Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

EVO X AccessPORT and AccessTUNER Updates Now Available

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO X AccessPORT and AccessTUNER Updates Now Available

EVO X AccessPORT users can now update their AccessTUNER Race software and AccessPORT firmware to take advantage of the newest releases for the EVO X.

This latest AccessTUNER software update includes Pass-Through tuning. Users now have the ability to connect their computer to the ECU through the AccessPORT, eliminating the need to move the calibration from the PC to the AccessPORT, then switch cables and flash the new map to the ECU with the AccessPORT. The tuning workflow is greatly simplified, allowing for quicker tuning with less hassle.

Support has been added to the 2008 JDM EVO X SST and these vehicles can now be tuned with AccessTUNER Race. Starting with the OEM calibration, overseas tuners now have the ability to tune the 2008 JDM EVO X SST with the same control and access to the ECU previously only available to USDM vehicles.

Additional improvements to the software include a data logging enhancement which eliminates the issue of duplicate data entries as well as a bug fix that resolves the idle air tables issues.

This software upgrade also reflects the latest changes to the v1.07 Off the Shelf maps (released on 08/03/10) that fix the idle issue present on previous versions of the OTS maps. All maps made with previous versions of AccessTUNER Race will need to be updated with this revised software.

To update to the latest version of firmware, simply plug the AccessPORT into a PC and run AccessPORT Updater. Visit the AccessTUNER Race Request Page to get the latest version of the software.

This update is available now! Head over to COBB Tuning.com for more information, call us at 801-713-0035 or email us at tech@cobbtuning.com.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! I'm completely new to the Evo X, only having mine since this last Sunday and the Accessport since Tuesday. I love all the features it comes with how simple it is to use with the Evo.

I had a V1 AP back when I had a WRX, and while a great product 5 years ago, it's awesome to see how much it's progressed.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
D__

Cobb added 2009 EVO's to the latest ATR beta!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 06:37 AM

I recently joined the EvoM community and having come from the Mazdaspeed community, where ATR is well supported and has many ATR gurus among it's members, I thought it would be easier for me to use the "old familiar" to tune my Evo. I'm surprized that I have to get a WB02 to log AFR, but what is driving me crazy is that I can't find a Evo specific ATR tuning guide that tells me how the tables relate to each other. The Mazdaspeed ATR has a tuning guide that gives this information. The tables are quite different from the Evo tables so unless I can get a tuning guide theres going to be a very steep learning curve.

Oops! I was clicking around ATR and found that the entire guide is activated by clicking the help tab! (imagine that) I also see that they have a tab that says AMS WBO2 so I guess ATR supports AMS Wideband now.

Last edited by Arrowpoint; Aug 25, 2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Post was made based on inacurate information.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AccessTUNER Updated

The EVO X AccessTUNER Race software was released last week without the Passthrough Flash Map functionality enabled. Passthrough Flash Map allows the tuner to flash a map directly from the computer, through the AccessPORT and onto the ECU. The Flash Map button in the drop down menu is not visible in the software released on August 20th.

AccessTUNER Race has been rebuilt to properly display the Flash Map button and this functionality has been activated in the latest version of the software.

AccessTUNER Race can be downloaded by visiting the AccessTUNER Race Request Page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this oversight may have caused.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:31 PM

Why am I now having the inconsistent idle issues while running the v1.07 maps, whereas I didn't when I was running my old v1.04 maps? I'm confused.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by evoxgsr2010
Why am I now having the inconsistent idle issues while running the v1.07 maps, whereas I didn't when I was running my old v1.04 maps? I'm confused.
What's it doing? I had the idle issues with 1.06 but the 1.07 maps have been fine.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:23 PM

In neutral, while stationary, my idle is going freaking insane and jumping around from about 700rpms-1500rpms randomly. Quickly too. Sometimes it'll only jump from 700 to about 900, but other times it will jump up to 600-700 rpms at a time, and jump every second or two. It's driving me insane.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

^give cobb a call~
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by evoxgsr2010
In neutral, while stationary, my idle is going freaking insane and jumping around from about 700rpms-1500rpms randomly. Quickly too. Sometimes it'll only jump from 700 to about 900, but other times it will jump up to 600-700 rpms at a time, and jump every second or two. It's driving me insane.
This sounds EXACTLY like the way mine was running on the 1.06 maps. You're completely sure you have the 1.07 maps on? Call Cobb, or you can always reload your 1.04 map back on.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

would you guys say 1.07 is better than 1.04?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 01:55 PM

Positive. Just downloaded them two days ago. I live really close to cobb plano though, so I may just make a quick trip over there and ask them what's going on once I get my car back
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

When will the 2010 GSRs have their parameters fixed? I'm pretty sure the open source crowd can log LTFT and Load boost/fuel and the 2010s.. Why aren't the addresses correct on the new update for the 2010?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:44 PM

Had an AP for my speed 3. Waiting on getting my AP for the evo from a fellow evo owner on the site. Hopefully it will be a good turnout like the other one was.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 09:16 AM

Was there any further testing done with the 1.07 map regarding the strange idle? Was this a off-the-shelf map or a custom tuned one? Please feel free to send me a PM for troubleshooting.

Sean @ COBB

Quick Reply: EVO X AccessPORT and AccessTUNER Updates Now Available