Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

ASC Off / service required message while at the track

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2010 | 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

ASC Off / service required message while at the track

The basic question is: do I drive 3 hrs. to a track event Monday with the problem detailed below, or is this something I need to resolve first? I don't want to damage the car.

DETAILS:

So while running at Autobahn in Joliet (IL) today I got an error message saying service required and ASC Off. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but someone said it was due to hitting 30psi boost. I've got an FP green tuned by Jon at Hbspeed. Jon said he tuned me to the same setup as a Dom 2.0, so boost was hitting 25 psi peak @ 3000rpm, and then down to around 18psi at redline.

Note: At the time this happened I had ASC on, I didn't remember to turn it "Off Off" or anything like that. I'm not sure if that has any kind of impact on things...

So what should I do? I don't have a wideband or a boost gauge. Should I just take it over to AMS and let them put it on the dyno and do a tune?

Not a good day - I'm basically out $200 in track fees for the weekend, but that's better than damaging something on the car. Boo. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited by onyx1121; Jul 10, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2010 | 12:40 AM

ASC off?

I got same thing today.
what was your AFR when it happened?
Old Jul 11, 2010 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Just lower boost. You have a boost gauge in the form of a MAP sensor...
Old Jul 12, 2010 | 07:39 AM
EvoM Community Team

Search button FTW. Missed out track day FTL. Your boost spiked.