Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Amuse R1 Extra Titan Exhaust - Released!!

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe there is $2500 stuffed inside of those mufflers.... Thats why they are so much !
Old May 31, 2008, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madfast
if it were available as stainless i'm sure half the haters would be whipping out their wallets

titanium prices have skyrocketed the past few years. if you want the most JDMest exhaust go with this one fo shizzle
You're a JDM fanboy too? I am not surprised. I would buy this too without the markup of brand prestige that caters to dumb people that think high price alone equals high quality and performance. That's **** mad hella JDM tyte yo!
Old May 31, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

It's funny to hear all the b!tching about pricing. Amuse is very well known for aftermarket parts that have the quality and look like they belong on a ferrari, only for evo's, skyline's etc.. If you think it's too much that's fine, I don't think your the target audience Amuse is going for anyways. They are not going to make their products cheaper because they go on more affordable car's, like Evo's. Go look at some of the Dry Carbon parts Amuse makes, You will rarely find more beautiful automotive craftmanship.

Last edited by zbomb; May 31, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old May 31, 2008, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zbomb
It's funny to hear all the b!tching about pricing. Amuse is very well known for aftermarket parts that have the quality and look like they belong on a ferrari, only for evo's, skyline's etc.. If you think it's too much that's fine, I don't think your the target audience Amuse is going for anyways. They are not going to make their products cheaper because they go on more affordable car's, like Evo's. Go look at some of the Dry Carbon parts Amuse makes, You will rarely find more beautiful automotive craftmanship.
Yes, they make high quality products, no doubt. They are priced that high because the people that they are aiming for are willing to pay that much.
Old May 31, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

At this price I will buy 10!
Old May 31, 2008, 09:29 PM
Account Disabled

i've seen amuse's stuff for the r35 gt-r, so glad to see they did an exhaust for the X. will be replacing the greddy with this soon.
Old May 31, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

that exhaust is a work of art. but the price is quite "amuse-ing" too. sorry, i had a moment....
Old May 31, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VincentX
Yes, they make high quality products, no doubt. They are priced that high because the people that they are aiming for are willing to pay that much.
dude, u stalking me? look up "sarcasm" in the dictionary...
Old Jun 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
Account Disabled

Overall: Waste of money. 1 in 100 would probably buy it, maybe.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
Overall: Waste of money. 1 in 100 would probably buy it, maybe.
In your opinion maybe so. It's a good thing you don't have a M3 or Benz or hell, even a Ducati. Exhaust systems for those makes are all around the same price as the exhaust above. The quality of the aftermarket exhausts for the makes above don't even touch the Amuse for mechanical beauty IMO.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 02:43 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Super pimp, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. It costs a tenth of the whole friggin car. Screw that!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zbomb
In your opinion maybe so. It's a good thing you don't have a M3 or Benz or hell, even a Ducati. Exhaust systems for those makes are all around the same price as the exhaust above. The quality of the aftermarket exhausts for the makes above don't even touch the Amuse for mechanical beauty IMO.
There's no doubt it's nice, but it's impractical for other then show use. And it's not in my opinion. Looking at the comments in this thread, it's the majority opinion.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 12:52 AM

Looks nice ... not really my cup of tea though.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
I never cared for the 'coloring' of titanium exhaust systems, but I REALLY like the design of this system. They were able to stuff two full size mufflers with minimal flow penalties on it. Heck, I'd actually wish they stuck a resonator further up to make it even quieter.

Amuse is a builder for the niche market, i.e., the high roller crowd. So that excludes 99.75% of the typical Evo market. Just because you can't afford it doesn't make it somehow less worthy of praise. It's really good from a design standpoint, IMO.

And the 'impractical except for show' comment is ridiculous. It'd be stupid to only use that for show! You could make it out of some cheap steel and get it colored. You're paying this much because it's retarded light.

As the saying goes, you gotta pay to play. Heck, a set of carbon fiber motorcycle wheels costs over $3k. Are they that much better than a set of regular motorcycle wheels that you can get for 1/3 the cost? Well, if you have the money...
Old Jun 2, 2008, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

holy buttlovers batman.

Quick Reply: Amuse R1 Extra Titan Exhaust - Released!!