Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Artisan EVO SA-X 50 Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo-L
Whats the price with a core?
what he said!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:11 AM
Account Disabled

We did a walbro in tank. You will need to modify the plastic housing that the pump sits inside.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
PM me for shipping to 57702, thanks.......I'll probably have to wait until next week to order though.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

35psi on a bolt on hmm
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by teamturbo
Our evoX made 457whp on a mustang dyno. This was on 35psi 93octane and meth. With a AMS reflash, 800cc injectors and emanage ultimate.
Was that on pure meth or 50/50 blend? Do you have any safe numbers on pure 93 with no meth injection? This turbo looks like a great option...as soon as the wallet will allow it...
Old Aug 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Can you post your dyno info? Just curious to see how fast it spools compared to stock.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 06:21 AM
Account Disabled

These are great turbos guys. My car made a max of 428whp with one of their original turbos and a mail in flash! I can't wait to see what the car will do now that we are putting a hydra in it and Colombia here at Speed Clinic can tune it. 450whp should be easy.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilverEvoX
Was that on pure meth or 50/50 blend? Do you have any safe numbers on pure 93 with no meth injection? This turbo looks like a great option...as soon as the wallet will allow it...
Bump for what it can make on pure 93 without meth.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 11:31 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SilverEvoX
Bump for what it can make on pure 93 without meth.
This depends a lot on the tuner. I think once custom tune are more readily available and not mail in flashes high 300 low 400 on pure pump is a real #.

We are working with AMS and trying to get a mail in flash that is suited for this turbo that can be sold as a package.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 01:03 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Weak, post dyno graphs!!! And I don't mean some random graph, I mean a direct before/after comparison on the same car, same day (or close). I can't believe vendors bring a product like this to market and not do a comparison like this on a shop car (or customer, whatever) first. Just silly.

Get'R'done.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 01:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by scheides
Weak, post dyno graphs!!! And I don't mean some random graph, I mean a direct before/after comparison on the same car, same day (or close). I can't believe vendors bring a product like this to market and not do a comparison like this on a shop car (or customer, whatever) first. Just silly.

Get'R'done.

We have over 50 dyno charts from this turbo on our shop car. We are not a ecutek dealer so the tuning plays a major role in the power. The turbo is only half the equation in making power. We know it will support 430whp as it has been done 3 times now with supporting mods.

This is not something you can just add to the car it will not work without the supporting tune.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 02:12 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by teamturbo
We have over 50 dyno charts from this turbo on our shop car. We are not a ecutek dealer so the tuning plays a major role in the power. The turbo is only half the equation in making power. We know it will support 430whp as it has been done 3 times now with supporting mods.

This is not something you can just add to the car it will not work without the supporting tune.
Who said anything about no tuning? If you have graphs, post them up!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

I don't think it's a joke. It makes sense to put a 50 trim wheels in the stock housing. I'm thinking that it should be equavalent to GT3076R turbo. They may have not posted any solid numbers, but based on my tuning experience, it sounds more than reasonable.

I'm out of town for business, but when I get back home, I'm definitely going to order one and let Road Race Engineering tune the car. I'll post up results as soon as I can. Be patient, it takes time to tune a car with a different turbo.

No offense to Agency Power or Vivid Racing, but I think 420 WHP on a GT35R turbo is a joke. 50 trim turbo without giving your core for around $1K is a good deal.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
I don't think it's a joke. It makes sense to put a 50 trim wheels in the stock housing. I'm thinking that it should be equavalent to GT3076R turbo. They may have not posted any solid numbers, but based on my tuning experience, it sounds more than reasonable.

I'm out of town for business, but when I get back home, I'm definitely going to order one and let Road Race Engineering tune the car. I'll post up results as soon as I can. Be patient, it takes time to tune a car with a different turbo.

No offense to Agency Power or Vivid Racing, but I think 420 WHP on a GT35R turbo is a joke. 50 trim turbo without giving your core for around $1K is a good deal.

Thanks for the first step. I am near Houston but it will be a few weeks before I can arrange getting one. let us know how it turns out. I will follow along. IF they can find some ECUtec tuning in Houston maybe I can get some info back here as well for other to see.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So has anyone tried this turbo yet? How would it compare versus a Dominator 2 for power potential and spool?

Quick Reply: Artisan EVO SA-X 50 Turbo Upgrade