Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

308 WHP with ETS Everything (stock boost solenoid)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kooldino
0223 = Throttle/Pedal Postion Sensor/Switch "B" Circuit High Input
Yes, I found that on the manual. What the heck does that mean? How do you fix it? Thanks for posting it though.

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
ETS should chime in on your dislikes. What you posted has me concerned and I might look elsewhere to take my business.
YES, they should address that. Don't be discouraged through. Besides these two issues (which is only on Intake Kit), the quality on their products are very good, one of the best I've seen. No fitting issues. And Dyno doesn't lie.

Last edited by Jooyoung99; May 5, 2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old May 5, 2008, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response guys, I've been home really sick today and Michael and crew have been super busy as Mondays always are

First congratulations on the great result! It continues to amaze me what the X can produce with stock boost and modest bolt-ons Feels a bit more like it should have from the factory now I bet!

The boost control solenoid recirc, which is the line without a provision on our intake, returns a very minimal (emphasis on minimal) amount of airflow dicharged from the BCS. It was not enough to create any issues with drivability, check engine lights or otherwise after several weeks of testing and a line that is removed altogether when a boost controller is installed. We felt that because a boost controller is a rather basic upgrade for most EVO X owners that being left with an unused nipple that had to be capped after boost controller install would be more troubling than not having it available for the factory BCS.

The LICP to BOV silicone is not included but something we've discussed building a custom silicone for, and may add in the future. It's always our goal to give you guys the maximum bang for your buck, and more components typically means a higher price. Where neither performance nor fit/finish are not sacrificed it is a balancing act and we make component decisions with all of these factors in mind.

Thanks very much for the review and again our congratulations on the result! Most importantly and what I think this is all about, have fun

Tom
Old May 5, 2008, 05:15 PM

Those are nice gains... Wait 'til they start tuning the ecu.. nice!
Old May 6, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ETS Tom
Sorry for the delayed response guys, I've been home really sick today and Michael and crew have been super busy as Mondays always are

First congratulations on the great result! It continues to amaze me what the X can produce with stock boost and modest bolt-ons Feels a bit more like it should have from the factory now I bet!

The boost control solenoid recirc, which is the line without a provision on our intake, returns a very minimal (emphasis on minimal) amount of airflow dicharged from the BCS. It was not enough to create any issues with drivability, check engine lights or otherwise after several weeks of testing and a line that is removed altogether when a boost controller is installed. We felt that because a boost controller is a rather basic upgrade for most EVO X owners that being left with an unused nipple that had to be capped after boost controller install would be more troubling than not having it available for the factory BCS.

The LICP to BOV silicone is not included but something we've discussed building a custom silicone for, and may add in the future. It's always our goal to give you guys the maximum bang for your buck, and more components typically means a higher price. Where neither performance nor fit/finish are not sacrificed it is a balancing act and we make component decisions with all of these factors in mind.

Thanks very much for the review and again our congratulations on the result! Most importantly and what I think this is all about, have fun

Tom
I have no doubt that it's a great product for a descent price. I think you really should include LICP To BOV silicone hose. I almost didn't put the Intake in because I didn't want to cut the original part, and most people would agree with me.

Regarding boost control solenoid recirc, you should make it in option. Right now, I can't run a MBC because it's throwing CEL and car goes into LIMP mode, and I don't want to have the hose just hanging, no matter how insignificant you think it is.

Anyways, thanks for making a great product for the EVO community.
Old May 6, 2008, 09:56 AM
Former Sponsor

You can disconnect the BCS recirc line directly at the solenoid so that it's not hanging We will likely add the silicone on our next custom order as well and will be happy to send you one at no charge if we go that route. Again congrats on your results and let me know if we can help with anything else!

Tom
Old May 6, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
Regarding boost control solenoid recirc, you should make it in option. Right now, I can't run a MBC because it's throwing CEL and car goes into LIMP mode, and I don't want to have the hose just hanging, no matter how insignificant you think it is.
Maybe running all those mods without a tune to your new mods or any method of monitoring what's going on with your car is what contributed to your CEL lights.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:54 AM
Account Disabled

^+1
Old May 6, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by N1te
Maybe running all those mods without a tune to your new mods or any method of monitoring what's going on with your car is what contributed to your CEL lights.
Really? That's a good insight. Just to clarify, I'm not blaming the recirc line for the CEL. What happened was that I was going to run MBC, but it kept throwing the car in limp mode, so when I tried to hook back the stock solenoid, I've realized that their is no small pipe on the MAF pipe to hook back the recic line. The car runs fine without it. But for an average Joe that doesn't have a great understanding of how all these stuff works, I tend to panick when there is an extra hose that I don't know where to hook up to.
Old May 8, 2008, 10:28 AM
Account Disabled

Overall, the ETS product line for the EVO X is very nice. The fitment on all parts was excellent along with a great improvement in powerband, sound and looks. The little glitches that we ran into have already been remedied by ETS and their kits have been updated. Thanx again JL for the opportunity to work on your X, it was a blast!

Alfred at Tuning Tech
Old May 8, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
I have no doubt that it's a great product for a descent price. I think you really should include LICP To BOV silicone hose. I almost didn't put the Intake in because I didn't want to cut the original part, and most people would agree with me.

same here i wasnt going to install the intake b/c i dont want to cut the stock hose, what if i wanted to go back to stock i cant , i love the intake but the only thing is that hose u have to cut

Last edited by socalevox; May 8, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old May 8, 2008, 11:59 AM
Former Sponsor

We designed the intake to move the BOV closer to the charge piping, shorten the total tubing length significantly and direct the recirc inline with intake flow. These are all features aimed at improving overall performance as well as we feel aesthetics. We're not aware of any EVO X intake system currently available that does not require you to trim one of your factory hoses for installation, but we will soon be the first with a custom silicone for that connection for stock piping with only the intake installed With the LICP and intake package, we are now including a straight silicone for the connection which alleviates the issue immediately and altogether

Tom
Old May 8, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

^very awesome guys.
Old May 8, 2008, 03:06 PM

Hey how much was a kit like that?
Old May 8, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

that one pedal code is probably warning you its about to fall off.
Old May 8, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Tom if we call you or something can we get different color couplers? I don't want blue with ETS labeled all over. Your products look great but I want as much stealth as possible. So can we get all black couplers in place of the blue ones for free or what?

Quick Reply: 308 WHP with ETS Everything (stock boost solenoid)