Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Type of tune? Further Suggestions/remarks/help?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Type of tune? Further Suggestions/remarks/help?

Ok, need some reccomendations on the situation I got going on. 12 Evo X GSR, mods owned but not installed include, injen intake, injen UICP, Ultimate racing HFC + DP, greddy bov (type RS).

I will NOT be doing any additional modifications to include the cat-back and anything else of that nature. It is my DD and my reliable means of transportation for many years to come.

Now, I am planning a tune, just do not know what direction to take due to a tight budget. Can someone help briefly give me a synopsis between some of my available options. It will be my first tune on any car and like I said, I do have a fairly tight budget. Also, didnt know if my options would change because of a limited mod list.

I am also curious as to what kind of power hp/tq i am possibly looking at post tune with the list previously mentioned.

I am obviously open to all suggestions, I am trying to find the BEST cost efficient (not cheap) way to do it. estimated prices would be great, or the best to your knowledge.

I have owned the car since November, but I have been deployed since end of January. Therefore, I've been trying to do my fair share of reading and educating myself through the help of my fellow X members. I appreciate the help and hope to see numerous discussions to help smoothen the process I am trying to accomplish.

-Desh
Old Jun 19, 2014, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
You could do either a prfessional dyno tune, or an e-tune. If you're in PA, I suggest taking it to CBRD in York to get your pro tune. He can tune open-source, so that saves you from needing to buy a Cobb AP. Since the tune is the most important mod, don't skimp on it...that's not the place to save in a budget.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 07:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Please let us know if we can help

we are cobb certified and tune open source!

cb