Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS vs buschur

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by zbomb
Dude, That is the funniest thing I've read/heard all day. Have you ever started your own business or been a part of a business with a tradition of great customer service and excellence in the products you produce. Look at how many vendors have come and gone...You think it's just coincidence. It's not, You need to grow a strong customer backing, You do that by the way the company is ran. I have nothing against ETS and they may end up being a company that lasts many years in the Evo scene..I hope they do, But don't disregard the accomplishment and commitments to those who have been here since the beginning and are still here. After reading the shout out in your sig to Ebay I think I understand your point of view a little better.

Sorry if this is considered OT, I got my .02 To the OP good luck with your hunt for a X...I'm jealous.
I'm not disregarding anyone's accomplishments at all. There was a point in time when Buschur Racing was new. Same with AMS. Same with any other company. Did it matter that they were in business for only a short while? No. They cranked out some of the best **** ever to hit the market (regardless of where they started).

It has to do with the quality of their products and their customer service.

You kinda said the same exact thing I was getting across...

'You need to grow a strong customer backing, You do that by the way the company is ran."

Their company is ran by excellent service and excellent parts. And it didn't take them much time as far as ther Evo market is concerned.

Sorry for taking this so far off topic. These kine threads breed this ****. I'm done.
Old May 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeHmikE
what are your thoughts on AMS and greedy exhausts for the evo x? Curious
don't like either of them. The AMS is just too much of a fart can look and doesn't sound that good. The greddy/HKS ones look too much like stock. I don't dig seeing a big Muffler hanging out my rear end! I will have to look into the technical aspects. IMO though you have a good debate on your hands choosing between ETS and Buschur they both have Dual cat backs and both have a very deep sound to them. It really comes down to what are you expecting out of it. For my buddy and his X it was a nice dual exhaust that would be a simply install for a resonable price. Buschur was really the only one out there that had an All in One product.

Last edited by AkumaMax; May 9, 2008 at 03:10 PM.
Old May 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have used both of their parts, both top notch.
Old May 9, 2008, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

ok here are some specs for everyone to take a look at and decide witch is best for there needs. Some info might be missing because I don't have that info for the system.

AMS:
Price - $685
Size - 3"
HP - 15WHP
Style - Single canister passengers side exit
Opinion - Pretty nice straight through exhaust but not digging the Fart can look. Also 15WHP is good but might get better results if an Available Dual was out. Easy to install

Buschur:
Price - $850
Size - 3" to 4"tip
HP - 28whp & 20ft
Style - Dual pipe
Opinion - Nice replacement for the stock bulky Muffler portion. Deep tone yet quiet ride. Easy to install.

ETS:
Price - $995
Size - 3"-2.5"-3.5"-4"tip
HP - N/A not on site
Style - Dual multi sectional
Opinion - Nice look and sound again a great replacement for stock. Looks difficult to install but might be a sinch once your under the car and do a matchup, Unless ETS gives you a step-by-step install sheet.

Greddy:
Price - $700
Size - 80mm(3.14")
HP - N/A
Style - Single canister passengers side exit
Opinion - Very nice exhaust for it's type should have a great sound. Greddy puts alot of work into there exhaust and sound was all ways great!

HKS:
Price - $825
Size - 60.5mm(2.38")110mm(4.33")
HP - 5RWHP
Style - OEM style muffler section
Opinion - Nice upgrade for someone wanting to keep that stock look. IMO just a waste of $$$ but it's all preference.

Works:
Price - $199
Size - Stock
HP - 12hp & 7ft
Style - It's a modified stock muffler
Opinion - This is just a small upgrade for those stock lovers. You keep the stock Muffler but it pretty much gets gutted to flow better.

