoscan so you don't have to switch connection type. If that is the option you use, what did you select in evoscan to accomplish it?
Via rear O2 adc input on the ECU. The miniport isn't analog on the OP 2.0. If you want to use that one you will need something like an LC-1.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:21 AM
EvoM Community Team

Via rear O2 adc input on the ECU. The miniport isn't analog on the OP 2.0. If you want to use that one you will need something like an LC-1.
Then I'm pretty sure we had that down a while ago . I guess that would be "connected to the ECU rear O2" and not "connected to the op2.0".

Logging via rearO2 always generates enough noise to throw my AFR reading off by a few tenths compared to serial stream. That is why we are interested in getting ASCII logging via standalone or pass-through to work.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Then I'm pretty sure we had that down a while ago . I guess that would be "connected to the ECU rear O2" and not "connected to the op2.0".

Logging via rearO2 always generates enough noise to throw my AFR reading off by a few tenths compared to serial stream. That is why we are interested in getting ASCII logging via standalone or pass-through to work.
If you calibrate the rear properly you will get damn near EXACTLY the same performance out of the rear O2 logging within a given range. I found that calibration via Evoscan using the ADC and serial stream favors one end or the other with respect to the ADC, i.e., either you get it accurate in the 11-12 range or you get it accurate in the 14-15 range. My ADC reading versus serial is perfect between 10.5-12.5, being off no more than 0.1, which is the range I am interested it. If it is 14 or 14.5 I really don't care they are both bad at WOT.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:45 PM
EvoM Community Team

If you calibrate the rear properly you will get damn near EXACTLY the same performance out of the rear O2 logging within a given range. I found that calibration via Evoscan using the ADC and serial stream favors one end or the other with respect to the ADC, i.e., either you get it accurate in the 11-12 range or you get it accurate in the 14-15 range. My ADC reading versus serial is perfect between 10.5-12.5, being off no more than 0.1, which is the range I am interested it. If it is 14 or 14.5 I really don't care they are both bad at WOT.
On my AEM I found the same thing... though the range was much smaller and still not regularly precise (maybe 70% of the time?). IMHO .25 afr off constantly is a pretty big difference for my purposes.... and even when it was only .1 off at 11.5 it would be .4 or greater off at 11.8 . I did alot of logging to try to find a positive overall good value (additively and logarithmically), and it just wasn't accurate enough for my tastes.

But anyway... OP2.0 can do ascii datastream now (as mentioned above), we just need to get it working!

Last edited by fostytou; Oct 25, 2010 at 03:19 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can I still log my lc-1 through the 2.5mm in the tactrix if I use the computer though?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to try something in a day or two. Looking over how they love via openport s.a . Using 0x0*mut address* .... I saw to log afr via 2.0 s.a u loged mut 100 or 101 I can't remeber off hand
soo maybe that will work I hope it does! If anyone tries this before I do please post your finding
Old Oct 29, 2010, 08:15 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
Can I still log my lc-1 through the 2.5mm in the tactrix if I use the computer though?
...thats what the last 7+ posts were asking!

Originally Posted by hediki12
I'm going to try something in a day or two. Looking over how they love via openport s.a . Using 0x0*mut address* .... I saw to log afr via 2.0 s.a u loged mut 100 or 101 I can't remeber off hand
soo maybe that will work I hope it does! If anyone tries this before I do please post your finding
I'd love to help with this, but I have no idea what you are trying to say....
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:14 AM
EvoM Community Team

...thats what the last 7+ posts were asking!

I'd love to help with this, but I have no idea what you are trying to say....
Copied from PM so everyone can see:
------

This is the data from the "other forum" that he is talking about (from the example files but credit to xPRimNT for the post):

Code:
;----------------inno----------------
type=inno
; log from an innovate MTS bus via the 3/32" jack
; multiple LC-1 and other MTS devices (e.g. TC-4) are supported
;
; each MTS parameter has a special parameter ID:
;
; paramid   parameter
; 0x0101    LC-1 #1 AFR
; 0x0102    LC-1 #1 lambda
; 0x0201    LC-1 #2 AFR
; 0x0202    LC-1 #2 lambda
; 0x0301    LC-1 #3 AFR
; 0x0302    LC-1 #4 lambda
;           (etc)
;
; 0x0001    aux #1 data (e.g. TC-4 #1 channel 1)
; 0x0002    aux #2 data (e.g. TC-4 #1 channel 2)
; 0x0003    aux #3 data (e.g. TC-4 #1 channel 3)
; 0x0004    aux #4 data (e.g. TC-4 #1 channel 4)
; 0x0005    aux #5 data (e.g. TC-4 #2 channel 1)
;           (etc)

; the LC-1 parameters are already scaled correctly and require no scalingrpn setting
; however, the LC-1 is known to lose its stored AFR multiplier, so we recommend calculating
; AFR from lambda like this

;paramname = mylc1.afr
;paramid = 0x0102       ; get lambda from first LC-1
;scalingrpn = x,14.7,*  ; scale to an AFR
I don't think what you are suggesting will work, however it may. When you request a memory address you are requesting it from the ECU. The openport is simply forwarding that information.... but it may have some built in function to allow it to work. I definitely encourage an attempt to try.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking all the request I've seen ecu based are 2digits or 5 like the evo x (I think its 5 can't remeber off hand) maybe the 100 set are "read from cable" worth a shot though. I appologize for pming that and not posting it publicly first . Thnx for putting it up . Pain in the *** from a phonne I can barely use lol

Quick Reply: Logging with the (Beta) Standalone Tactrix Cable Logger (No More Computer!)