Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

noob question, how i can get up the boost?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noob question, how i can get up the boost?

I tuned today my friend's evoX but i can not get more than 17psi with 22psi spike and 15psi on red line.

I put the boost target to 160, (maximum) the boost control load offset to 150 (80 stock),

I get up the values on the reactive solenoid max total upward correction and the reactive solenoid base wgdc to the max.

The car has a perrin turbo back.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:01 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It sounds like you are trying to blow the car up. 310 load is quite a bit for a car with just an exhaust... and if you upped the correction it should do it's best to make it there.

It sounds like you adjusted most of the necessary tables (boost target, load offset, reactive solenoid base).

Please stop and read the how to tune an evo sticky or Merlin's guide:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8984700-post59.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-tune-evo.html

AFTER you UNDERSTAND exactly what you need to adjust, you may need to increase the passive wgdc also, considering the BWGDC maps were probably at 100% already and you simply increased them to a value beyond full-on.

Friends don't blow up friend's cars... make sure you know what you are doing!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
It sounds like you are trying to blow the car up. 310 load is quite a bit for a car with just an exhaust... and if you upped the correction it should do it's best to make it there.

It sounds like you adjusted most of the necessary tables (boost target, load offset, reactive solenoid base).

Please stop and read the how to tune an evo sticky or Merlin's guide:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8984700-post59.html
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...-tune-evo.html

AFTER you UNDERSTAND exactly what you need to adjust, you may need to increase the passive wgdc also, considering the BWGDC maps were probably at 100% already and you simply increased them to a value beyond full-on.

Friends don't blow up friend's cars... make sure you know what you are doing!
Nice note
Old Feb 9, 2011, 03:15 PM

fostytou

i have never got 310 load, as i say the load is only 240 splike with 220 at mid and 200 at rev limit. I put the measures at PSI for a easy reading

The car has the boost limit at 260, but i never get the boost cut

I have read the Merlin's guide many times and how tune an evo and this is the reason of my question, because i have rise the values including the passive wgdc and the boost is a little more than stock

I have tuned many cars in 8 years and noone have blow the engine, including NSX supercharger, or elise with turbo kits

Last edited by raulhp; Feb 9, 2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 05:58 PM

Probably don't want to hear this but go back to base map and start over
Old Feb 9, 2011, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Or just remove the boost line leading to the WGA, you'll get max boost, for one pull.

You really want to test incremental change and make sure you read the tuning guides out there about how to adjust the boost via ECUFlash. Sometimes a good old MBC works out better from a simplicity standpoint.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 12:55 AM

thanks
I will re-start all the process again, my boost target is only 1.4 bar (21 psi) or 240 charge.
I tuned the fuel and timing with great and fast results, and i only need tune the boost right now to have a consistent boost over all the revolution range

I use PID algoritms for boost control over some EMS like hydra, and the evo ecu has a lot of variables to control boost, this is the first time i try to control boost via OEM solenoid. All evos i tuned had a Electronic boost control like the apexi avcr or HKS evc6...really good boost controller

Last edited by raulhp; Feb 10, 2011 at 01:07 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raulhp
fostytou

i have never got 310 load, as i say the load is only 240 splike with 220 at mid and 200 at rev limit. I put the measures at PSI for a easy reading

The car has the boost limit at 260, but i never get the boost cut

I have read the Merlin's guide many times and how tune an evo and this is the reason of my question, because i have rise the values including the passive wgdc and the boost is a little more than stock

I have tuned many cars in 8 years and noone have blow the engine, including NSX supercharger, or elise with turbo kits
I am not a professional, but I think it is not possible to get 200 load in red with ONLY 15 psi on stock turbo. May be you get bad info from boost pressure gauge?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:18 PM

well, today finally i got the boost i want it.
I needed to put the reactive solenoid tables to 100%, boost target to 150 and the load offset to 100.

Then i played with the passive solenoid tables with values arround 70...this was the error, because the stock value is only 10, and i only get small incrementals for it.

Now, the car has a 1.5 bar (22psi) spike, with about 1.4/1.35 bar in the mid range, and 1.3 on the red line