Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Cobb AP First Impression Stage 2 93 + AMS CAI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cobb AP First Impression Stage 2 93 + AMS CAI

Well thought I would post a quick first impression so far. When I first loaded it up on the car I was like WTF. All the service engine lights went off and the fan even kicked on. Everything did load pefectly fine though with no hickup. It just caught me off gaurd considering nothing like that happened to my Evo IX with ecuflash. Install was pretty straight forward. I had an issue with AP manager but the tech guys at cobb helped me out. The software that came with my AP was not compatible with vista so I just had to download the new software. On start up I could tell right off the bat that the car idled much better. While driving around the car feels much smoother and seems to pull harder in the midrange. Overall I am very happy with it and would suggest it to anybody who does not have a local tuner. I'll be going to Cobb plano for some custom maps as soon as AMS releases there GT750 turbo kit.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. I installed my ap last month and have been loving every minute of it. Can't wait to get up to Cobb and get a dyno tune. I'm in the process of finding a new job so thats not gonna happen anytime soon. Anyways, any idea when they are releasing that kit? Just curious!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 09:45 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
i love my AP
just requested a copy of their tuning program to modify the 800cc map for 1000cc E85
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nlp187
Cool. I installed my ap last month and have been loving every minute of it. Can't wait to get up to Cobb and get a dyno tune. I'm in the process of finding a new job so thats not gonna happen anytime soon. Anyways, any idea when they are releasing that kit? Just curious!
Last I heard I believe AMS said sometime mid spring. Hoping for something sooner.