Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Artisan EVO SA-X 50 Turbo Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2008, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are lots of claims about this turbo. maybe I should buy it and have Sean Ivey tune it. If its good as they claim, he will be the one to tune it right.
Do you have a dyno graph you can post with engine rpm vs hp/tq on 93 octane without meth On a stock IC setup with a turbo back exhaust?
Im willing to test it out if they can show me there results before on a stock turbo too now with a new turbo. FYI Sean uses ECUTEK, and can tune his *** off. Im sure if this company is really true about this turbo, they will prove it with his skill .

I think they should give me the turbo and ill pay for the tune and we can post the results. That way everyone can be happy and know that there are some real world numbers out there.

Last edited by Maxmumboom; Aug 23, 2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds like someone is setting the stage.

The cost of the turbo certainly seems reasonable, just a matter of someone producing comprable before and after results that a majority of potential customers can relate to. Not everyone is going to hook up a Meth kit nor will everyone use race gas.

Take a car with the "stage 3" bolt on mods, maybe add in a fuel pump and reasonably sized injectors to be safe, then tune as far as it can go as a baseline with the stock turbo at 24 PSI. Next throw on the bigger turbo and dyno again at the same 24 PSI and tune it has far as it can go, both with hopefully similar AF and timing numbers. If you want you can do a race gas and/or meth tune for 30+ PSI to showcase it's upper potential by having a third hp/torque curve on the charts for comparison.

Then take that sucker to the track and lay down some low to mid 11's to verify real world performance on a car with a good clutch.
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Would you need to upgrade the intercooler? I know injectors and pump you need upgraded.....
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

nice
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

how much would all this in all run me, the upgraded turbo, bigger injectors and fuel pump, i have ecutek from sean ivey too. How close are you to buying this maximumboom, i might have to beat you to the punch
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:48 AM

How close am I to buying this turbo? Im not very close. I would be very weary about this turbo. The company will not post dyno numbers or respond to me about anything. Who knows. I spoke to a tuner who will remain nameless, but even this person said that the product claims false hope. Im going to call BS on this turbo until they respond with some numbers.
I can claim my evo x is 987 whp and runs 9s but until i can show some form of proof its BS.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:44 AM
bmx

I just received and installed the turbo today on my JDM GSR.

Service over the phone was excellent and shipping took only about 7 days to arrive in Singapore with a reasonable shipping charge!

Here are a few pictures comparing the stock turbo(on the right) with the Artisan one and another showing the Forge Actuator.

Mods that i have currently
1. Pod filter
2. Cobb Tuning Turbo inlet hose
3. Kakimoto dual catback exhaust
4. Rest of the components stock, intend to use the stock intercooler, injectors and fuel pump and 93octane fuel, max it out and see how far i can go.

Intend to get an Ecutek once i let the turbo run for another about 500km. Initial feel:

1. Turbo lag is minimal, feels like stock spool
2. cant comment much as i have not achieve over 15psi boost yet.

I have scheduled the Ecutek next week and will post up dyno charts once i have them.

Thanks Artisan for the amazing service and prompt updates via email.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

get on that quick! haha
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmx

Service over the phone was excellent and shipping took only about 7 days to arrive in Singapore with a reasonable shipping charge!

Here are a few pictures comparing the stock turbo(on the right) with the Artisan one and another showing the Forge Actuator.

1. Pod filter
4. Rest of the components stock, intend to use the stock intercooler, injectors and fuel pump and 93octane fuel, max it out and see how far i can go.

Intend to get an Ecutek once i let the turbo run for another about 500km. Initial feel:

I have scheduled the Ecutek next week and will post up dyno charts once i have them.

turbos dont need break in, get that thing tuned!!!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

+1
Old Aug 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bmx

1. Pod filter

Probably should go ahead and get a set of injectors for the tune date. You won't get far on the stock injectors, they will go static at about 25whp - 30whp over what you would get with a turboback, hotpipe, filter, and ecutek tune.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steve@NrgTech
turbos dont need break in, get that thing tuned!!!
I think he is running low boost until he can be tuned, not because he is breaking it in.......if you were serious .

Good luck with the tuning, I love seeing stock style turbos making power!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Dyno4mance
Probably should go ahead and get a set of injectors for the tune date. You won't get far on the stock injectors, they will go static at about 25whp - 30whp over what you would get with a turboback, hotpipe, filter, and ecutek tune.
agreed we are maxing out 750cc injectors on this turbo and 28psi.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 10:16 PM
Account Disabled

humm , this unit looks like something we may need to look into .
Old Aug 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zTargeTz
what about the TTP guys with +100whp on a stock X?
There dyno obviously does not read like ours is all I can say on the subject.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=364733

Look at the first plot in the thread above and you can clearly see where the stock injectors went static.

Quick Reply: Artisan EVO SA-X 50 Turbo Upgrade