Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

IveyTune Or EFI Logics

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everytime I have emailed Danny over at Ivey or called from Canada, they have always answered the phone and givin me the answer to my questions.

Grtting my mr built/tuned there once papers are signed etc.
Old May 31, 2012, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am here reading this from Inside a Nissan GTR on the dyno!!!

Please provide me your number and I will call you!!!!

Sean
Old Jun 23, 2012, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by allensaldi
I have a bad taste in my mouth already after e-mailing IveyTune twice and never getting a response. I know when I contacted EFI Logics Pete got back to me with a short period of time (Less than a few hours)
i went to Ivey tune for a few times and each time waited for my car to be tuned. these guys work hard! and i can see them spending most of their time in their garage working on cars! they dont have time to sit in the office and read posts or answer emails. so best way is to call them! they will take good care of you
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:25 AM

Hey guys,

Looking for the best tune on my 2011 GSR. I have delt with EFI Logics in the past with my Subaru and they were the best of the best, but i'm not sure how they will do with my EVO. I've only heard good things about Ivey and his work with the DSM community. Question is, if you had the choice where would YOU go.

Mod List:
Tomei Expreme Catback
Tomei Test Pipe
ETS Open Dump Downpipe
AMS Intake
AMS UICP
Grimmspeed 3 port
Cobb AP
I got my car tuned by Sean and i have 0 complaints. i recommend any evo owner to take their car to sean for their tune. Specifically for a Cobb tune.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:44 AM

i think you are in safe hands with either choice, but I have a co-worker that had work done on his STI by EFILogics and he only has positive things to say about them
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:53 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Been to efi a few times. Awesome service. Chris tuned my car I'm not sure.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by blkstreak
i'm a bit biased, but i went to ivey for everything.

Great work, great customer service. Sean and the crew are stand up guys.
+1
Old Jul 4, 2012, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Been to efi a few times. Awesome service. Chris tuned my car I'm not sure.
Yes, Chris is the head tuner. He's extremely good, thorough and consistent. EFI has a very strong relationship with Cobb and I've had the opportunity to overhear a few conversations, well over my head, regarding specific tuning techniques, the latest updates to their software, and changes they are working on for the Evo and other cars. Impressive stuff.

There are some great tuners out there but as a tune is ultimately just one piece of a car's development, EFI has a full shop for mods, fabrication, motor building, race prep, and repair. 5 Bays and multiple lifts can really make the difference and so you'll want to consider more than just the tune but the long term plan with the car.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:43 PM

I have yet to have my car tuned by anyone and was still decided on where to take it.

But, Unfortunately Chris from EFI Logics passed away this weekend. He will be greatly missed by a lot of people and my prayers go out to his family and friends.

I contacted Ivey Tune a short while ago reguarding a price and what not.

@ Sean, I just read the last few posts and I appreciate the response! Sorry I wasn't able to get back at you until now but I've been out for quite a while with work. I sent an e-mail to the sales account from your website.

Thanks,
Al
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have yet to have my car tuned by anyone and was still decided on where to take it.

But, Unfortunately Chris from EFI Logics passed away this weekend. He will be greatly missed by a lot of people and my prayers go out to his family and friends.

I contacted Ivey Tune a short while ago reguarding a price and what not.

@ Sean, I just read the last few posts and I appreciate the response! Sorry I wasn't able to get back at you until now but I've been out for quite a while with work. I sent an e-mail to the sales account from your website.

Thanks,
Al
In case anyone is wondering...

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/middles...r#.UA8FKaNdDvZ
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Very Sad, my condolences to his family.

Sean
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:58 PM

They're both very good places to go. Cant go wrong either way.

Last edited by sLowEvX; Aug 3, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very sad, was a great guy, he tuned my evo last summer, deff will be missed RIP
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

I was completely skeptical on even modding my car to begin with, but after some talk on the forums and the motivation I got here, I decided to give Ivey a call.

Danny was great, Sean was great (didn't even realize who he was until after the fact, sorry Sean!) and I couldn't be any happier with the work they did on my car. It feels great...and when I get on it, she pulls hard and seemingly forever.

My only gripe is that Danny had forgotten to give me my stock mufflers back, but that's just me complaining because I don't want to drive the 40 minutes back down to pickup mufflers.

Top notch team. If I choose to do any additional work on my X, I wouldn't hesitate to bring the car to them again.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:43 AM

I would strongly reccomend EFI logics. I made the mistake of getting my car tuned by an inexperienced tuner and my car made nothing for power. When I called Chris and the crew at EFI they got my car right in there and did what a true tuner should. They were very friendly and just an overall great shop. With the recent death of Chris they worked quickly to get a new tuner from Cobb in their shop to continue the great name Chris left behind. EFI all the way

Quick Reply: IveyTune Or EFI Logics