Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Proefi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proefi

Is anyone running the ProEfi in their X? If so how do you like it? Not that AP or ECUflash isnt up to par, but I'm looking for a stand alone solution that offers flex fuel and doesn't cost 2 kidneys like motec.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
anything that allows global fueling to be changed (injector size scaling / latency/deadtime) can work with e85. e85 just requires 30% more fuel.. so it doesn't matter what EMS you use its going to all work. throw more boost, fuel & timing at the car and watch the fuel do magic if the fuel mods are there.

so do you really wanna pay huge $ on proefi when you're going to get the same results with the stock ecu? I understand proefi will measure the ethanol content and self adjust the tune.. but honestly none of that is necessary with a good tune to begin with. e85 is an extremely forgiving fuel when tuned properly.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ProEfi will also pull timing and boost instantly if you loose fuel pressure or a injector fails or is clogged. Thus saving you a costly repair. I am strongly considering this for my car.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 06:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
ProEfi will also pull timing and boost instantly if you loose fuel pressure or a injector fails or is clogged. Thus saving you a costly repair. I am strongly considering this for my car.
yes i know. i read into it as well before when i seen shep running it in his personal evo. nothing i would ever purchase though personally with all the things we have on stock ecu platform. nothing is going to stop boost when your line blows off your wastegate though regardless if the settings are there or not. the only protection in that scenario would be to pull timing like hell and richen the car and hope for the best.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by irih100p
Is anyone running the ProEfi in their X? If so how do you like it? Not that AP or ECUflash isnt up to par, but I'm looking for a stand alone solution that offers flex fuel and doesn't cost 2 kidneys like motec.
I've not had the chance to run ProEFI on an EVO X, yet. But. I've ran it on other cars with great success. I would like to hear if anyone on here has yet.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 09:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
nothing is going to stop boost when your line blows off your wastegate though regardless if the settings are there or not. the only protection in that scenario would be to pull timing like hell and richen the car and hope for the best.
To be fair, the evo X has electronic throttle so it could close the throttle plate for you if it detected severe overboost / air leak / etc.

....or do it on knock like Tephra V2 *ninja*