Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Front o2 Sensor Problems Input Needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2010 | 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Alright went open loop. Runs like butter now. ThankYou! Now i just need a expert at gapping spark plugs. Iam receiving a misfire, plugs are brand new =|.
Old Sep 19, 2010 | 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

I can confirm that IF it is your o2 that the front and rear ARE compatible. I just swapped mine and the SES light has been gone for 3 days now, and today I had a 30 minute ride to my sisters and everything is still cool. Do yourself a favor though and check ALL IC pipe connections, or have a shop do it, even good clamps can work their way loose. I have every vac tube and IC pipe double zipped tied and double hose clamps (4) at each place where the IC pipes meet.
Old Sep 19, 2010 | 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I can confirm that IF it is your o2 that the front and rear ARE compatible. I just swapped mine and the SES light has been gone for 3 days now, and today I had a 30 minute ride to my sisters and everything is still cool. Do yourself a favor though and check ALL IC pipe connections, or have a shop do it, even good clamps can work their way loose. I have every vac tube and IC pipe double zipped tied and double hose clamps (4) at each place where the IC pipes meet.
I was told to check the maf for leaks, and the ic pipes as you have suggested and no leaks or silcone tore or anything. I drove 250 miles and it came back on. So now what I have done is flash to stock and Im going to see if it comes back on. If it does, im going to replace the sensor and get a new one. I know that these Xs can be picky and ive learned. I got a buddy who has the same parts as me and no SES light for him.
Old Feb 8, 2011 | 07:57 AM

hi guys. not to revive an old thread but how do you actually take the rear o2 sensor and connect it to the front. i recently had an issue where my front o2 sensor wire severed and i would like to use my rear for the front (as i have a wideband o2 on the back already) if possible. any help would be appreciated. thank you
Old Feb 8, 2011 | 11:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by eboru-shon_x
hi guys. not to revive an old thread but how do you actually take the rear o2 sensor and connect it to the front. i recently had an issue where my front o2 sensor wire severed and i would like to use my rear for the front (as i have a wideband o2 on the back already) if possible. any help would be appreciated. thank you
If you have a WBO2 with a simulated narrowband output, then feed it into the front O2 input wire.

I could definitely be wrong, but I think the connectors are different on the front/rear O2, however you might be able to splice the rear to the front and disable the rear in your ECU (I don't prefer this though since solder can melt from exhaust temps).
Old Feb 8, 2011 | 08:09 PM

where do you actually splice the simulated nb input into? i have the UEGO WB sensor/controller. thanks
Old Feb 9, 2011 | 09:07 AM
EvoM Community Team

Comparing the ECM pinout against the FSM:

http://roadraceengineering.com/evox/...-ecuwiring.htm

...according to 13A-203 it is pin 3 on the connector to pin38 on the ECM which is red in color