Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

CAN ID's for TPMS Logging?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:56 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for coming aboard!

Here are some other pictures in a related thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...imus-help.html

I assume the screenshots above are from the Actia XS Evo software / device.

It looks like there is another post about Actia and it has a knockoff clone as well: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...omization.html

Do you have any more information on the model number or where it can be purchased?

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Doesn't topic deviate from original CAN IDs?
Believe me, they are as interesting as hacking ETACS settings
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by vadimus_ca
Doesn't topic deviate from original CAN IDs?
Believe me, they are as interesting as hacking ETACS settings
You are right... I got a bit excited . I moved the posts over to the other thread linked above.

If you wouldn't mind chiming in on versions / etc over there I'd appreciate it. If you think we should just head to the Outlander post that is fine too.

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

BTW the final goal is to manage ETACS settings from any device thru $30 BT OBD adapter. How do you like the ability to switch TPMS from the phone, huh?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
That all tells me that the system has to be installed and has to be able to detect when a tire is over/under inflated by 25% of suggested tire pressure...it says nothing that the system has to alert the driver in any specific way, like set off a light, or cause something to show up on an infometer. The system would be deemed legal if the low pressure indication came on, then turned off after a minute or so.

we that play by the rules, play by the specifics of them.

Also marijuana is illegal by feral laws, yet here in AZ the state has facilities that sell it for medicinal use. Emissions laws are stricter in CA than in the 49 other states. Ultimately laws are enforced at the state level and many federal laws get ignored. Here in AZ when I first moved here and registered my car, they didn't care about emissions and was cat-less. All they cared was that I had seatbelts, turn indicators, brake lights and a working horn. That was it.

Now that I live here in central AZ, I have to pass emissions, but they just plug-in and test, there's no visual inspection for things like cat-converters, which are federally regulated as mandatory.

Disabling the tpms is no worse then disabling the rear O2 from throwing a CEL from a HFC or TP, except, no one is going to test your aftermarket wheels for tpms sensors.

Last edited by TheBlade; Aug 11, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:57 AM
EvoM Community Team

BTW the final goal is to manage ETACS settings from any device thru $30 BT OBD adapter. How do you like the ability to switch TPMS from the phone, huh?
That would be absolutely fantastic. If you are familiar with our vendor's Tactrix cables those are another option that nearly everyone already has.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlade
That all tells me that the system has to be installed and has to be able to detect when a tire is over/under inflated by 25% of suggested tire pressure...it says nothing that the system has to alert the driver in any specific way, like set off a light, or cause something to show up on an infometer. The system would be deemed legal if the low pressure indication came on, then turned off after a minute or so.

we that play by the rules, play by the specifics of them.

Also marijuana is illegal by feral laws, yet here in AZ the state has facilities that sell it for medicinal use. Emissions laws are stricter in CA than in the 49 other states. Ultimately laws are enforced at the state level and many federal laws get ignored. Here in AZ when I first moved here and registered my car, they didn't care about emissions and was cat-less. All they cared was that I had seatbelts, turn indicators, brake lights and a working horn. That was it.

Now that I live here in central AZ, I have to pass emissions, but they just plug-in and test, there's no visual inspection for things like cat-converters, which are federally regulated as mandatory.

Disabling the tpms is no worse then disabling the rear O2 from throwing a CEL from a HFC or TP, except, no one is going to test your aftermarket wheels for tpms sensors.
Just because I referenced some information, doesn't mean I agree with it.

Hell I've been running catless, with alternative fuel in California for a good amount of time, and I sure as hell don't drive 65 all the time.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
That would be absolutely fantastic. If you are familiar with our vendor's Tactrix cables those are another option that nearly everyone already has.
Anyone with Openport cable here in Greater Toronto Area willing to help?

BTW Are there some less expensive Chinese clones for it?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
right now, there is no chinese clones of the openport 2.0 and I wish there will never be.

As soon as I get my lexia 3, if I have some spare time I will sniff the CAN traffic using my openport 2.0 and see if I can figure out something hopefully

Mart

Anyone with Openport cable here in Greater Toronto Area willing to help?

BTW Are there some less expensive Chinese clones for it?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

ETACS Decoder will soon support Openport 2.0 (and some other J2534 devices too) for changing ETACS and engine ECU settings, PM me if interested to try it.