Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing Evo X Catback Exhaust Pricing *NOW AVAILABLE*

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How loud is this exhaust? I know there is a video but you really can't tell how loud it is?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We will not be offering the burnt tips on these exhausts. The SS does not "burn" well or look good.

The exhaust system with the stock cat in place is very nice and not too loud, I think most people would find it to be enjoyable.

I pulled the cat back off the car two days ago. I wanted to work on the CEL to see if we can keep it off with the offroad pipe. So far so good, which is excellent because last time it was on it set the CEL almost instantly.

Anyway, with the offroad pipe in the car it is pretty loud. I think with an offroad pipe in place there will be people who do not like the sound level.

I would like to say that on the way home from the movies tonight I was running the car hard and I have to say it is pretty impressive right now. Not sure what it would run in the 1/4, it has to be close to 11's if not in the 11's. The most impressive part though is the response and handling. The cornering with the KW's is rediculous. Sorry to go off topic.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 05:26 AM

Jarrod:
Whenever you get that test pipe figured out and if it leaves the cell alone, put me in for an order.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

I don't want to jump the gun but so far my EVO X has kept the CEL off for the rear 02. I've put about 75 miles on the car. Before it set it instantly. I want to drive it further to see what happens. So far, so good.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Are these exhausts ready or are they on order and back order only? Has anyone got them yet?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 05:17 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by love9sick
Are these exhausts ready or are they on order and back order only? Has anyone got them yet?
They are coming out really soon. Call Jarrod or Nick and put your name on the list! I decided to tune first, but this is for sure the next thing on my mod list when I can save up a little bit of coin.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

The exhausts, about 2 weeks ago, were 3 weeks from being bent/finished. This a fairly compicated system to build compared to a standard single system. We have quite a few initial systems being bent. If you are interested give us a call and get the order in. We WILL NOT charge you for it until it is built and shipping.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
They are coming out really soon. Call Jarrod or Nick and put your name on the list! I decided to tune first, but this is for sure the next thing on my mod list when I can save up a little bit of coin.
I plan to get the Vishnu Procede with this exhaust as a combo instead of the Vishnu exhaust. Don't think the tune will matter to come first but it is nice to see the gains in the first place from the exhaust.

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The exhausts, about 2 weeks ago, were 3 weeks from being bent/finished. This a fairly compicated system to build compared to a standard single system. We have quite a few initial systems being bent. If you are interested give us a call and get the order in. We WILL NOT charge you for it until it is built and shipping.
I will be putting an order in within a week I hope. If all things go well. Thanks for the updates.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Can we get a 'drive by' video clip?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _Chris_
Can we get a 'drive by' video clip?
Im working on that. VERY soon!

Old Apr 5, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

You prefer I call Jarrod or do you prefer online order? How long before ship and what is the shipping cost to IL? I am getting the exhaust.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

OK, update. Did I mention this car is BAD *** in the handling department? I cannot say how impressed I am with the handling and the KW suspension ride.

I put about another 100 miles on it today. No CEL still. Now, let me be honest, with the offroad pipe the car is loud. It is loud enough that it annoys me. With the cat inplace it was awesome. I am putting this information out there for a few reasons. One, the offroad pipe didn't add much power, it is illegal, warranty work with just a catback is much more simple and the noise level.

I am going to have our muffler manufacturer try something else on our bullet muffler. Not sure why but it is louder than on the EVO8-9's. Could be the difference in the bore/stroke, could be the length of the overall system, could be because the one exhaust outlet is on the drivers side. Whatever it is, I'd like to be able to run the offroad pipe and have it a little quieter.

With the windows down it's fine, with the radio on it's fine. I think with the windows up though for some people with the offroad pipe in place it will be annoying for long drives (such as mine today).
Old Apr 5, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

OK, update. Did I mention this car is BAD *** in the handling department?
You don't have to tell us X owners, the thing laughs at the pavement . Thanks for giving us customers such details, looks like I am gonna gold off on the test/off-road pipe and just order your catback. Do you by any chance know the aprox. time of the arrival of the catback in IL if ordered this week? I wonder how backed up your guys are and at what stage the catback is at. Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2008, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

It's not a matter of being backed up. We are just waiting on the bender to bend the exhausts. They told us 3 weeks, two weeks ago. Should be sometime soon. Once we get the tubing in we will start shipping ASAP. With the amount of orders for the exhausts though I would suggest putting the order in so we have it. We DO NOT bill until the parts are shipping. It will just hold your place in line of the part being built.

If you think the car handles good stock, put the KW's on it and align it. It will blow your mind.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

With the amount of orders for the exhausts though I would suggest putting the order in so we have it.
Ok, kind of figured that. Keep us up to date when you ship them though, I can't wait to have this thing roaring on the back end of my EVO

The handling gets even better?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing Evo X Catback Exhaust Pricing *NOW AVAILABLE*