Yes I know there are more if you would like to add or have me add just pm me.
Old May 9, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ You must remember that these aren't all on the same dyno so results vary...
Old May 9, 2008, 07:06 PM

Ya the greedy exhaust sounds really good..im debating ETS vs Greedy now. One of those
Old May 10, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

I dont have either of these, but if i was going off looks and sound just off the internet I like the Buschur sound and look, but not much better than the sound of the ETS. This would be a tough decision to make. I would probably look at all the company's products for my particular car that I may want in the future and see which one fits more of my needs better. I'm a person who like to buy all their products from one place so it is one phone call to make. I would look at review on all the products (ease of install, do modifications have to be made, performance of each, look, and sound) From this post it looks like you could just toss a coin and be happy with either one. Customer Service is a MUST. Im not a fan of the sound of the greddy or the ams, sounds like a baseball card taped on a bicycle. Plus I like the dual look better. (I would luv to see ETS stuff on dyno vs there base car though hint hint)

Last edited by dcasandman; May 10, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old May 10, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

ETS for me! Awesome quality, products, with ridiculous customer service! Honestly though between the two, they're both great and you can't go wrong.
Old May 10, 2008, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

i went with buschur for most of my stuff, nothing against ets either, but it just seems that buschur is far more proven than just a couple of cars.
Old May 10, 2008, 11:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AkumaMax
Now this is my own opinion about ETS. Have you seen how some of these parts look like. They look too much like Ebay parts. I know they are not and not trying to rip on your company Tom just going for the looks point of view. I have seen both Buscher and ETS parts in person and would prefer Buscher over actually anyone. The welds are amazing and the Exhaust was a simple install. It took me a good hour to put on the car and I've never done any exhaust work before. Plus the look and sound of the Buscher exhaust are stunning. The Buscher has a deep growl from out side and going through the gears sounds so evil! At cruising speed(60mph) the car has a small humming noise over stock but is 100% bearable for daily usage. Where as the ETS exhaust has a big problem against the Buscher.

ETS:
3inch to 2.25inch out to 4inch tip=choking I would think considering your pushing out 3inchs of exhaust carbons into a 2.25(stock size tube) out to 4inchs it's common sense that this is not good. Now there performance numbers my say different but I'll take common snese over power.
Plus look at how much stuff you need to put on with the ETS. I would be pulling my hair out with all that stuff.
ETS-$995
Buscher:
3inch to 4inch tip= great flow everything is up from the stock exhaust size so more straight flow is better all around for common sense.
The Dyno proven number for the busher are 28whp & 20ft! Thats what you will put down to the Ground! That is amazing.
Buscher-$850 with free shipping right now that IMO is the best bang for the buck!

You hit it right on the nail. Those wern't "lame" coments like Paul said. He's just another ETS lemming. I know many people who went with ETS and regretted it. The quality was very poor.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sky Evo X
You hit it right on the nail. Those wern't "lame" coments like Paul said. He's just another ETS lemming. I know many people who went with ETS and regretted it. The quality was very poor.
Wow you have allot of nerve to start talking crap. Who the hell are you?? Im sure you are just another nut swinger hiding behind a bogus name.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

I bought the ETS Exhaust, and I couldn't be happier with it.
Tom was great, helped me out with a few things.

I would have liked to bought more ETS products, but they weren't available when I was purchasing.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson
Wow you have allot of nerve to start talking crap. Who the hell are you?? Im sure you are just another nut swinger hiding behind a bogus name.
Yea he is. With a comment like that you better have something real good to back it up (which you don't, let's hear from these "lots of people" and see some pics, which they won't have any). Wanna know why? Cause they're is a lifetime warranty for every single one of their products buddy .

P.S. Directed towards Sky Evo X troll
Old May 11, 2008, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Im not against negative post, but if you post one its kinda like drag strip times; post some pics or even better be the person that put the crap on the car and complain about it. I do not like hearing 2nd hand stories unless there is something to actually back up the claim. If most wont believe in a 0.5 sec better quarter time without slips then it should be, then why would they believe that someone that says a particular company is crap with no real evidence to back it up? (i.e. Pics/Personal Experience).
Old May 12, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Let me just say that Both ETS and Buschur the same in Customer service and part quality! It's really a hard decision between the both of them. Also Tom thank you for pointing out about you exhaust I finally understood why the exhaust is made like that and it's an intresting design is pretty cool. There is no need to flame anyone really. Like I said in comparison they are both good and I'm pretty sure all the other companies are good minus the ebay part people who I wouldn't trust making parts for a Geo metro! Really it's all about preferance. If I could get exhaust clips of both from the same camera then it would be a lot easier for people to deiced. This is what usually sells the person anyway is the sound. I know quite a few people who would car less if it had Bends up the azz or was restricting there car if it sounds good they will take it.

Quick Reply: ETS vs buschur