Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Intake to get????

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Parikh1234
I really like that one with the cover. I dont we would have to deal with the rain/snow getting into the engine as some had pointed out on the general section.
Actually, they're both pictures of the same intake/airbox combo. One just has the cover removed so you can see the filter inside.

If their other product lines are any indication, you'll also be able to get just the intake without the airbox.
Old May 27, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gizmotoy
Actually, they're both pictures of the same intake/airbox combo. One just has the cover removed so you can see the filter inside.

If their other product lines are any indication, you'll also be able to get just the intake without the airbox.
cool, any idea on the rain issue? People are saying aftermarket intakes might allow water to get into the engine. Any thoughts?
Old May 27, 2008, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As long as your not hydroplaning, going into deep deep puddles, just try to avoid large water mass' as much as possible.

I have to love Cali for something, doesn't rain that much, just have to deal with the police.
Old May 28, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Ultimate racing intake. It's cheap ($150) looks great, easy to install, sounds amzing and yields great power. You can go wrong.
Old May 28, 2008, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

ours will be available soon, stay tuned to our section for more info
Old May 28, 2008, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Our intake was designed with the aim at maximum possible performance, and as a result has several unique features that can easily be overlooked

The intake piping itself is designed from a single mandrel bent piece for the best possible flow. Additionally the BOV recirc enters the intake stream nearly parallel to the flow direction, again for maximum flow and minimum restriction.

The MAF adapter is machined by hand by our talented team and offers not only a super large 5" K+N filter inlet diameter, but also super smooth transition to flush fitment with the MAF pipe inlet. It also includes dowel pin locating hole for an OEM quality installation.

The entire system is braced against the chassis so movement is limited and rubbing and vibration are eliminated.

We also locate the filter as far toward the ducting behind the headlight as possible for maximum incoming airflow.

More info is available on our site here, but definitely don't hesitate to get a hold of me with any questions! - http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

Tom
Old May 28, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I like how the ETS is all mandrel bent. Anything with a weld is going to cause some tubulent airflow compared to one without. I dont care how good welding skills are. it will not be as smooth and will cause turbulent airflow The more laminar the flow of air is the more air that gets where it needs to be.. turbulent air=bad flow. You can say what u want about weight saving material, but u get an intake to flow better not save a ton of weight.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:20 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I have a drop in using the stock airbox; I've even considered going back to a paper filter to see if there is a difference. To me, you should set your AFRs through good tuning, not use an intake that will injest hot underhood air.

I went 11s with the stock airbox and Mitsu paper filter in my VIII, and this one looks to be an even straighter shot than that one.

If you want to go faster, your money is best spent on a tune, then exhaust mods next IMO.
Old May 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

I'm personally waiting for the HKS RS. It was one of the best on VIII's and IX's so I'm sure the X won't disappoint. The only bad thing about that intake is it's filtering ability. I never had any issues though.