Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

AMS EVO X O2 Housing / Eliminator with Comparison Pics!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
this wont affect us passing emissions will it?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayevo23
this wont affect us passing emissions will it?
Not at all...
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We actually already did dyno it and posted up the results in another thread but I will repost them here.

The test car:

EVO X

Turbo: Turbochargers.com 50Trim Compressor in the stock turbo
Intake: AMS Intake Pipe
IC: AMS FMIC with Upper IC pipe
Exhaust: AMS Catback with Test pipe

Boost: 24psi
Gas: MS109 for testing purposes.

This test was done the same day back to back to show the actual gain from just the AMS O2/Downpipe section.

Previous tests were done on just a downpipe and the gains were ZERO. As we had expected all the gains in this section of the exhaust are sourced from the O2 housing section off the turbine housing.

First the dyno chart:

As you can see from the above Chart 15whp was achieved from just the O2 housing / AMS Downpipe
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Oh me want this! Any ETA?
Old Dec 26, 2008, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Please read below for the ETA. Thank you.

Eric

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
yeah, damn thing wont come off. I have tried just about everything short of burning it off LOL. The other one is just as bad too. Must me some rare string of rash or something.

No prices just yet. we really hate to release things until they can actually leave the door. All of us that work here at one point in our lives were customers just like you and we know how much it sucks to pay for something and have to wait and wait and wait for it. This is why we won't actually release pricing and sell them until we have a solid and SHORT lead time for them. Casting takes a while but we are turning things around pretty quickly now. I would say a pessimistic goal would be mid to late February but it could be sooner. This piece is super high quality and worth the wait guys. We designed it to fit like OEM and when incorporated with the heat shield to look like stock for you CA guys that are trying to fly under the radar.

Eric
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Just ordered the AMS HFC today, now I want this ... and possibly the Cat back section to go along with it!
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Kisada
Just ordered the AMS HFC today, now I want this ... and possibly the Cat back section to go along with it!
yea i just order the upper uicp today was thinking about ordering the hfc but decided to wait for this. let me know how it is i might change my mind and just order it and buy this later i think the gains are the same correct me if im wrong.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 05:07 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Here's some pics of the RHD Evo steering column. Do you think your DP/O2 can clear the steering column?

Old Dec 26, 2008, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SiC
Here's some pics of the RHD Evo steering column. Do you think your DP/O2 can clear the steering column?

I am going to guess "no" It appears from the pictures that the stock O2 housing is the same for LHD and RHD cars. This would explain why there is such a tight radius on the stock pipe (to clear the RHD column). I think a lot of the gains in the AMS cast DP is in the improved routing due to decreased radius and larger opening.

I could be wrong about my guess though.....

Last edited by Ivan@AMS; Dec 26, 2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ivan@AMS
I am going to guess "no" It appears from the pictures that the stock O2 housing is the same for LHD and RHD cars. This would explain why there is such a tight radius on the stock pipe (to clear the LHD column). I think a lot of the gains in the AMS cast DP is in the improved routing due to decreased radius and larger opening.

I could be wrong about my guess though.....
Yeah, the huge bend is to clear the RHD column. The closest portion to the steering column is the flange between the DP and the O2 housing. As long as your piping doesn't stick out too much further than the stock flange, I would assume it would fit. I would love to see more comparison pics whenever you have the time.

Thanx
Old Dec 26, 2008, 06:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SiC
Yeah, the huge bend is to clear the RHD column. The closest portion to the steering column is the flange between the DP and the O2 housing. As long as your piping doesn't stick out too much further than the stock flange, I would assume it would fit. I would love to see more comparison pics whenever you have the time.

Thanx
I will try to remember to get Rich to take some pictures that compare the area in question a bit more.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:42 PM
SiC
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ivan@AMS
I will try to remember to get Rich to take some pictures that compare the area in question a bit more.
Thanks alot! By looking at the current pics, it looks like the cast one doesn't stick out as far as your turbular O2 in the first post.

BTW, here's a pic of a DP/O2 made for the JDM.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 07:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SiC
Thanks alot! By looking at the current pics, it looks like the cast one doesn't stick out as far as your turbular O2 in the first post.

BTW, here's a pic of a DP/O2 made for the JDM.
Yeah, that is a super tight radius at the outlet of the turbo. I know the radius was opened up on our cast unit to aid in exhaust flow.

A side view picture of the stock O2 and the AMS cast one should give you a good idea of how much it has moved.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Updates?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 02:45 PM

Any chance you guys will make one like this for open dump?

Last edited by 240shorta; Jan 13, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

Quick Reply: AMS EVO X O2 Housing / Eliminator with Comparison Pics!