Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Agency Power Short Ram Intake Kit Mitsubishi EVO X 08+

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2008, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good looking intake, the heatshield with the hole for duct was a great idea, BUT at $300 come on just like everyone else here thinks it should include the whole intake
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoXstylin
good looking intake, the heatshield with the hole for duct was a great idea, BUT at $300 come on just like everyone else here thinks it should include the whole intake
^ + 1
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ONRAILS
well obviously its 100$ per inch.

I'd say 3800$.

this Agency ARC intake must come with the AFC that was used in the test also.

turbotrix's full intake + filter + ic pipes is cheaper than this 3inch pipe and filter. Also. I don't think these gains are real.

Look at the AFR chagnes. I would like to see a dyno of this on the car. No leafblower running strait into the intake. And no tuning changes this car obviously had a AFC put on it.

I also noticed that you guys gained +30 peak whp. And it was 10DEG hotter when you did it. I would guess if both tests were the same temp it would be more like 35-40whp. Also, how does a car lean out almost a FULL point in 10 Degrees hotter weather. I understand the car is making "more power" but all other tests air filters haven't brought the car up a Full point. The hotter temps should make the car richer. Less dense air, same fuel = richer.

Really amazing filter though. Crazy how that filter made the AFR's a point leaner and much better afr curv. Maybe it is worth $300
No S-AFC is on the car, the intake does lean out the car.

Jon
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ONRAILS
well obviously its 100$ per inch.

I'd say 3800$.

this Agency ARC intake must come with the AFC that was used in the test also.

turbotrix's full intake + filter + ic pipes is cheaper than this 3inch pipe and filter. Also. I don't think these gains are real.

Look at the AFR chagnes. I would like to see a dyno of this on the car. No leafblower running strait into the intake. And no tuning changes this car obviously had a AFC put on it.

I also noticed that you guys gained +30 peak whp. And it was 10DEG hotter when you did it. I would guess if both tests were the same temp it would be more like 35-40whp. Also, how does a car lean out almost a FULL point in 10 Degrees hotter weather. I understand the car is making "more power" but all other tests air filters haven't brought the car up a Full point. The hotter temps should make the car richer. Less dense air, same fuel = richer.

Really amazing filter though. Crazy how that filter made the AFR's a point leaner and much better afr curv. Maybe it is worth $300
There is no AFC on this car I can assure you. I wish we had some sort of tuning solution but not as of yet. We are working on something but as of right now this car has nothing.

Nothing in this test is not legit. I did this test my self. I wish I could datalog G/Sec of maf flow so we could see what really is changing. I am not sure how the factory ECU is set up but my guess is that MAF voltage as well as G/sec increased and shifted the car into leaner load cells. Hard to say at this point in time but soon we will be able to answer all of these questions.

ONRAILS I appreciate your concern for our testing results but I can assure you that nothing was changed and this is what we saw in the testing.

Could also be that the car when dyno'd stock had like 5 miles on it and when we tested the intake it had closer to 200-300 miles on it. Rings had a bit more time to seat and that could also help to an increase in power.

Mitch M
Old Mar 17, 2008, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ditto
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mitch@VividRacing
... my guess is that MAF voltage as well as G/sec increased and shifted the car into leaner load cells. ...
My guess would be the opposite, the g/s went down along with maf output voltage and calculated load, thus reducing the fueling and leaning it out. All it takes is a larger maf housing.

What do the fuel trims look like for idle and cruise ? If they are + there is your answer.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
My guess would be the opposite, the g/s went down along with maf output voltage and calculated load, thus reducing the fueling and leaning it out. All it takes is a larger maf housing.

What do the fuel trims look like for idle and cruise ? If they are + there is your answer.
True but the MAF housing is the same size.

Mitch
Old Mar 18, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

are you guys selling the heat shield separately?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch@VividRacing
True but the MAF housing is the same size.

Mitch
So then what's the advantage over the factory piece?
Old Mar 18, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cruiserdude
So then what's the advantage over the factory piece?
it looks prettier haha
Old Mar 18, 2008, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled

looks like a very well designed kit...
Old Mar 18, 2008, 05:49 PM

it looks prettier haha
Haha, true, that it does. I agree with most everyone else on here, the kit looks great and I'm sure it performs well. I don't doubt the credibility of the testers, but I still find the claimed power gains a bit, erm, interesting... If this kit really can provide that much of a gain over the stock airbox, it may be worth the price. However, I don't see how an aluminum tube, K&N filter (w/ a little anodized ring on the end), heatshield, coupler, and basic hardware costs $300... Great kit, but it should at least come with a suction pipe for that price.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cruiserdude
Haha, true, that it does. I agree with most everyone else on here, the kit looks great and I'm sure it performs well. I don't doubt the credibility of the testers, but I still find the claimed power gains a bit, erm, interesting... If this kit really can provide that much of a gain over the stock airbox, it may be worth the price. However, I don't see how an aluminum tube, K&N filter (w/ a little anodized ring on the end), heatshield, coupler, and basic hardware costs $300... Great kit, but it should at least come with a suction pipe for that price.
i also agree GARBAGE the ams is a better deal