Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

AGP hits over 500awhp !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plain Insanity ...congratz
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thread says 500 hp with s200 turbo. Vid says 35r? So which is it?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bighec
Thread says 500 hp with s200 turbo. Vid says 35r? So which is it?
the youtube video linked in this thread was for vivid racing's evo X--- which is running a 35r turbo

agp is running a s200 turbo and has not linked a vid of it yet.... cough YET i said
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

I read on edmunds inside line that when HKS helped develope the EVO X FQ360 that they stopped there because of the rods and pistons. For them to replace them and try to sell the EVO X FQ400 would have made it to expensive. Here is the link to it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125124

Last edited by hova00; Jul 6, 2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
one way to justify the FQ price, put fear in the public.
Some guys over 400 whp already, with as far as i know stock block and pistons and so on.
So to have 400 crank hp, i dont see the importance to change the pistons, unless you want more money for you job.

for me the FQ is: "Filling Quickly / my valet/ signed by ralliart UK".
Old Jul 6, 2008, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by hova00
I read on edmunds inside line that when HKS helped develope the EVO X FQ360 that they stopped there because of the rods and pistons. For them to replace them and try to sell the EVO X FQ400 would have made it to expensive. Here is the link to it.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=125124
They said the same thing about the Evo 8 FQ400 (400 crank) and we all know the stock 4G63 can handle way way way more than that.

Remember the FQ series has a full warranty. Full warranty spec is much different then enthusiast spec.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gexxer
the youtube video linked in this thread was for vivid racing's evo X--- which is running a 35r turbo

agp is running a s200 turbo and has not linked a vid of it yet.... cough YET i said
Yeah that was certaintly , and I apologize for any confusion Mods, feel free to delete my OT posts.

Last edited by Jblade; Jul 6, 2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

well it's good that they are hitting numbers like this with hopefully stock internals. It will defiantly be drawing the previous EVO owners to stop saying that that it's not an EVO without a 4g63!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

here are some quickie shots of the manifold

the only video we got was camera phone...I will try and get that up later today.

worse come to worse we will re-dyno with video

Last edited by UMSTuning; Jul 7, 2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dirty car pics FTL.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ben@AGP
Dirty car pics FTL.
naw its actually ftw! The car is durrrty, so damned durrrty its intimidating, cause why would that thing be so dirty less there was a good reason for so.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Is this a S256 .55 ar?

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Why does this surprise you? The 4B11 has the same bore x stroke as the SR20, and also aluminum block like the SR20. The SR20 has been around since 1991 and plently of people have been making 500whp on stock internals.

You'd better hope that Mitsu could engineer a motor that's as robust 16 years later.
This is a lot of mis-information. I've been in the nissan camp for a while, having owned a SR, VQ35, and Rb26 powered vehicle.
The SR20DET , under actual stress (forms of racing) does not like more than 400whp as a safe guide. This would be a basic setup of metal headgasket and rocker arm stopper, usually combined with a 2871R or 30R turbo. A lot of japanese tuners use the TD06-20G l2 GReddy kit. over 400whp requires pistons/rods and possible valvetrain work if you want it to be reliable.
Also
500 whp (RWD)
is a big difference then 500whp (AWD). Probably talking like 70-80hp at the motor difference at these power levels in drivetrain loss.

Last edited by Paikman GTR; Jul 11, 2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Very true, but the X's motor is much stronger than the SR20. The internals and block are both much stronger, and the head design is better. The SR20 is a good engine, especially the '90-'93 high port, but it's not in the same league as the 4b11. When considering the price of the cars that it comes in, that is to be expected. That's awesome that you had an RB26 in one of your cars though. The RB26 is about one of the best engines ever made. Nissan should not have gotten rid of it for the new skyline, but then again the engine in the R35 I'm sure will prove to be quite badass as well.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Jul 11, 2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Why does everyone think that pushing 30 psi of boost through a stock motor is out of the question. It is not boost that hurts/blows up a motor..its revs, and detonation. Hell im sure with a good tune, the 4b11 could push 30psi for along time. It all in the tune. While stronger bottom ends do have their purpose from resisting damage due to high revs and detonation. It is still all in the tune. Now im not saying the motor wont ever blow up....but running high boost doesnt do anything to the bottom end. If the actual components of the motor are able to hold up to higher stress leves, and higher hp levels, then there is no reason why the 4b11 should blow up. For fun back in the day we used to strap massive turbos on our bone stock dsm blocks, and push them to the limits. I ran well over 30 psi on a stock 4g63 dsm motor, for many many drag passes. While I did blow up a couple engines, it was due to my tunes, and not having wideband dyno at the time. Boost doesnt kill motors, tunes do.....Hence why you see David Buschur running 30psi on his car on PUMP gas....

Last edited by Asta4125; Jul 11, 2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asta4125
Why does everyone think that pushing 30 psi of boost through a stock motor is out of the question. It is not boost that hurts/blows up a motor..its revs, and detonation. Hell im sure with a good tune, the 4b11 could push 30psi for along time. It all in the tune. While stronger bottom ends do have their purpose from resisting damage due to high revs and detonation. It is still all in the tune. Now im not saying the motor wont ever blow up....but running high boost doesnt do anything to the bottom end. If the actual components of the motor are able to hold up to higher stress leves, and higher hp levels, then there is no reason why the 4b11 should blow up. For fun back in the day we used to strap massive turbos on our bone stock dsm blocks, and push them to the limits. I ran well over 30 psi on a stock 4g63 dsm motor, for many many drag passes. While I did blow up a couple engines, it was due to my tunes, and not having wideband dyno at the time. Boost doesnt kill motors, tunes do.....Hence why you see David Buschur running 30psi on his car on PUMP gas....
Wow, you do not know what you are talking about. Revs hurt engines, not boost? Where the hell did you learn that? Cylinder pressure is what hurts motors, and boost, timing, revs, and detonation all play a role. The point of forged internals isn't just to resist detonation, it's to handle the increased pressure from raising boost and timing. Your problem is that you're focused on the internals and not the other aspects of a motor that is affected by the boost that you don't seem to think damages things.

With any block, imparticular aluminum, if huge power levels are being produced from big boost and timing then the cylinder head can pull off from the head studs and separate from the block. When this happens, all of the rigidity that the block had is now compomised and guess what usually happens?... WARPED BLOCK. And what is a warped block?... a ruined block. And as far as David Buschur running 30 psi on pump gas and stock turbo, that doens't mean ****. The stock turbo can't hold that boost where it would really stress the motor anyway.

It hits 30 psi for about 200 rpm and then falls down to about 19 like every other boost curve on the stock turbo does. Where the real test of strength comes from is running that boost on a big turbo that can actually hold that all the way to redline and then seeing if anything breaks. Now AGP is running a massive turbo that can actually hold 30 psi all the way to redline and the 4B11 is holding it because the block is very strong for an aluminum design and the internals are very strong, but equally important is the fact that the head stud design on the 4b11 has very long, deep rooted head studs from the factory.

This is a really good design and that's why the 4B11 is able to do what it's doing. Hell, even honda B series open deck motors with upgraded internals can make 700 hp if the head is securely fastened to the block with some ARP head studs and a good gasket is in place, but you slap on a big turbo on a stock honda block and you can kiss it goodbye. No offense, but you should really do more research and talk with some credible experts before you start spouting off inaccurate crap like that man, 'cause you're gonna get flamed for stuff like this.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Jul 11, 2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: AGP hits over 500awhp !!!!!