Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Deatsch werks 1300cc injectors review / Scale / Latency

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou

The attitude is that Tephra doesn't belong to you or have any obligation to find out anything for you... or frankly anyone else here. Appreciate what he does for you, and don't be a jerk.

It helps alot when you bring valid options and discussion points to a question, rather than just saying "I need and deserve halp! Do the reading for me".

If you don't understand where people have already gone wrong, you may not really understand how to go right.
humm. i've come to find out that sometimes people will mis interpret the attitude in which something was wrote in. That's one reasons why i hate conveying funny, mad, sad, or any other emotional messages through text and forums because some people read it wrong and get butt hurt. Oh well, my intent was never to imply that Tephra owed me anything or had to answer my question. it was more of a funny Teeeepppphhhrrraaa whhheeerrrreee arrrrreeee yoouuuuu like if i as calling batman or something. like i said, oh well and sorry if tephra took it the wrong way too.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by criptballer
humm. i've come to find out that sometimes people will mis interpret the attitude in which something was wrote in. That's one reasons why i hate conveying funny, mad, sad, or any other emotional messages through text and forums because some people read it wrong and get butt hurt. Oh well, my intent was never to imply that Tephra owed me anything or had to answer my question. it was more of a funny Teeeepppphhhrrraaa whhheeerrrreee arrrrreeee yoouuuuu like if i as calling batman or something. like i said, oh well and sorry if tephra took it the wrong way too.
Its a little known fact but I actually do own Tephra, I won him in a poker game a few months ago with a dead mans hand. If any of you have seen the original "Mad Max" he looks and talks just like Mel Gibson from back then. Of course now that I own him rental rates have gone up and its $25 per answered question plus the 3% paypal fee.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone been successful with trims yet on these injectors? Mine are still all over the place. I'm also still experiencing oscillating AFRs (swings from 19-20 to 11-12s) during closed loop cruise.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by delkat
Has anyone been successful with trims yet on these injectors? Mine are still all over the place. I'm also still experiencing oscillating AFRs (swings from 19-20 to 11-12s) during closed loop cruise.
Mine run perfect...
Are you just watching AFR's or are you also looking at your LTFT's?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

We adjust scaling and latency and things get better for a while then diverge again. Right now -9, +3.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by delkat
Yep I couldn't get mine to work either. regardless of the settings.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

veeerrrrryyyyy interesting......
Old Jul 24, 2010, 06:43 PM

Idle on mine still sucks with random afr swings. Also have a big issue at about 8% throttle just cruising the afr oscilates like horribly.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
delkat or guru, did you guys ever get things to work? I'm experiencing similar problems (oscilating/varrying AFR's & trims all over the place, both negative and positive.) The only difference is that I have the 1000's.

I've tried everything to get my AFR's to stay consistent. New MAF, spark plugs, tune adjustments, new walbro 255, blew air through my fuel lines, new adjustable fuel pressure regulator, just about everything. So the only other thing I could possibly think of is that it's my injectors. DW 1000's.

So if you came up with any solutions could you please post what you had to do to fix it?

Also, hollywood, what do you mean by "properly scaled maf?" I think I need to scale my MAF as I have a 3" AMS intake, but how do you know when it's properly scaled? My understanding was to scale the injectors and set injector latencies in order to get the trims and stuff in check, but what about the maf? If I scale the maf, won't that throw off the work I did with injector scalings and latencies?

Thanks for any info anyone provides

Last edited by bandit09; Jul 29, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

You need to scale the MAF with the stock setup, then scale your injectors. The other way around just makes for a mess.

Now you could scale the injectors with the stock intake, then scale the AMS intake.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Hmmm so what do you think I should do? I have AMS intake, DW 1000's, FP Red. Pretty much all the boltons and a full turboback exhaust.

Could my lack of maf scaling be causing my seemingly random AFR swings? No matter what I do I can't get trims to stay consistent around zero. They seem to be going from -6 to +6.

It's driving me crazy, I just want my AFR's to stay consistent :-\
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

My trims are still all over the place (-3,+9) and I still have the oscillating AFRs at cruise (11s to 21) which causes the whole car to surge when it goes lean.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm well I'm having oscilating AFR's everywhere. idle, cruise, WOT and half the time it won't lean cut. I'm absolutely convinced it's the injectors as I have replaced/thoroughly inspected EVERY other part of the car, and even tried several different tune configurations.

I really don't know what to do. If I can't figure this out after I get new injectors (don't know which brand to get, maybe RC?) Then I have run out of options and convinced the AFR's will never be right
Old Jul 30, 2010, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

You may have to start all over with a stock tune and [ stock intake or stock injectors]. Tune. Add back on the other and tune for that. Do you have logs? I want to see the issue at WOT. It normally oscillates during Closed Loop.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Removed.

Last edited by aftershock141; Sep 26, 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Deatsch werks 1300cc injectors review / Scale / Latency