Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Logging A/F using AEM Analog Wideband question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Logging A/F using AEM Analog Wideband question

So today I installed a serial adaptor that I bought from Mellon Racing. The instructions that came with serial adaptor talk about using the blue wire from the gauge to log. Well the analog gauge has a White Analog Output + wire and also it has a Brown Analog - wire. I wired the White wire to the blue wire on the adaptor from Mellon Racing, and grounded the brown wire.
Later when I was done I went over to Radio Shack and bought a serial cable (my laptop I use has a serial connection on the back). I follwed these instructions for my install... http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21747
Here is a screen shot of what I have selected. Also I went into Device Manager and tried changing the Bits per Second to match what is shown in Evo scan as you can see whn the car idling my a/f always shows 0....
Old Mar 2, 2013, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Found my answer on google.... analog gauge does not work with serial connections
Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:57 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vwjeff
the analog gauge has a White Analog Output + wire and also it has a Brown Analog - wire.
Not meaning to beat a dead horse at all... but you said it right there. Analog != digital serial.

It really is a bit disappointing. I'd rather have the analog gauge, but the no serial logging is a deal breaker.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Your right I know I screwed up. So I guess now I am gonna wiring it into the rear o2 heater curcuit. However there is a new problem, the 2012 has different color wiring From what I can gather I need to wire into pin 3. Also I dont understand the mathmatical equation that needs done to the ecu