Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

AGP hits over 500awhp !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Very true, but the X's motor is much stronger than the SR20. The internals and block are both much stronger, and the head design is better. The SR20 is a good engine, especially the '90-'93 high port, but it's not in the same league as the 4b11. When considering the price of the cars that it comes in, that is to be expected. That's awesome that you had an RB26 in one of your cars though. The RB26 is about one of the best engines ever made. Nissan should not have gotten rid of it for the new skyline, but then again the engine in the R35 I'm sure will prove to be quite badass as well.
That's pretty much what i was saying is.
SR20 is good but not 500whp capable stock, 4b11 is much better. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Wow, you do not know what you are talking about. Revs hurt engines, not boost? Where the hell did you learn that? Cylinder pressure is what hurts motors, and boost, timing, revs, and detonation all play a role. The point of forged internals isn't just to resist detonation, it's to handle the increased pressure from raising boost and timing. Your problem is that you're focused on the internals and not the other aspects of a motor that is affected by the boost that you don't seem to think damages things.

With any block, imparticular aluminum, if huge power levels are being produced from big boost and timing then the cylinder head can pull off from the head studs and separate from the block. When this happens, all of the rigidity that the block had is now compomised and guess what usually happens?... WARPED BLOCK. And what is a warped block?... a ruined block. And as far as David Buschur running 30 psi on pump gas and stock turbo, that doens't mean ****. The stock turbo can't hold that boost where it would really stress the motor anyway.

It hits 30 psi for about 200 rpm and then falls down to about 19 like every other boost curve on the stock turbo does. Where the real test of strength comes from is running that boost on a big turbo that can actually hold that all the way to redline and then seeing if anything breaks. Now AGP is running a massive turbo that can actually hold 30 psi all the way to redline and the 4B11 is holding it because the block is very strong for an aluminum design and the internals are very strong, but equally important is the fact that the head stud design on the 4b11 has very long, deep rooted head studs from the factory.

This is a really good design and that's why the 4B11 is able to do what it's doing. Hell, even honda B series open deck motors with upgraded internals can make 700 hp if the head is securely fastened to the block with some ARP head studs and a good gasket is in place, but you slap on a big turbo on a stock honda block and you can kiss it goodbye. No offense, but you should really do more research and talk with some credible experts before you start spouting off inaccurate crap like that man, 'cause you're gonna get flamed for stuff like this.

1. I think you need to do a little more research. Sure there is a limit to the amount of pressuer a cylinder can handle. But I have yet to see a motor tear apart stricly from boost alone. Im not saying it hasnt happend but there are other aspects that come into play way before that. Aside from blow head gaskets.....
2. You are comletly wrong. Detnation is the #1 cause for enigne faliure in forced induction cars, along with high reving. Boost is not.
3. Its all in the tune...Im not saying a stock motor can handle 50psi of boost...but 30 for sure.
4. Forged internals....main job is to handle the abuse of high revs, of course increase cylinder pressure, but most of all the ability to handle detnation with out blowing a hole in the pistion or scoring the cylinder wall.
5. I never said DB car was on the stock turbo. Do a little search my friend and you will find out that he has ran his 9 sec street diven evo at over 30psi on pump gas. All in the tune.
6. Why do you think that people used to run high boost on stock (not Forged)4g63 Dsms. Sure the motor would fail, if it det once. However if you had a tune that was safe enought in the parameters of air/fuel, timing, boost....ect.... you could have a high boost aplications on stock motor, no problem.
7. While I know cylinder pressure can cause engine faliure, I dont think 30 psi of boost on the 4g63 or the 4b11 is enough to do damage. If tuned properly....

You seem more focused on the head comming apart from the block, I never said anything along the lines of that. However since agp is running high boost, I would think that the block would have seperated along while back. Its not something that would be fine for say a couple of weeks then all of a suden separate. Read up my friend...and you shall say, and for pete sakes, read up before you start calling me out. Ask any engine builder, what kills forced induction motor the most. They will all say detnation and high reving. Ie..to agressive boost/timing..for the ammount of fuel flowing.

P.S sorry for the spelling and grammer errors, Im using my phone on the train kinda bumpy.....

Last edited by Asta4125; Jul 14, 2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

that tq curve is crazy
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silver evo8
that tq curve is dangerous
fixed
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Just wowwow
Old Jul 15, 2008, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silver evo8
that tq curve is crazy
This car is fun, let me tell you.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ben@AGP
This car is fun, let me tell you.
I hate my timing ben... i pull up and the car drives off... i'm coming down end of august when my sister graduations from nursing school. this time i want to see the car :P
Old May 31, 2009, 04:53 AM

Hard to imagine this was over a year ago.. lol
Old May 31, 2009, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

So what is the price?!