Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Trouble codes with a hesitant evo x gsr 08

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2010 | 03:30 AM

Trouble codes with a hesitant evo x gsr 08

My car has a access-port and all the bolt ons, walbro fuel pump, deatschwerk 800cc injectors, BC camshafts, okada coil packs perrin electronic boost solenoid, ams small battery/kit. Brisk silver racing spark plugs, Agency power lightened crank pulley, 40,000 miles, boomba complete hard mount kit front and back. My car went down to surge line to be pro-tuned, because my tuner in Seattle hit a brick wall. my car would at this point in my install, would do fuel cuts at any throttle greater than 40% at 5th gear and more and consecutive lower gears so 1st gear would be 80% throttle. I am thinking either the install of the camshafts ****ed with the time chain, but there is no code for elongated chain. Then they said it was me main bus at surgeline was not operating properly to the ecu. So i am trying to figure out whats going on. IS it one of the parts, my ecu or what? It feels like it boost up so quickly the ecu cant keep up and says "woahe there" and flashes a triangle with a exclamation point in the middle. eventually i keep on pushing getting a whole bunch of codes, sometimes same a little different maybe, the last; AIRBAG B210d, this is always on not worried; ECU: P0031, P0037 front and back automotive trouble code which refers to an oxygen sensor heater circuit that is low. P0830 This might because i just had an ARK Design dual disk clutch installed going back so they can fix the catch point of the clutch engagement. ACD; U0431:Invalid Data Received From Body Control Module "A" this could be the can bus malfunction that surge-line was talking about not sure though. Then C2100 not sure could be battery voltage TPMS code anyways if any one could help so i can drive my car fast again.
Old Jan 23, 2011 | 03:05 PM

it was the brisk silver racin spark plugs i got from perrin.
Old Jan 23, 2011 | 03:14 PM

Brisk silver racing spark plugs suck, from perrin no less

they caused massive fuel cuts , engine codes no on ever seen or heard of, causing me to buy new ecu, Perinn performance is blak listed, the guys there talked them up and posted detailed reviews of the plugs. i will never suggest perrin or purchase from them what so ever. aloe ban any brisk products. it is the worst possible buy ever.
Old Jan 23, 2011 | 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by redaxelnos
they caused massive fuel cuts , engine codes no on ever seen or heard of, causing me to buy new ecu, Perinn performance is blak listed, the guys there talked them up and posted detailed reviews of the plugs. i will never suggest perrin or purchase from them what so ever. aloe ban any brisk products. it is the worst possible buy ever.
I had the same experience o my MR with Brisk silver. I guess these cars only acccept irridium plugs, which can be produces with very thin center elecrtode.
Old Jan 23, 2011 | 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Would you mind posting up the codes you were getting?

I wonder if it has something to do with the resistance of the plugs, versus the electrode type.

Any way you could ohm out a set of the brisk plugs post up the results? I'm curious as to what the gap was as well. I'm not doubting you, I am just wanting to have this information in my brain....

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kozmic27
Would you mind posting up the codes you were getting?

I wonder if it has something to do with the resistance of the plugs, versus the electrode type.

Any way you could ohm out a set of the brisk plugs post up the results? I'm curious as to what the gap was as well. I'm not doubting you, I am just wanting to have this information in my brain....

Thanks.
I tried different gapping with the same results - fuel cuts and something like ASC service required at the main display during every spool. Fortunatelly the manufacturer agreed to take the plugs back and refunded. They said they work fine in some WRC cars, but were not tested with our Evo Xs.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 01:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Your tune = ****ed...

You need to take the car to someone who can tune EvoX's
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
Your tune = ****ed...

a zillionnnnn x agreed !
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 11:39 AM

codes galore

I have okada coil packs so my gap is not really a question comparable to stock, my gap was greater due to the higher quality coil packs on.
P0606 U0134, pretty much every ecu code ACD code2100 U0100 C1617 P0031 P0300, and many others that i went through but cant remember the ecu couldn't figure out what was the problem, and the coil packs would hide the problem with the spark plugs. and i had it professionally tuned by Tim at surgeline tuning the lead tuner at cobb with all the engineering guys at cobbs headquarters as well. so it was just a really f up fluke.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by tephra
Your tune = ****ed...

believe me the tune was perfect the plugs were the f up part, cause as soon as i put in different plugs beautiful.
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 03:45 PM
EvoM Guru

well if you know what the problem is why post?

overboost (specifically over 30psi) can cause a lot of those funny codes to popup..
Old Jan 24, 2011 | 05:25 PM

figured it out just on friday and had the problem for a while and just wanted let others know if they had similar problems