Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

OEM solenoid with no pill

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM solenoid with no pill

I bought a used X MR and just installed a boost gauge. I'm maxing at 11psi which is the wastegate spring pressure. It has a stock solenoid but the hoses are not stock, and they aren't plumbed the way a stock one would be. Seems it had a 3 port at one time. I think I need to buy a cable and check to see if the tune was reverted to stock.

A couple of questions. What is the effect of not having a boost pill with the stock solenoid? Could that be causing the problem I'm having, or is there more to it. And is it safe to run how it is now with only the wastegate pressure. If so, I'll probably just leave it and save up for exhaust/bcs/tune.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 06:29 PM

Anyone?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 02:09 AM

Running with no pill in the line should bring boost down to base wastegate spring levels

Originally Posted by adamkmay
I bought a used X MR and just installed a boost gauge. I'm maxing at 11psi which is the wastegate spring pressure. It has a stock solenoid but the hoses are not stock, and they aren't plumbed the way a stock one would be. Seems it had a 3 port at one time. I think I need to buy a cable and check to see if the tune was reverted to stock.

A couple of questions. What is the effect of not having a boost pill with the stock solenoid? Could that be causing the problem I'm having, or is there more to it. And is it safe to run how it is now with only the wastegate pressure. If so, I'll probably just leave it and save up for exhaust/bcs/tune.