Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Maf Scaling

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maf Scaling

I am looking for some advice and guidance by people that know. I currently use a Dynojet Power Commander on my car and have since they started makign them for the X. The CMD works great and is quite easy to program and interface is pretty easy to navigate.

I recently added the AGP CAI and the pipe is a bit larger than the stock intake. While I havent gone out and logged the problem, however when under partial throttle in 2nd 3rd and 4th and I goto accl, there is an afr spike to ~10 before resettling to normal.. If I just go WOT in any gear the spike doesnt happen and I suspect this is because the CMD has MAF clamping set up for WOT and I beleive its preventing the ecu from seeing the sudden airflow spike.

Mt question is for those that have done Maf scaling. How did you come up with your numbers, was it trial and error or is there math involved. If there is math, can someone point me there because that i can do. Or better yet has anyone done scaling with the AGP CAI and give me ball park numbers.

I will be doing some logging tomorrow so I can see exactly what the maf signal is doing for sure. I forgot to add that before i put the bigger intake on, the spike wasnt there
Old May 22, 2010, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gexxer
I am looking for some advice and guidance by people that know. I currently use a Dynojet Power Commander on my car and have since they started makign them for the X. The CMD works great and is quite easy to program and interface is pretty easy to navigate.

I recently added the AGP CAI and the pipe is a bit larger than the stock intake. While I havent gone out and logged the problem, however when under partial throttle in 2nd 3rd and 4th and I goto accl, there is an afr spike to ~10 before resettling to normal.. If I just go WOT in any gear the spike doesnt happen and I suspect this is because the CMD has MAF clamping set up for WOT and I beleive its preventing the ecu from seeing the sudden airflow spike.

Mt question is for those that have done Maf scaling. How did you come up with your numbers, was it trial and error or is there math involved. If there is math, can someone point me there because that i can do. Or better yet has anyone done scaling with the AGP CAI and give me ball park numbers.

I will be doing some logging tomorrow so I can see exactly what the maf signal is doing for sure. I forgot to add that before i put the bigger intake on, the spike wasnt there
I made up a spreadsheet to calculate trim stuff, but it's on the "other" forum...

http://www.***************/forums/sh...2&postcount=61

It's based off another thread on the "other" forum.

http://www.***************/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18023

(By the way, I'm really disappointed in having Evo X Forums filtered out. I'm a fan of both forums, and it seems childish to screen in this manner)
Old May 22, 2010, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

nm found it
Old May 22, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

do u by anychance have a version that works? I couldnt get yours to open.
Old May 22, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm. It worked for me just fine.

The Excel sheet? Or the forum?
Old May 24, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xPRimNT
Hmm. It worked for me just fine.

The Excel sheet? Or the forum?
do you have the link to your spreedsheet or could you email it to me please flashtune@vodafone.co.nz, I am trying to scale my Perrin intake

Thanks
Phil
Old May 24, 2010, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

I couldn't get your excel sheet to open... I'm gonna try and DL a new version now.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

ok i got it to work and thats close to what I am looking for... only I'm not logging the ECU with ecuflash. I am using a powercommander from dynojet and it does log maf voltage. I am more interested in someone list of stock maf values they have already sorted out. If i have to go and get them myself I will, I was just looking for a headstart.
Old May 25, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gexxer
ok i got it to work and thats close to what I am looking for... only I'm not logging the ECU with ecuflash. I am using a powercommander from dynojet and it does log maf voltage. I am more interested in someone list of stock maf values they have already sorted out. If i have to go and get them myself I will, I was just looking for a headstart.
Ah, gotcha. I think that the only people that have really worked out a number of intakes is Cobb. If you have ATR or someone near you with ATR, you could have them open up a Cobb Intake Map and copy the MAF values for you.

Also, it doesn't matter what you log the ECU with for that spreadsheet, it just needs volts, current LTFT and STFT.
Old May 25, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Edit: sorry wrong post
Old May 25, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

I now have a good set of maf values for my current intake... I guess I will have to put the stock intake back on and log all that...
Old May 25, 2010, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

?

The calculations are for a new intake. You put the new intake on and log those. Then, it calculates the new values for MAF scaling.

If you have a good scaling already, you're done and don't need to do anything else. Just keep checking that your fuel trims are +- 5%, and you can continue tuning.