Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACT Street Clutch Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008 | 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

ACT Street Clutch Feedback

For those of you with the new ACT X Street clutch, did you notice a significant increase in firmness on the clutch pedal? Likes, dislikes? thanks in advance.

Not too happy with the stock clutch and the sloppy engagement points.
Old Jul 16, 2008 | 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by antics22
For those of you with the new ACT X Street clutch, did you notice a significant increase in firmness on the clutch pedal? Likes, dislikes? thanks in advance.

We're using the 6 pocks sprung and it feels great. Is holding so far. I recommend it.

BTW we don't have any ACT sponsor, so it's free advertisement..

Victor
Old Jul 16, 2008 | 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

A 6 puck may be a little hard to deal with if it's your daily.

I just got mine, but haven't got around to instaling it. I've only heard great stuff about them and their customer support is top notch.
Old Jul 16, 2008 | 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

ACT Street clutches for the Evo in general usually behave almost like stock as far as engagement goes. They do however increase the pedal pressure a good bit. The Xtreme even more so than the HD. I think ACT says it increases pedal pressure by 10%, but I'd say it's around 50%. The six puck will be okay daily if you don't mind the added pedal effort and the harsher engagement. In my opinion for a daily driver I would make sure the clutch has a marcel cushion and center sprung hub. BVP runs 11's and will be in the 10's within no time. They use the Six puck so I doubt you'll need something as extreme as them. But if you're building a race car then that's another story.
Old Jul 17, 2008 | 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

thank you for the feedback and replies!!

My inquiry was specific to the "STREET" clutch, not the 4-puck nor 6-puck. I do want a much firmer pedal since that is what Im used to (coming from a street clutch on my IX)

Im hoping to get a firmer pedal and loosing the current mushy feeling....
Old Jul 17, 2008 | 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

I would just want something that lasts for more than 3 passes..
Old Jul 17, 2008 | 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

We have them in stock and have one in our Evo X, works great.
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 03:44 AM
Evolved Member

thank you for the feedback and replies!!

My inquiry was specific to the "STREET" clutch, not the 4-puck nor 6-puck. I do want a much firmer pedal since that is what Im used to (coming from a street clutch on my IX)

Im hoping to get a firmer pedal and loosing the current mushy feeling....
Well actually the 6 puck is a street clutch as well. I am running the 6 puck with street disk in my car and the clutch feel is just like the stock one but with out the mushy feeling and it grips a lot better then stock. The one i have is rated at 537lbs. Awesome clutch.
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

edit...

Last edited by ApacheFixer; Jul 18, 2008 at 05:01 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

I used the Heavy Duty clucth and it took us way beyond of what is expected from that particular application, it eventually silpped but it was not until it took some real abuse (458lb/tq).

I am sponsored by ACT but I could have chosen to be sponsored by other companies, and the only thing I can tell you is that they are A+ and so are their products!

Now we are testing an Extreme application, We'll let you know how it performs...
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 12:36 PM

I have the Extreme setup with the Works flywheel going in next week, I let you know how it goes .
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 01:07 PM
Account Disabled

We've used the HD and Extreme units in our X and couldn't be happier with either one.

If you're worried about pedal modulation and effort as opposed to holding raw abuse, then the HD is your ticket. I noticed very little difference in effort between it and the stock unit, but it held 10X better. The only thing that it didn't like was driving in stop/go traffic on a 90 degree day, and then making numerous passes without any cool-down time. At that point we finally got it to slip a little, but after it cooled down, things were great again.

The Xtreme unit has worked great thus far and we haven't been able to get it to slip even when we were trying to get it to (repeated launches after driving, etc.--read: "REALLY pushing the clutch").

Can't go wrong with either unit!

Note: These are both street-disc clutches with the restrictor in the slave removed.
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 09:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
Well actually the 6 puck is a street clutch as well. I am running the 6 puck with street disk in my car and the clutch feel is just like the stock one but with out the mushy feeling and it grips a lot better then stock. The one i have is rated at 537lbs. Awesome clutch.
Guys thanks for the feedback , it is definitely appreciated. .

As far as the comment above, you either have a street disc or you have a 6 puck clutch disc, but not both. I belive you have a 6 puck disc from previous posts you've made.

While you can use any use any clutch on the street, typically when someone refers to one of our clutch kits as a street clutch they are refering to a kit with a street disc (full face organic). I just wanted to clear up any possible confusion and thanks again for your support of ACT.
Old Jul 18, 2008 | 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sales@ACT
Guys thanks for the feedback , it is definitely appreciated. .

As far as the comment above, you either have a street disc or you have a 6 puck clutch disc, but not both. I belive you have a 6 puck disc from previous posts you've made.

While you can use any use any clutch on the street, typically when someone refers to one of our clutch kits as a street clutch they are refering to a kit with a street disc (full face organic). I just wanted to clear up any possible confusion and thanks again for your support of ACT.
I think its great you guys take the time out of your day to post up on here and clear up any information. I will be putting in an ACT soon, preparing for some SCCA/Time Attacks
Old Jul 20, 2008 | 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the feedback people and THANK YOU Darryl for clarifying my reference to the "STREET" clutch.

Looks like the Heavy Duty Street is what I'll be getting!

Quick Reply: ACT Street Clutch Feedback