Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

reading octane in evoscan along with other questions.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i will log it and check. yeah i am running stock injectors.... what should i expect for ltft idle?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 06:28 PM

also i wanted to throw it out there that i am using an mbc.

besides boost limits, do i need to change any of the BTEL tables, or any of them for that matter?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:05 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by storm_trooper
i will log it and check. yeah i am running stock injectors.... what should i expect for ltft idle?
It depends, if it shows around -10% for idle too, then it should be a simple subtract 10% from your entire maf scaling maps. If not, then you have to log and rescale in each voltage range which would be a time consuming process.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:31 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

You more than likely do not need to adjust the BTEL maps but it wouldn't hurt to raise them to the desired loads you want to run.

What intake are you running and how did you scale your MAF? Did you have a shop do it for you? If so, you might want to have them re-do it since it's really not an easy process unless everything is just 10% higher than it's suppose to be.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SiC
It depends, if it shows around -10% for idle too, then it should be a simple subtract 10% from your entire maf scaling maps. If not, then you have to log and rescale in each voltage range which would be a time consuming process.
well the ltft at idle is -12.5 :-/, but i didnt log while sitting in the car for 5-10 minutes. it was while driving. i thought to log the idle trims you need to let the car idle for a while?

Originally Posted by SiC
You more than likely do not need to adjust the BTEL maps but it wouldn't hurt to raise them to the desired loads you want to run.

What intake are you running and how did you scale your MAF? Did you have a shop do it for you? If so, you might want to have them re-do it since it's really not an easy process unless everything is just 10% higher than it's suppose to be.
running an AGP cold air intake. A fellow member (hollywood_x) provided me with the scaled maf. (attached)

so i guess what would my next step be? try to rescale the maf? im willing to put in the effort and time if its necessary.

Is it bad to be running up to the load cells i am with the boost im running?

thanks again for all the help

EDIT:

I dunno if this would play a roll into anything but i was going over evoscan, and i noticed my injector scaling was at 523, not 532 like my ROM says....

I know i should go out and try, but im in bed and not getting out lol.

so if someone chimes in before morning, i would be much obliged

night fellas
Attached Files
File Type: zip
AGP MAF Cal.zip (4.6 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by storm_trooper; Apr 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:57 PM

edited above post
Old Apr 4, 2010, 02:05 AM
SiC
Evolved Member

well the ltft at idle is -12.5 :-/, but i didnt log while sitting in the car for 5-10 minutes. it was while driving. i thought to log the idle trims you need to let the car idle for a while?
If you've been driving around for a while and idling in traffic or what not, that should be the correct figure. So over all it does seem like you are around 10% too high for the MAF scaling. I would suggest highlighting all the numbers in your MAF scaling 1-3 and type * and 0.90, then hit ENTER. This will decrease your MAF scaling by 10% in the entire range. Once you do that, you should reset your fuel trims by unplugging your ECU for 5 seconds. Plug it back in, start the car and drive around/log until your fuel trims settle down. Make sure both the idle & cruise fuel trims are around +-5% & more than likely your load will fall back into place.

Once your trims are good, you'll have to recheck your timing & fuel maps since you'll be hitting different load cells now.

running an AGP cold air intake. A fellow member (hollywood_x) provided me with the scaled maf. (attached)
I can unzip the file but I have no idea what the file inside is, there was no extension.

Is it bad to be running up to the load cells i am with the boost im running?

I dunno if this would play a roll into anything but i was going over evoscan, and i noticed my injector scaling was at 523, not 532 like my ROM says....
Shouldn't be too bad as long as you are hitting your target timing, fuel, mivec, etc. maps. The problem would be if you want to try someone elses map you wont be able to use them as is. You'll need to edit the maps for the loads you are hitting or else it'll be all out of wack. Also, later along the line if you decide to upgrade your turbo, your loads may go off the chart. Currently I hit loads of 305 or so with a DOM2.0, if I had your settings, it would probably be in the 330 load area which is off the chart.

Injector scaling setting in Evoscan should not have any adverse effects in your logs.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 11:05 AM

10-4!!!
Thanks SiC, I'm actually on the road now and decreased my maf scale 10% and my ideal creeped back to -12.5% :-/. Should I go down an other 10%?

It's only been about 20 minuets or so since I reset the ecu so if anything changes I'll let you know.

Arigato !
Old Apr 4, 2010, 02:32 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

+-12.5% is maximum for fuel trims so I guess your idle trim was way off the chart, this was what I was affraid of. It might be best to start from scratch with the stock MAF scaling maps and adjust it to your own setup in your case.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 07:57 PM

well the thing was, stock scaling was throwing my LTFT Cruise at +12.5% and giving me the system to lean code, and also my car was knocking 10-20 counts during WOT in fourth.

then I moved to the current scaling and my LTFT cruise went way down and into the negative. and now after taking 10% off the whole band of trim's im at +4% on my LTFT

so i dunno... the LTFT cruise is what really affects your WOT performance and cause the car to throw the p0171.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
well the thing was, stock scaling was throwing my LTFT Cruise at +12.5% and giving me the system to lean code, and also my car was knocking 10-20 counts during WOT in fourth.

then I moved to the current scaling and my LTFT cruise went way down and into the negative. and now after taking 10% off the whole band of trim's im at +4% on my LTFT

so i dunno... the LTFT cruise is what really affects your WOT performance and cause the car to throw the p0171.
You have to adjust scaling to your own car. You cannot borrow the scaling from Hollywood_X and just slap it on your car and expect it to work. It is trial and error and you have to keep trying until you hit the desired trim.

Having the LTFT_idle pegged at -12.5% inorder to get the LTFT_cruise at 4% is not good practice. Your car will be spitting fuel at idle with your ECU unable to correct the rich condition. If your idle trim is pegged max negative, that will also trigger a CEL. It is P0172 (i think), system too rich. The car will waste gas and FE will suck big time.

Go back to the stock intake and the stock MAF scaling and see how the trims act. If they settle down, then you will know that it is the intake creating the problems. If not, then you might have a MAF problem.

It seems to me that once you fix one trim the other one gets FUBARed. Then you fix the FUBARed trim and the fixed trim becomes FUBARed. Just go back to the stock intake and the stock MAF scaling and start from there.

Last edited by nj1266; Apr 4, 2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by nj1266
You have to adjust scaling to your own car. You cannot borrow the scaling from Hollywood_X and just slap it on your car and expect it to work. It is trial and error and you have to keep trying until you hit the desired trim.

Having the LTFT_idle pegged at -12.5% inorder to get the LTFT_cruise at 4% is not good practice. Your car will be spitting fuel at idle with your ECU unable to correct the rich condition. If your idle trim is pegged max negative, that will also trigger a CEL. It is P0172 (i think), system too rich. The car will waste gas and FE will suck big time.

Go back to the stock intake and the stock MAF scaling and see how the trims act. If they settle down, then you will know that it is the intake creating the problems. If not, then you might have a MAF problem.

It seems to me that once you fix one trim the other one gets FUBARed. Then you fix the FUBARed trim and the fixed trim becomes FUBARed. Just go back to the stock intake and the stock MAF scaling and start from there.

agreed,

and the good thing too is im going to learn 29834 new things trouble shooting

NJ thanks much for all the help the past weeks. its greatly appreciated